✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hullo again,

Well since I started this thread, the issue I raised has become even more serious.

I have tried to encourage folks to continue the work that Jesus started, learn to walk as He walked hearing the Father, praying for the sick, give an account for your faith when asked, bring the Love of Jesus into the marketplace.

I have tried to ask why we have abdicated our responsibility to deal with spiritual bondage in lives - to secular agencies - who are not equiped to deal with such things.

Now we hear that a brother in Denmark is facing the prospect of legal charges for seeing folks healed through prayer because he doesn't have a medical degree and a licence to practice.

Have we travelled so far away from what Jesus asked us to do that we will willingly let praying for the sick to become illegal?

Are we happy to allow prevailing Godless philosophies - which deny that there is a spiritual realm that can bind up our lives - to legally dictate how we practice our faith and frustrate our calling to set the captives free?

You have to see the irony in all of this - Satan binding up lives, convincing folks that he's not real and making it illegal to do anything about it !!!

The link below gives more detail of what I am talking about.

I have no personal connection with his outreach but believe we need to take very seriously this development and let our voices be heard.

Lastly a testimony... from someone who has been healed through his ministry.

I live in South Denmark and 5 years ago i had a lot of pain in my right knee, the best doctors in Denmark recommended that i should go for a knee change to get a plastic knee. the pain was horrible. day and night.. and i met Torben he prayed for my knee. and in the name of JESUS i was healed. I am healed in the name of JESUS: and i will always testify.JESUS IS ALIVE:

Blessings to you all,

Carl Emerson.

Yes. i definitely wish that we as the Church would actually go bacl to the book of Acts and doing the great commission- evangelism, seeing the sick set free, demons leave, repentence, revival, salvation. and yes, i know God has to start with us first....i just feel much of what passes for Christianity today is full of spiritual "fluff" or plastic. it is so tedious.

Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟383,673.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i definitely don't see you as a flake. far from it.

you say you were cpative to the demonic? in what way? (apologies if that is too personal a question- feel free to tell me to shut my face and go way or whatever). reason i ask is because i have had some experience with the demonic in people around me

Happy to discuss that detail on PM - thanks for asking.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟383,673.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes. i definitely wish that we as the Church would actually go bacl to the book of Acts and doing the great commission- evangelism, seeing the sick set free, demons leave, repentence, revival, salvation. and yes, i know God has to start with us first....i just feel much of what passes for Christianity today is full of spiritual "fluff" or plastic. it is so tedious.

Well unless the Lord breaths on our attempts at spirituality it is rather dead wood I guess...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟383,673.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mmmm... well this happened this week...

Dear friend of 33 diagnosed with cancer.

Two Tuma's in her thyroid.

She confessed sins. We prayed with oil for healing.

Pre op biopsy, cells extracted Malignancy confirmed..

Initially facing a wait of several months for operation.

Doors opened very fast, she had op yesterday.

Pastor also prayed that if they took the thing out there would be NO cancer.

Results from post op biopsy NO CANCER.

Hospital embarrassed, in 2000 ops never seen this happen.

Sorry I cant keep my 'story telling' and imaginations in check.

Welcome to PM me for copies of medical records - have permission to share this...

She will publicly testify in church Sunday.

He is on the move again despite our clever theologies.

All praise to Jesus.

Just to say I have posted the medical reports on another thread here...

Speaking In Tongues

Post #120

• Useful
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟743,557.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Friends,

I am really puzzled about the almost complete absence of a central aspect of Jesus ministry in the Christian world today.

When Jesus broke into the world He immediately demonstrated spiritual authority over powers and principalities that were binding peoples lives with sickness, disease, mental illness, physical deformity, etc. in fact He made a point of sending a message to John the Baptist that these things were happening as evidence that the Kingdom of God was being manifest with Him the awaited Messiah.

These signs were also present in the early church and believers were expectant to see even greater things than those evidenced in the ministry of Jesus.

Today the prevailing world view is that these conditions should not be considered to have a spiritual aspect, a clear denial of the Word of Jesus.

This is not only a position held outside Christian circles, but inside as well.

Some folks have even invented a theology to account of the absence of the ministry of Jesus in their midst.

My journey has been quite different. Jesus was my 'childhood hero' and I longed to do what he did. This led to a radical wilderness walk and He allowed me to go down - down - into depravity, in order that I might see first hand His Saving power and authority in my own life.

Being a rebuilt prodigal son, captive for a time by the demonic, I can now clearly see the true nature of the battle.

After seven years of prayer and restoration, and more than five years of constantly reading Scripture I was finally ready to step out with His presence and simply obey His Word to pray for others.

My testimony is to Honour Him alone as without Him there is nothing.

I prayed for a complete stranger in a park who had been in the RCMP drug squad was shot in the legs 11 years back and couldn't walk flat on his feet. Jesus healed this man in a few moments and as he walked up and down praising God and trying out his new walk. I was literally jumping for joy.

I prayed for a boy at a Church meeting who was having grand mal seizures. His parents met me 18 years later to confirm he was fully delivered and healed from that day.

I made a cold call on a Pastor who I had never met - as a complete stranger. As we prayed he slipped to the floor holding his throat pleading for prayer. Jesus showed me how to pray and deal with the spiritual root of his problem. His ministry was transformed as a result.

His spirit urged me to drive urgently to a house in Jerusalem, where I prayed for a lady having a heart attack, her auntie had died of the same symptoms at the same age. She was crying out not to be taken as her children were still young. She was healed in about two minutes. Again her condition had a spiritual root. We followed her progress for some years and there was no relapse.

These are a few of many wonderful incidents of being called to partner with Him that His Glory be seen.

These events do not happen every day - reading Paul one might think he was experiencing such things regularly when in fact his story spans many years.

So I simply want to say that His intent is that our lives have the excitement of seeing Him move. It starts with being completely sold out to Him - not fearing total commitment - but through obedience seeing His order established in our lives. Simply obeying His word, praying for the sick and leaving the results up to Him.

I don't see it as being a special gift - He is the special gift. Where He is, the Kingdom signs are manifest.

With me, these wonderful experiences are generally happening in the world, not in the church.

I am largely unknown but at 72, I need to encourage others that we can partake in His work, it is more than a dream.

Lastly, I am not a flake, my day job is associated with the aerospace industry, I am happily married with 5 children, my wife is special partner with deep faith in Him.

Bless you all,

Carl Emerson.
Wow ... what a gem of a testimony. I have seen your picture around the forums, but I did not know we were graced with such a man of God. I mean that sincerely.

Praise God for such a testimony.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟383,673.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Friends,

I give more detail on one of my more notable experiences...

This was posted today on another thread but it seems good to post it here as well...

I left NZ with $150 on a jumbo Jet to Jerusalem. The money for the flight came in by faith one hour before the tickets had to be paid for. I was away for 10 weeks and everything I needed was paid - strangers supported me.

When I got there I didn't have a clue what He wanted so I prayed three days solid in a big leather chair in the King David Hotel. I was down to my last $50. I got to the point of saying "Lord if you wanted a man of faith - you got the wrong guy - I might as well pack up and fly back to NZ."

Then God...

A couple came into the Hotel and pointed at me - come with us...

They were running a ministry giving support to believing Jews in Gilo.

They took me in - I did practical work for them.

I observed the way they were operating the ministry and had misgivings but had no authority to speak about it.

Then I visited and was having dinner with Esther Dorflinger and half way through the meal God spoke to me very deeply, very urgently - leave immediately !!!

Wow.. how embarrassing but Esther was lovely and 'understood that sort of guidance'

I jumped in a Taxi and got back to Gilo ASP.

As the taxi pulled up - it was raining - I saw the husband running down the road - I jumped out of the car and yelled 'what's wrong ? He yelled back 'my wife is having a heart attack I am getting the Doctor.

Mmmm... God leads me here urgently - lady dying - do I ring the Pastor ?

No - He wants me to pray.

I go in the door - she is crying out not to be taken as her children are still young.

She explained her Auntie died of the same symptoms at the same age...

Her pulse fast and erratic...

I pray as led - speaking against the condition in Jesus Name and for healing.

Within two minutes complete healing and never had a relapse.

Why am I telling you all this ??

Because then after seeing God move - they were able to receive words from me that addressed issues in their ministry.

As you said...

" the sign gifts were a confirmation of God’s message and messenger, in order that people might hear and believe "

I have waited 40 years to be able to share this stuff.

I am an ordinary Joe Blow - no profile - and He wants others to move into this exciting life of faith.

Upvote 0

Back from Heaven

He's alive!
May 5, 2021
Lourdes
Visit site
✟907.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Hey Carl,

I concur that only God heals. Now, he does according to our faith and maybe you have more faith than many of us :)

Would it be out of line to ask if you would pray for me, please? (I couldn't PM you)

I have been sick for 33 years and doctors are not sure what's wrong. Since they have no certain diagnosis, they just won't give me any medication. My eyes are particularly sick and I need to wear soldering glasses to go out, even on cloudy days. Also, I've had a sore throat, dry cough and chills since last time I went out, over a month ago and my weak immune system might be having a hard time fighting covid.

I would be more than happy to pray for you if you so wished.

Love from France,
Stephane.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

VioletInChrist

May 13, 2021
United states
✟16,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings Mr. Emerson.

I would like to know more about your methods of helping individuals cast out oppressive spirits.

I have read your responses and testimonies and I believe that you might be able to help me, if you are lead to do so.

I am positive that I have oppressive spirits that need to be cast out, and have been working on doing this for months, and I am still going, and yet, I still feel them.

I have recently accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior, and have been baptized after leaving behind the new age movement and involvement in the occult, which I was a part of for years...

I need help.

I’m not sure how I can reach out to you and how we can speak but I have been searching for someone to help me with this, and I believe that you might be able to assist me.

The entity(ies), I now see, have been attacking my marriage and family for years, but I did not see it or understand it, until last year.

Is it possible that you can help me, or point me in a powerful direction to where I can meet with you or someone that can assist me.
Thank you.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟383,673.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Friends,

I am really puzzled about the almost complete absence of a central aspect of Jesus ministry in the Christian world today.

When Jesus broke into the world He immediately demonstrated spiritual authority over powers and principalities that were binding peoples lives with sickness, disease, mental illness, physical deformity, etc. in fact He made a point of sending a message to John the Baptist that these things were happening as evidence that the Kingdom of God was being manifest with Him the awaited Messiah.

These signs were also present in the early church and believers were expectant to see even greater things than those evidenced in the ministry of Jesus.

Today the prevailing world view is that these conditions should not be considered to have a spiritual aspect, a clear denial of the Word of Jesus.

Some folks have even invented a theology to account of the absence of the ministry of Jesus in their midst.

My journey has been quite different. Jesus was my 'childhood hero' and I longed to do what he did. This led to a radical wilderness walk and He allowed me to go down - down - into depravity, in order that I might see first hand His Saving power and authority in my own life.

Being a rebuilt prodigal son, captive for a time by the demonic, I can now clearly see the true nature of the battle.

After seven years of prayer and restoration, and more than five years of constantly reading Scripture I was finally ready to step out with His presence and simply obey His Word to pray for others.

I prayed for a complete stranger in a park who had been in the RCMP drug squad was shot in the legs 11 years back and couldn't walk flat on his feet. Jesus healed this man in a few moments and as he walked up and down praising God and trying out his new walk. I was literally jumping for joy.

I prayed for a boy at a Church meeting who was having grand mal seizures. His parents met me 18 years later to confirm he was fully delivered and healed from that day.

I made a cold call on a Pastor who I had never met - as a complete stranger. As we prayed he slipped to the floor holding his throat pleading for prayer. Jesus showed me how to pray and deal with the spiritual root of his problem. His ministry was transformed as a result.

His spirit urged me to drive urgently to a house in Jerusalem, where I prayed for a lady having a heart attack, her auntie had died of the same symptoms at the same age. She was crying out not to be taken as her children were still young. She was healed in about two minutes. Again her condition had a spiritual root. We followed her progress for some years and there was no relapse.

These are a few of many wonderful incidents of being called to partner with Him that His Glory be seen.

These events do not happen every day - reading Paul one might think he was experiencing such things regularly when in fact his story spans many years.

So I simply want to say that His intent is that our lives have the excitement of seeing Him move. It starts with being completely sold out to Him - not fearing total commitment - but through obedience seeing His order established in our lives. Simply obeying His word, praying for the sick and leaving the results up to Him.

I don't see it as being a special gift - He is the special gift. Where He is, the Kingdom signs are manifest.

With me, these wonderful experiences are generally happening in the world, not in the church.

I am largely unknown but at 72, I need to encourage others that we can partake in His work, it is more than a dream.

Lastly, I am not a flake, my day job is associated with the aerospace industry, I am happily married with 5 children, my wife is special partner with deep faith in Him.

Bless you all,

Carl Emerson.

Just to say I have just reconnected with the lady I prayed for in Jerusalem after 22 years, and she still has diary notes about her interaction with me. She had changed her name to a Jewish equivalent, which is why I lost track of her. I have also found a letter in which she spoke of receiving a medical clearance from the heart condition. She is alive and well and has been very active in ministry.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟383,673.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings Mr. Emerson.

I would like to know more about your methods of helping individuals cast out oppressive spirits.

I have read your responses and testimonies and I believe that you might be able to help me, if you are lead to do so.

I am positive that I have oppressive spirits that need to be cast out, and have been working on doing this for months, and I am still going, and yet, I still feel them.

I have recently accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior, and have been baptized after leaving behind the new age movement and involvement in the occult, which I was a part of for years...

I need help.

I’m not sure how I can reach out to you and how we can speak but I have been searching for someone to help me with this, and I believe that you might be able to assist me.

The entity(ies), I now see, have been attacking my marriage and family for years, but I did not see it or understand it, until last year.

Is it possible that you can help me, or point me in a powerful direction to where I can meet with you or someone that can assist me.
Thank you.

PM me - and we can talk it through...

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟383,673.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just to say I have to report another outstanding response to prayer.

This is fresh news concerning a Member of CF suffering with serious cancer.

I have posted this on another thread but thought it should be here as well.

I have permission to share that I was contacted by a member of CF in the US with cancer about a year ago. PSA 70 prostrate malignancy - tumour too big to operate on. Considerable pain...

So I took time out to pray and indeed felt to curse the cancer.
This was now territory for me, I usually pray while physically with the person.

Next day he reported considerable peace and no pain.
This was the first time in months with no pain.

Over the next few days some pain returned.

Then about a month later he has another biopsy which was confirming 'positive aggressive'

So I took time out and prayed again...

Well he immediately felt better and went for another PSA test.

The results put him into shock - his PSA dropped to 0.02 !!!

This was last Tuesday - Lynpnodes returned to normal size. Prostate smooth.

I have asked for medical records as I like to post these to dispel any doubts.

I am sharing this for encouragement and will release more detail as I can.

God is sooooo. good.

• Prayers
Reactions: Bobber
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I have permission to share that I was contacted by a member of CF in the US with cancer about a year ago. PSA 70 prostrate malignancy - tumour too big to operate on. Considerable pain...

Next day he reported considerable peace and no pain.
This was the first time in months with no pain.

Over the next few days some pain returned.

Then about a month later he has another biopsy which was confirming 'positive aggressive'

So I took time out and prayed again...

Well he immediately felt better and went for another PSA test.

The results put him into shock - his PSA dropped to 0.02 !!!

This was last Tuesday - Lynpnodes returned to normal size. Prostate smooth.

I have asked for medical records as I like to post these to dispel any doubts.

I am sharing this for encouragement and will release more detail as I can.

God is sooooo. good.
Four years ago. I had elevated PSA, benign prostate enlargement. I also suffered kidney stones. I was praying and was led to watch a PBS TV show with Dr. Joel Fuhrman teaching a vegan diet. He was telling about miraculous weight loss and healings after following a plant based diet. I bought his Kindle version book, “Eat to Live.” I followed his instructions and lost 14 lbs, my blood pressure lowered to below 130, my kidney stones disappeared. My next blood test showed lower PSA. I went on to read, “Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease,” by Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn. People with partially blocked arteries were able to see their blockages reduced and coronary artery blood flow increased. He provided images of before and after angiograms of the coronary arteries of those who were healed by changing their diet and exercise.

A couple of weeks ago I got blood pressure readings in the 120’s. This week I got readings in the 130’s and 140’s. I have been diagnosed with arteriosclerosis and calcification in my arteries. I may need to review my books again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Thank you for your testimony Carl.

JOH 12:17 The crowd that had been with him when he called Lazarus out of the tomb and raised him from the dead bore witness. 18 The reason why the crowd went to meet him was that they heard he had done this sign. 19 The Pharisees then said to one another, "You see that you can do nothing; look, the world has gone after him."

Just as the crowds who saw Jesus raise Lazarus from the dead; so also shall the world be drawn and go after those DRAWN FROM the weak and spiritually powerless church of today. But it will be drawn to those who have risen to the "high calling of Christ in us". Yes, it is time for that REMNANT body of "overcomers" to manifest the unchanging ministry of Christ and His unshakable kingdom on earth in our midst. Even those, for whom 'all of creation groaneth for the manifestation of'. Those who will be raised worthy of the full mantle as manifested sons of God.

It is time, for the world to 'go after HIM', for it is only HIS KINGDOM that shall stand in the shaking of ALL the nations in this day. And I am personally feeling led to believe that the last nation standing will also crumble. Only one government can save this world, and it is not a government of man.
A dear sainted 60+ worshiper of God in our local congregation got COVID....bad. After a week her vent levels reached 16. Two ICU nurses from two different hospitals sadly told my sister in law they had never seen anyone ever recover from the disease when the hardening of the lungs had reached that point. Many were praying for her before I even heard of it. Three of us were gathered for an unrelated meeting at the church. One of the brothers, was close to that situation, asked the 3 of us to pray for her. I felt an unction and a "gift of faith" come upon me as I was praying. I demanded that her situation begin turning around "NOW!" It actually shocked me when that word came out of my mouth. I immediately thought; how will I look if she is dead in the morning. Alas, such was not the case. The next morning her levels were down to a miraculous 12, and now they are down to normal 5. In talking with the brother who asked us to pray that night, he said there was a palpable shift in the spiritual atmosphere when I made that bold declaration that night.

Keep on, keeping on, Carl. :clap: God has told me that the anointing I want, will not come from my 'wishing and praying'. It will come from 'my doing'.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟383,673.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I need to post here the confirmation of post #95, the gentleman has replied here on CF as follows.

Blessings in Christ Jesus Carl! Indeed, God is so good. Thank you for this testimony Carl. So that all may know I am the man in this testimony and what Carl says is true. I am thankful for Carl, and the others that prayed for me in a time of need. Indeed my psa number around this time last year was 70.07 and my psa a week or two ago was .0020. And two side by side ct scans ,6 months apart, revealed oversize(swollen) lympnodes to normal size. Also the initial(year ago) rectal exam revealed a tumor to big to operate or treat with radiation. The rectal exam a week or two ago revealed the prostate felt smooth. And yes there was a biopsy done at the beginning confirming malignant cancer. What The Lord said to me during all of this was, "My son, you shall live and not die" All of this during the reality of these circumstances. I have shared this with all who have prayed for me to encourage them and hopefully increase their faith as have been called to do, amungst many other things. Am I cancer free, I do not know. What I do know is The Lord is responsible for the good in this. How this was done I know not. Perhaps in time I will know more. In 5 or 6 months I will get another psa test. How this will go I know not. What I know is I shall live and not die. My time will come when all that He ask of me is finished. When I have finished the race.

God is Sooooooo good !!!!!

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I need to post here the confirmation of post #95, the gentleman has replied here on CF as follows.

God is Sooooooo good !!!!!
Thanks for the update. I have read numerous testimonies of miraculous healings. I went back later using Google to try to find them again and they were gone.

A Jewish man living in a kibbutz in the Golan Heights with his wife was paralyzed from the waist down during back surgery. He used to watch a TV station from Damascus. He learned Arabic to be able to comprehend the programs. He watched the American Christian program, “The 700 Club.” One day the pastor told the audience, “There is someone in the audience paralyzed from the waist down, You will be healed.” The paralyzed man heard it and was healed. He started to preach Jesus. His kibbutz evicted him. He and his wife moved to America or Canada where he became a preacher. I used to search the Israeli Internet English language articles when I toured Israel and may have read it using a hotel WiFi. I am not sure where I read it.

I heard the testimony of a stewardess whose plane crashed into the Potomac River during an ice storm out of National Airport (DCA). She was in the cold water thinking her only chance was if there was a helicopter. Then a helicopter appeared. They threw the life ring to a man near her. He passed it to her. He went under before they could toss it to him again. She thanked God for rescuing her. She told her testimony to a megachurch my friends had invited me to attend that morning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟492,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Dear Friends,

Bless you all,

Carl Emerson.

It is the experience of the Eastern churches (Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, and Assyrian Church of the East) that the gifts you describe are still in evidence. Usually one encounters them among seasoned monastics but also one finds them among gerons or gerondas, also known as staretski “Elders”, who can be laity. It is a tradition in the Orthodox Church for members to seek out an Elder who acts as a spiritual father or mother, who may or may not be their confessor, and who is usually but not necessarily not one of their Godparents, who acts as a guide in the faith, and many saints who have accomplished what you have accomplished have done so in that context.

Upvote 0