✟322,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I will add one more testimony...

About 33 years ago I was engaged to my Wife Sandi and we attended church one evening together. At the end of the service I got a call from a friend - he sounded excited and invited us to share in fellowship with him and a few friends at his home. immediately I felt uneasy for a reason I did not understand. So I mentioned to one of the elders that I was going into a situation that may be problematic and could he pray...

As we drove towards the house I heard the words repeatedly in my mind 'controlling spirit'.
Then I had a clear 'word of knowledge' and said to Sandi - "if we arrive at the house and someone says 'I'm so glad you came... I would really love to pray for you' you will know by this, that the fellowship in the house is under the control of a controlling spirit.

Sure enough we parked the car and we could hear the worship and praise going on inside. So we knocked on the door, the door opened the greeting was 'I'm so glad you came... I would really love to pray for you' By this we knew what was going on - there were brothers and sisters worshiping and falling down - they had 'discerned' that the baby's crib was spiritually unclean and has burned it - all manner of 'ministry' was happening.

So I watched what was happening for a while until the lady who opened the door wanted to 'lay hands' on me. So I gently declined and decided it was time to let the host of the house know what was going on.

I had lent him the book called 'War on the Saints' by Roberts and Penn-Lewis in which they looked back on the Welsh Revival and recorded the ways in which false spirits tried to infiltrate God's work. In the book they mentioned there was a young lady who was a false prophet but no one knew at the time.

So I said to the host - "remember in the book the young lady who was prophetic? I am giving you a choice - come out to the car now and pray with us off the property or I will leave."

So the host came out and sat in the car with us and I said to him that everything happening in there is under the control of a false controlling spirit... To my astonishment the Holy Spirit came upon him and he broke down into weeping repentance.

He was distraught and asked me what shall we do?

Well the Spirit was showing me how to unravel the situation by dealing with the authority structure so I said that he must ask his wife to come out to the car. His wife came out and I said exactly the same words about the controlling spirit. Amazingly she also was strongly touched by the Holy Spirit and was reduced to repentant weeping. What shall we do they asked again and the Lord showed me we needed to ask the husband of the woman who greeted us at the door to come out also.

Well exactly the same result - as I explained the problem - deep weeping repentance.

At this point the next step was to deal with the problem direct and pray for the mans wife. I remember thinking whether or not I should do this but the Lord indicated that the Host and the Husband should simply ask her permission to be prayed for. So they went back inside and prayed and the whole atmosphere changed immediately and peace and order was restored.

Subsequently we learned that the lady had just attended a meeting run by a well known Christian Celebrity in which the attendees were asked to practice deliverance on each-other.

I was very disturbed about this and I am sorry to say it took me two years to have the courage to inform His eldership about what had happened.

Bear in mind I am an unknown entity with no standing in Christian circles.

Thanks for you patience in reading about this. What we know is that He sees all, and cares deeply about our lives. He gives us insight and the gifts to deal with the infiltrations that occur within our fellowship.

Blessings,

Carl Emerson.
I have enjoyed your testimonies Carl. I hope you keep sharing as the Lord leads. It is plain to me that the greatest need to fulfill the great commission is to disciple the nominal church of America. I’ve often argued with a confessed atheist attorney friend about the gospel. He is a brilliant mind and it always ends in a debated stalemate until I share the supernatural testimonies for which his “spirit“ loves, but his hardened soul/mind “grieves-quenches”. He shuts down, only then and changes the subject.

Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Kenyon Ledford

Mar 1, 2019
Parts Unknown
✟15,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't believe miracles are common else it wouldn't have the same effect. Also not all miracles I think are for all to witness, they're meant for certain people. Another is who's to say what's a miracle, it could be something much simpler and plain but means something to someone. My opinion is we shouldn't expect miracles, but I agree we should personally seek God's spirit. In the spirit naturally certain things and situations will come.
I expect miracles each minute of the day and am never disappointed whether I see one or not but most all you see IS a miracle

Upvote 0

david shelby

Mar 14, 2019
USA
✟2,210.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Dear Friends,

I am really puzzled about the almost complete absence of a central aspect of Jesus ministry in the Christian world today.

When Jesus broke into the world He immediately demonstrated spiritual authority over powers and principalities that were binding peoples lives with sickness, disease, mental illness, physical deformity, etc. in fact He made a point of sending a message to John the Baptist that these things were happening as evidence that the Kingdom of God was being manifest with Him the awaited Messiah.

Why are there no demon possessions in the Old Testament? Why do they begin with Jesus' ministry? Just so he could cast them out to impress? Honestly, the most likely answer to the question is they are non-literal embellishments in order to convert superstitious pagans who believed in demons. In fact, the stories of Jesus casting out demons and the demons coming out confessing "We know who you are, Jesus of Nazareth, you are the Christ" would have impressed superstitious pagans who thought demons were truth-telling spirits, but these stories have the opposite effect on a thinking Christian who views demons as lying-spirits, because the thinking Christian will say "Whoa, wait a minute! If demons are saying Jesus is the Christ, does that mean maybe he isn't? Because demons are liars! What can I possibly think about this?" And in this sense we find that a story that was useful in converting the ancient pagan world has actually become counterproductive in keeping Christian youth today Christian. These stories that converted people in the past are deconverting people today. So just ignoring them is the logical thing to do, unless your goal is to deconvert people from Christianity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟383,673.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When Jesus sent out the 12 and the 72 to deal with spiritual bondage in His name it is recorded He saw Satan fall like lightening - indicating His authority that He gave them was defeating spiritual powers binding up peoples lives.

Before Jesus the gifts and authority to do this were not given.

Jesus said to Peter "I give you the keys of the Kingdom that what ever you bind on earth will have been bound in heaven..."

In Mark 16 we read - "and these signs shall accompany those who have believed: in my name they will cast out demons..."

I think Jesus was pretty intellectual and He believed it and so do I...

Blessings,

Carl Emerson.

Upvote 0

david shelby

Mar 14, 2019
USA
✟2,210.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
In Mark 16 we read - "and these signs shall accompany those who have believed: in my name they will cast out demons..."

It also talks about snake-handling and poison-swigging. And its also disputed by scholars massively today, who say that from verse 9 on is not the original ending. Most translations even put a big disclaimer between verse 8 and 9 now: "[The earliest manuscripts and some other ancient witnesses do not have verses 9–20.]"

Upvote 0

david shelby

Mar 14, 2019
USA
✟2,210.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
David we don't need Mark 16 to establish that Jesus cast out demons and we would do even greater works. John 14:12

Blessings,

Carl Emerson.

Are there any accounts of the apostles doing greater works in Acts than what the gospels have Jesus doing?

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lastly a testimony... from someone who has been healed through his ministry.

I live in South Denmark and 5 years ago i had a lot of pain in my right knee, the best doctors in Denmark recommended that i should go for a knee change to get a plastic knee. the pain was horrible. day and night.. and i met Torben he prayed for my knee. and in the name of JESUS i was healed. I am healed in the name of JESUS: and i will always testify.JESUS IS ALIVE:
I loved what he said in the video about the undercover journalists that came to spy on his ministry with hidden microphones ended up getting saved and baptized. lol -- Wow!

Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Why are there no demon possessions in the Old Testament? Why do they begin with Jesus' ministry? Just so he could cast them out to impress? Honestly, the most likely answer to the question is they are non-literal embellishments in order to convert superstitious pagans who believed in demons.
If there were no demonized people then why were there Jewish exorcists?

Acts 19:13 But also some of the Jewish exorcists, who went from place to place, attempted to name over those who had the evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, "I adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preaches."

The book of Jasher is not in the bible, but it was referenced by the bible in the books of Joshua and 2Samuel so it more scriptural than 'your opinion'...in my opinion, of course.

A quote from that book is the following: "Enosh lived ninety years and he begat Cainan; and Cainan grew up and he was forty years old, and he became wise and had knowledge and skill in all (human, earthly) wisdom, and he reigned over all the sons of men, and he led the sons of men to wisdom, and knowledge; for Cainan was a very wise man and had understanding in all wisdom, and with his wisdom he ruled over spirits and demons: (Jasher 2:10-11)

In fact, the stories of Jesus casting out demons and the demons coming out confessing "We know who you are, Jesus of Nazareth, you are the Christ" would have impressed superstitious pagans
I find it sad that the stories of the bible can't 'impress' Christians in matters like these. Having personally experienced such supernatural events, your 'theological view' simply has to take a back seat to my experiential view which is scripturally based.

pagans who thought demons were truth-telling spirits, but these stories have the opposite effect on a thinking Christian who views demons as lying-spirits, because the thinking Christian will say "Whoa, wait a minute! If demons are saying Jesus is the Christ, does that mean maybe he isn't?.
Maybe you don't know as much about demons as you ought.

ACT 16:16 It happened that as we were going to the place of prayer, a slave-girl having a spirit of divination met us, who was bringing her masters much profit by fortune-telling.
17 Following after Paul and us, she kept crying out, saying, "These men are bond-servants of the Most High God, who are proclaiming to you the way of salvation."

Sounds like a demon speaking the truth to deceive even Paul. Which it apparently did because it took a "several days" before he cast it out. Maybe Paul used to believe like you do, for a couple of days? Might be a good time to reconsider your opinion. :idea:

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It also talks about snake-handling and poison-swigging. And its also disputed by scholars massively today, who say that from verse 9 on is not the original ending. Most translations even put a big disclaimer between verse 8 and 9 now: "[The earliest manuscripts and some other ancient witnesses do not have verses 9–20.]"
And yet that disputed section is in every translation....why do you think they don't remove it. I suspect most 'bible translators' are all fundamentalists personally. And it kind of sticks in their craw maybe when their experience can't stand up to scripture....maybe?

Luke 10:19 Behold, I have given you authority to tread upon serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy; and nothing shall hurt you.

Is this verse speaking of physical snakes and arachnids? Only if one interprets scripture literally and not spiritually. Do you really think snakes are the power of the enemy that Jesus is talking about?

That word 'power' BTW is dunnamis in the Greek and is used to supernatural power, like miracles. Do you think snakes and scorpions meet that def.?

GEN 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

And the "dust" spiritual serpents eat is the human dust/flesh from which Adam was made.

I learned there are two serpents with the power of death in the spiritual realm. The python and the viper. The python twists you up inside (we had a sister suffering from occasional vaginal bleeding after lifting something like a book.), and the vipers venom poisons you....(physically, soulishly or both? I don't know...yet). This serpent info was learned from a young Mexican I'd been mentoring who had grown up with an uncle in Mexico who was a Brujo (black witch) in the Santeria (Catholic Mexican type Voodoo). He told me that he learned from his uncle that the "serpent" curses they used, had the power of death but the "scorpion" curses only had to power to torture you. It costs more for a Brujo curse of death on someone, than for a curse of torture. Now this kind of 'power' of the devil makes a lot more sense to me.

Hopefully this post gives you something to think about....spiritually speaking.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now we hear that a brother in Denmark is facing the prospect of legal charges for seeing folks healed through prayer because he doesn't have a medical degree and a licence to practice.
After I watched the video you posted for us I had to know more. There are two movies on his YouTube channel. Here is the first one. This is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Last Reformation - The Beginning (2016) - FULL MOVIE

Upvote 0

david shelby

Mar 14, 2019
USA
✟2,210.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If there were no demonized people then why were there Jewish exorcists?

Are you seriously using the book of Acts as proof of demon possesion in the Old Testament? Seriously bro? Because what I said was there was no demon possession under the Old Testament. And that makes the stories of demon possession in the New Testament (not to mention the Talmud) quite suspicious. Yes, at the time of the New Testament, Jews do seem to have believed in demons. The first book to support the idea, however, is not a canonical Old Testament book by the Jewish or Protestant canons, but one of the books of the Apocrypha, i.e. Tobit. And isn't that suspicious?

The book of Jasher is not in the bible, but it was referenced by the bible in the books of Joshua and 2Samuel

Ok, well, "a" book of Jasher is referenced, but its undoubtedly not the one that passes under that name now, which is essentially just a paraphrase of Josephus. Its very clear what happened was some enterprising business man paraphrased Josephus into Hebrew and sold it as the book of Jasher.

I find it sad that the stories of the bible can't 'impress' Christians in matters like these. Having personally experienced such supernatural events, your 'theological view' simply has to take a back seat to my experiential view which is scripturally based.

Was your experience just a creepy feeling, or you actually see a demon and hear it speak?

ACT 16:16 It happened that as we were going to the place of prayer, a slave-girl having a spirit of divination met us, who was bringing her masters much profit by fortune-telling.
17 Following after Paul and us, she kept crying out, saying, "These men are bond-servants of the Most High God, who are proclaiming to you the way of salvation."

This proves the point I was initially making, i.e. how the superstitious pagans of the time thought that demons were truth-telling spirits, as this story makes it out like demons can tell the future, AND that demons just love telling the truth. Or, should we question Paul's apostleship since its endorsed by a demon? Because as Christians today, we don't believe demons are truth-tellers but liars, so if a demon said that Paul is a servant of God proclaiming the way of salvation, should we believe that he in fact is not? So these stories don't accomplish any longer the purpose for which they were written, when they were written to impress superstitious pagans of that time.

Sounds like a demon speaking the truth to deceive even Paul. Which it apparently did because it took a "several days" before he cast it out. Maybe Paul used to believe like you do, for a couple of days? Might be a good time to reconsider your opinion. :idea:

There's definitely a theological contradiction here with 1 John 4:2, so how do you deal with that?

1 John 4:2 (KJV) "Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:"

So, per the stories of demons confessing Jesus in the gospels, and the story of that demon in Acts following Paul and saying that Paul is teaching the truth, it would follow that demons are the Spirit of God; Is that a conclusion you really want to go with?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Are you seriously using the book of Acts as proof of demon possesion in the Old Testament? Seriously bro?
I absolutely am using THE BIBLE to prove there were Jewish Exorcists at that time. How long they'd been in business is unknown. The scriptures were silent for 400 years before the NT. And you are not proving there weren't with your unsubstantiated opinion, base on scriptural silence. An opinion which you are entitled to, just don't expect me to agree.

Because what I said was there was no demon possession under the Old Testament. And that makes the stories of demon possession in the New Testament (not to mention the Talmud) quite suspicious. Yes, at the time of the New Testament, Jews do seem to have believed in demons. The first book to support the idea, however, is not a canonical Old Testament book by the Jewish or Protestant canons, but one of the books of the Apocrypha, i.e. Tobit. And isn't that suspicious?
I'm going to have to say that my suspicion leans more on scripture than your suposition IMO. ;)

Ok, well, "a" book of Jasher is referenced, but its undoubtedly not the one that passes under that name now, which is essentially just a paraphrase of Josephus. Its very clear what happened was some enterprising business man paraphrased Josephus into Hebrew and sold it as the book of Jasher.
I don't see what you're saying as helping your POV as much as it is helping my POV personally.

Was your experience just a creepy feeling, or you actually see a demon and hear it speak?
Not creepy.......down right frightening actually. The night I received the baptism of the Holy Spirit at age 22, along with 4 others, the band teacher who had ministered it to us had a parting word, before we left his house that night. He said; "You are more of a threat to the kingdom of Satan now than you were before, so expect him to try and take this gift away from you." It was such an incredulous statement to mem I never imagined that it was actually a prophetic word for me. I had spoke in tongues fluently for 15 minutes. That supernatural experience was more impacting in my life than my salvation experience (which was also pretty dramatic compared to most testimonies I've ever heard). That night after getting home and going to the bathroom, standing there doing the guy thing I heard/felt the floor as though someone standing right behind me stomped their foot on the floor. It scared me so bad I was in the middle of spinning around in abject fear, expecting to see the devil himself. In a 'flash' as I was starting to wheel around and 'see him' a 'word' from the Holy Spirit was immediately impressed to me. He said; "FEAR knocked FAITH answered, and nobody was there." I immediately froze, never looking behind me. I took that word serious and turned back to the stool and finished my 'business' all the time saying "no one was there, no one was there if I turn in faith." And when I did, no one was. Now you can say that's not bible. I agree, but that 'spoken word' from the Holy Spirit is 'one' of the first verses in my DIRT translation. DIRT being...D's Inspired Revelation Translation.

This proves the point I was initially making, i.e. how the superstitious pagans of the time thought that demons were truth-telling spirits, as this story makes it out like demons can tell the future, AND that demons just love telling the truth. Or, should we question Paul's apostleship since its endorsed by a demon? Because as Christians today, we don't believe demons are truth-tellers but liars, so if a demon said that Paul is a servant of God proclaiming the way of salvation, should we believe that he in fact is not? So these stories don't accomplish any longer the purpose for which they were written, when they were written to impress superstitious pagans of that time.
I believe demons are doing a much better job of impressing religious churchianity that the devil really isn't real. I talked to a Presbyterian pastor during our ticket taking time together at 'Lion's club pancake day'. He share that he didn't even believe in the devil. Spiritual warfare battle LOST to a 'man of God?'. The Baptist pastor of the church languished in for 4 years until last year told me he wasn't worried about his daughter 'cutting' herself, because "all the kids are doing it, and her cuts are so small they won't even leave a scar." SERIOUSLY???? And who does he think motivated the demoniac of the Gerasenes?

MAR 5:5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.

Spiritual warfare battle LOST by a 'man of God?'...not even being a priest unto his own child. Hosea 4:6

There's definitely a theological contradiction here with 1 John 4:2, so how do you deal with that?

1 John 4:2 (KJV) "Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:"
Not a problem if one knows what that verse is saying 'spiritually' instead of just taking the orthodox theological view. A view which I believe is carnal minded and not spiritual minded in its transliteration as well as its interpretation. :cool:

So, per the stories of demons confessing Jesus in the gospels, and the story of that demon in Acts following Paul and saying that Paul is teaching the truth, it would follow that demons are the Spirit of God; Is that a conclusion you really want to go with?
That isn't the conclusion I start with or come to brother. But then I understand that the word for "confess" there implies a 'covenant' relationship confession. And if you think 'demons crying out' is a salvation confession then I'm going to say, study more.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Jesus asked the question "when the son of man returns, will there be faith on the earth?"

Since people who enter the church come from the world and its education system, the church will inevitably become more and more atheistic as a base when reading the text of the bible as each generation passes.

Even Jesus when a human couldn't do much in a town with unbelief ... so what of a world of unbelief?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Basically, to perform real world impacting miracles like in the early church, the believers individually and the church collectively need to have a faith surpassing the collective unbelief. The Faith required needs to be right quality as well, refer to the bible for the context.

Reactions: Hillsage
Upvote 0

david shelby

Mar 14, 2019
USA
✟2,210.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I absolutely am using THE BIBLE to prove there were Jewish Exorcists at that time.

You're using the New Testament to prove the existence of Jewish exorcists at the time of Jesus' life and the apostles, but I never said people claiming to be exorcists didn't exist at that time. I said there are no demon possessions in the Old Testament.

How long they'd been in business is unknown. The scriptures were silent for 400 years before the NT.

Only true for Protestants who buy the Protestant trick of throwing out several books in 1885 by the British and Foreign Bible Society. Of course, I'm Protestant too, but I know that history and don't buy into its validity. I've read the Apocrypha. As I said, only Tobit has demons, and its the silliest book in the Apocrypha, which I consider to actually be a religious comedy. In none of the serious books do demons occur.

And you are not proving there weren't with your unsubstantiated opinion, base on scriptural silence.

If they were a real issue, especially on the magnitude the New Testament seems to make them, then we would have some stories of Old Testament prophets casting out demons, and yet, we simply don't.

And I should correct this "on the magnitude the New Testament seems to make them" since its only in the gospels, really, with a straggler or two in Acts. Not a word about demon possession in Paul or the general epistles.

The Baptist pastor of the church languished in for 4 years until last year told me he wasn't worried about his daughter 'cutting' herself, because "all the kids are doing it, and her cuts are so small they won't even leave a scar." SERIOUSLY???? And who does he think motivated the demoniac of the Gerasenes?

MAR 5:5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.

It also describes him as having some kind of superhuman strength as a result of his possession (verse 4), such that he can break iron chains. He sounds kinda like the modern dramatization of someone on PCP. So its more likely he was using some kind of drug (a dissociative anesthetic) than demon possessed. Same goes for the daughter of the pastor you mentioned cutting herself, probably on drugs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
You're using the New Testament to prove the existence of Jewish exorcists at the time of Jesus' life and the apostles, but I never said people claiming to be exorcists didn't exist at that time. I said there are no demon possessions in the Old Testament.
Seriously? I provided the NT and the book of Jasher as a historical reference mentioned in 2nd Samuel which was written in 600 BC. That would be the testimony of TWO right? And 2nd Samuel was during the time of the OT right?????

So what are you providing DAVE??? I see nothing STILL but YOUR OPINION, just as I pointed out last time.
Only true for Protestants who buy the Protestant trick of throwing out several books in 1885 by the British and Foreign Bible Society. Of course, I'm Protestant too, but I know that history and don't buy into its validity. I've read the Apocrypha. As I said, only Tobit has demons, and its the silliest book in the Apocrypha, which I consider to actually be a religious comedy. In none of the serious books do demons occur.
Again this point proves nothing concerning where I'm coming from. I don't care about Tobit, that's your luggage to unpack. Doesn't even pertain here IMO.

If they were a real issue, especially on the magnitude the New Testament seems to make them, then we would have some stories of Old Testament prophets casting out demons, and yet, we simply don't.
And your 'litmus' of this needing to be a prophet comes from where? Don't even bother, I don't want to know 'your opinion' on that either.

And I should correct this "on the magnitude the New Testament seems to make them" since its only in the gospels, really, with a straggler or two in Acts. Not a word about demon possession in Paul or the general epistles.
The only thing I see in "magnitude" is your proof contrary to the wimpy straggler words in the four gospels and the book of Acts. HELLO!!!

And your resounding biblical silence in the anything trumps your watered down take on the BIBLE???

It also describes him as having some kind of superhuman strength as a result of his possession (verse 4), such that he can break iron chains. He sounds kinda like the modern dramatization of someone on PCP. So its more likely he was using some kind of drug (a dissociative anesthetic) than demon possessed. Same goes for the daughter of the pastor you mentioned cutting herself, probably on drugs.

Last year I gave a testimony on Spiritual Warfare at a Men's Encounter retreat. Afterwards a brother who looked like 'Arnold the Scwartz' came up to me and wanted to talk. This ATTENDEE shared how they’d moved to our town 6 months earlier and the school had called and said his, never a problem 14 year old, 'who was never a problem in this ‘long time’ Christian family', had no respect for any authority figures. So he was going to talk to her and confront her with the problem. He told her what the school said and she started cussing him out with words that he never even heard. So he reached out and physically grabbed both of her shoulders to get control of her. He said that’s when her eyes turned dark and he said she fought him with such strength that it was all he could physically do to contain her, and it scared him. Did I mention he looked like linebacker? I saw his daughter when we got back from this retreat, and she was tiny next to him? I told him, 'that’ met my definition of manifesting. Maybe if she was dad's age she could have broke chains I don't know. But I do know more experientially than I'm hearing you postulate about.

I'm actually a bit too busy for any more of this, so I'll leave you with your 'opinion'. :wave::wave:

Upvote 0

david shelby

Mar 14, 2019
USA
✟2,210.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Last year I gave a testimony on Spiritual Warfare at a Men's Encounter retreat. Afterwards a brother who looked like 'Arnold the Scwartz' came up to me and wanted to talk. This ATTENDEE shared how they’d moved to our town 6 months earlier and the school had called and said his, never a problem 14 year old, 'who was never a problem in this ‘long time’ Christian family', had no respect for any authority figures. So he was going to talk to her and confront her with the problem. He told her what the school said and she started cussing him out with words that he never even heard. So he reached out and physically grabbed both of her shoulders to get control of her. He said that’s when her eyes turned dark and he said she fought him with such strength that it was all he could physically do to contain her, and it scared him.

Kids these days and their drug habits. Its shameful.

Upvote 0