Visit site
✟1,516,655.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
When I said I don’t think you’re rightly dividing the Word, I was referring to you quoting a Scripture about women teaching young women and using it as justification for Joyce Meyer being head pastor of church
To the best of my knowledge, she is not, nor has she ever been, in such a position. She was an associate pastor, but left that to focus on speaking and writing, without responsibility for a congregation.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not to mention:

1 Timothy 2:
12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
Let's mention it.

1 Timothy 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I said I don’t think you’re rightly dividing the Word, I was referring to you quoting a Scripture about women teaching young women and using it as justification for Joyce Meyer being head pastor of church
I didn't suggest that she was a teacher at all. I said she is not a teacher. I see no good teachers anyway.

Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't listen to Joyce Myers or any teacher but I can't get over how she wears jewelry and teaches wealth and prosperity. To me this is pride, vanity and greedy lust for money.
Apparently you look at her. Even if you do not listen to her.
Please feel free prove me wrong however. I try to see good in people and not just faults
You might be misled when you look at her. Stop looking, no problem.?

Everyone's faults will soon be brought out in the LIGHT and made known.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2024
Lenexa
✟976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
To the best of my knowledge, she is not, nor has she ever been, in such a position. She was an associate pastor, but left that to focus on speaking and writing, without responsibility for a congregation.
See this is the problem. I don’t know what her official title is but that seems to be her effective role. It seems like people are just moving words around to twist Scripture and do what they want

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Apparently you look at her. Even if you do not listen to her.

You might be misled when you look at her. Stop looking, no problem.?

Everyone's faults will soon be brought out in the LIGHT and made known.
You're telling me not to judge teachers but the Lord and his apostles teach me to judge them. That's light.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I didn't suggest that she was a teacher at all. I said she is not a teacher. I see no good teachers anyway.
I 'liked' your post, even though I do not like the fact that it is next to impossible for anyone to find a good teacher in this last 37 years, today.

Keep Seeking, and God Provides. Though not likely on tv, internet, media, or in brick and mortar buildings.

Best place might be successful, FIRST, the BIBLE. 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th also.

Then OLD books. (nothing in the last twenty or thirty years probably).

Already TESTED and PROVEN TRUTH in line with ALL SCRIPTURE.

Still difficult to find , but possible. Do not disclose on open internet - it brings attacks to those speaking truth and those seeking truth.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I 'liked' your post, even though I do not like the fact that it is next to impossible for anyone to find a good teacher in this last 37 years, today.

Keep Seeking, and God Provides. Though not likely on tv, internet, media, or in brick and mortar buildings.

Best place might be successful, FIRST, the BIBLE. 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th also.

Then OLD books. (nothing in the last twenty or thirty years probably).

Already TESTED and PROVEN TRUTH in line with ALL SCRIPTURE.

Still difficult to find , but possible. Do not disclose on open internet - it brings attacks to those speaking truth and those seeking truth.
I keep it simple.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
You're telling me not to judge teachers but the Lord and his apostles teach me to judge them. That's light.
Why listen or look at her at all? Don't judge her unless Jesus Says to.
The Lord and His Apostles might not teach you anything. That remains to be seen.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why listen or look at her at all? Don't judge her unless Jesus Says to.
The Lord and His Apostles might not teach you anything. That remains to be seen.
Jesus and Paul said to beware of them. I'm saying to beware.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Beware of all. Test anything BEFORE accepting or believing it, and then only accept it if it is proven truth, in line with Jesus, in line with all Scripture, and all God's Plan. No contradictions at all in God's Word, Plan and Purpose in Christ Jesus.

Many many many contradictions in men. (and women)

Reactions: HopeSings
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I did not see that earlier - nor yet until now.

Still being obedient in Jesus, does not ever mean you have to look at or listen to a speaker. Any speaker in the world,
except only the one or two perhaps that Jesus might send you to look at or listen to, or might bring to you .

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Is that a foreign language? Am I supposed to understand it? Or is it a jab at me in some way?
We are having a discussion about 1 Corinthians 4 11, In the NIV "To this very hour we go hungry and thirsty, we are in rags, we are brutally treated, we are homeless." In the KJV we read: Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwelling place;

This goes back to the teaching of Jesus: Matthew 25:36 "I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’

Usually when you want to talk about a Bible verse it is a good idea to put that verse in the post to save people the time and trouble to look it up for themselves. For me I want to look at the original language. I like to translate the Bible for myself or at least look at the different word the different translators used.

Bible hub has many different translations and I like to look to see what they all say. We are trained anything other than KJV is a bible commentary that can be used to help us better understand the Bible. I do like the NIV. I read that before I began to read the KJV. Often I quote the NIV because it is easier for people to understand.

Overall, 1 Corinthians 4:11 underscores the physical, emotional, and material hardships that Paul and his fellow workers endured in their dedication to proclaiming the message of Christ. It serves as a reminder of the sacrifices made by early Christian missionaries and challenges believers to consider the cost of discipleship.

There is a story in Acts 27 when Paul was ship wrecked. Maybe this at least in part is a reference to what Paul had to endure.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did not see that earlier - nor yet until now.

Still being obedient in Jesus, does not ever mean you have to look at or listen to a speaker. Any speaker in the world,
except only the one or two perhaps that Jesus might send you to look at or listen to, or might bring to you .
In my years I've lost hope in preachers and myself.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟253,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I think it's particularly not drawing attention to our wealth (should we have it). But either way, I wouldn't agree that wearing jewelry automatically violates the principle. (I mean, I'm typing this while wearing wedding/engagement rings and a watch, so... ).
I agree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
For the right time when it applies:
Jeremiah 51:6
Flee from Babylon! Escape with your lives! Do not be destroyed in her punishment. For this is the time of the LORD's vengeance; He will pay her what she deserves.

Jeremiah 51:9
"We tried to heal Babylon, but she could not be healed. Abandon her! Let each of us go to his own land, for her judgment extends to the sky and reaches to the clouds."

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are having a discussion about 1 Corinthians 4 11, In the NIV "To this very hour we go hungry and thirsty, we are in rags, we are brutally treated, we are homeless." In the KJV we read: Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwelling place;

This goes back to the teaching of Jesus: Matthew 25:36 "I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’

Usually when you want to talk about a Bible verse it is a good idea to put that verse in the post to save people the time and trouble to look it up for themselves. For me I want to look at the original language. I like to translate the Bible for myself or at least look at the different word the different translators used.

Bible hub has many different translations and I like to look to see what they all say. We are trained anything other than KJV is a bible commentary that can be used to help us better understand the Bible. I do like the NIV. I read that before I began to read the KJV. Often I quote the NIV because it is easier for people to understand.

Overall, 1 Corinthians 4:11 underscores the physical, emotional, and material hardships that Paul and his fellow workers endured in their dedication to proclaiming the message of Christ. It serves as a reminder of the sacrifices made by early Christian missionaries and challenges believers to consider the cost of discipleship.

There is a story in Acts 27 when Paul was ship wrecked. Maybe this at least in part is a reference to what Paul had to endure.
I wonder why you think that the apostles couldn't get water. They were always thirsty and couldn't find a river, stream, well or spring?

To me its the cross or the thirst that David and Jesus had. It's my opinion but it's better than thinking that the apostles couldn't find water. Paul told Timothy to drink wine for his infirmities but they couldn't get water?

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For the right time when it applies:
Jeremiah 51:6
Flee from Babylon! Escape with your lives! Do not be destroyed in her punishment. For this is the time of the LORD's vengeance; He will pay her what she deserves.

Jeremiah 51:9
"We tried to heal Babylon, but she could not be healed. Abandon her! Let each of us go to his own land, for her judgment extends to the sky and reaches to the

Revelation 18

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I wonder why you think that the apostles couldn't get water.
Water water everywhere but not a drop to drink. I think this at least in part has to do with the time Paul was shipwrecked.

Upvote 0