Is mark of the beast related to trusting in man which could be yourself rather than God?

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟590,411.00
Faith
Christian
I think God wants us to be labourers for His harvest that we can not decide we don’t want to be missionaries if He gives us ability if God gives ability to be missionary then God wills it and you must do that. Other work should not be focus and is only to be done as a means of work to support yourself so that you can focus on God unless God has shown you He wills it if He does not give you ability to preach or it is another talent that God gave for you if He wills you to use it if there is a purpose and need He meant for you to fulfill but if He has not shown you you should not follow it and He does not intend for you to focus on it as a career to be dedicated to it to seek to be rich or put your attention and focus on it but work should only be done to meet needs of yourself and family your daily bread not to worry about tommorow.

Your focus should be on the kingdom that you do everything from God direction that you don’t have a purpose apart from God you have to surrender to God will to do what He shows you to do that He has given you ability to do and to be dependent on Him to guide you as bible say not trust in your own understanding but in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.

Perhaps the other talents a person has is things person has ability to do or learn that he may help mission so you are not making the work the goal but the work is only useful if it helps mission more to produce more increase than without it otherwise your other talents are just what you already have naturally to be able to do now to help labour to make mission more successful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟590,411.00
Faith
Christian
I did think about working pursuing work in my field as a goal in itself to show others that I can be successful but I now believe one can not do that as a Christian.

I believe it is important as Christian not to make work one focus as a goal for sake of enjoyment as a Christians goal is only the kingdom of heaven for if it is as goal then the words of Jesus apply you can not serve God and mammon. Work is only to be done to get money just to provide for needs for Jesus said to seek first the kingdom of God not needing to worry about tommorow if you seek first the kingdom and do just your daily work God will ensure your needs are met in future that He opens doors to provide your future needs. Work should not be itself a goal if it is not as helpful as something else you can do to spread kingdom and it should not be done if it is not shown to you it is very needed and most profitable thing you can do to spread kingdom.

Jesus said in last days it will be as it was in days of Lot where people were buying selling building and planting and got destroyed

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
A person can have dreams to follow something he can do as work to seek to gain a skill so he can always support oneself but it should not be something one is consumed to do just your daily job so you can follow God

If you work for God there is nothing wrong of consuming yourself in it. Altough you need to remember to take care of yourself, so you stay healthy.
Well that’s my opinion anyway.

• Friendly
Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟590,411.00
Faith
Christian
I said it only because I saw a post which said promise yourself whatever happens that you will not give up on your dreams

I thought person is right because other people may need your help financially
but I think I know better I should not please men who don’t understand my path what is more important than ever is preaching the gospel. I believe people should not have other dreams but only work their daily job once you know Christ you have to leave all to serve Him. God uses rich people who did not know Christ before but they can not keep pursuing that lifestyle but gospel needs to be preached.

People should only work for daily job. The bible says godliness with contentment is great gain and having food and clothing with these we shall be content but those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and the love of money is the root of all evil which can make people stray from the faith which they effectively do when it becomes something you pursue when you pursue riches as a goal and not just want money if God wills it to bless and gives if you seek first the kingdom to just do work you have to support yourself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟590,411.00
Faith
Christian
The bible says all whose names are not written in the lamb book of life will receive the mark of the beast. Whoever does not receive the love of God to receive His love and the truth to prefer to believe in what is false or do not want a real relationship with Him if He does not support their beliefs that are unjust to not want to accept other Christians rejecting His love and justice will receive the mark of the beast because they show really they hate Christ for doing what is just offering salvation to all.

It is necessary for people to receive Christ because Christ needed to come to atone for sin and if you don’t believe that you need Christ atonement it is sin and so you must tell people they need Him. As the prophets reveal God would come to provide atonement and they must believe it is Jesus Christ because there is no proof it is not. Christ loved everyone so much when He died on the cross for everyone He just wants people to receive Him as He loved them while one has chance which requires one to obey Him as one is able while one has chance or one can lose one chance to repent to be right with Him.

He loves us so much and calls us to receive Him and follow Him to be called to marriage supper of the lamb which is feast of love to know perfect love of Christ that He never did reject people for not having done all works they did not know but accepts all who followed Him according to knowledge they had what they are aware of that they may require if they believed they were fully following Christ who are sincere in accepting Christ.That’s what I felt when I am in presence of Christ He tells me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wyatt A.

Apr 23, 2022
Baywood-Los Osos
✟31,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
I think you are somewhat on the right track here. Honestly I don’t think that Christ wants us to work secular jobs. I think he wants us to spend our time devoted to ministry and the kingdom. I think that is our ultimate calling as disciples of Jesus Christ. Jesus did not work a job; he did ministry and he is our role model. As a Christian our highest calling is to be a full time minister in the kingdom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wyatt A.

Apr 23, 2022
Baywood-Los Osos
✟31,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Taking the mark of the beast is pleadging your allegiance to the antichrist in the 7 year tribulation. An angel flies through the whole earth warning people not to take it beforehand. After people take it, oozing pussing boils break out on everyone who had received it.

You don't want to be here in the first place. You want to be born again and raptured.

God said we are not appointed to His wrath. During the 7 year tribulation, God pours out his wrath on a Christ rejecting world.

Are the saints appointed to wrath? No.

"For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way." 2 Thess. 2:7

Who is the restrainer? THE HOLY SPIRIT. Where does the Holy Spirit live? In the church, the body of Christ.

"Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord." 1 Thess 4:17

Caught up in the Greek text is harpazo. In Latin its rapturo where we get our word rapture from.

When the church is raptured all hell breaks loose on the earth and the antichrist steps onto the scene with a plan for all the worlds problems, but its not a good one.

You want to be born again so you can be with the Lord. The temporary pleasures of this world are not worth it. He will supply you with everything your need, and more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wyatt A.

Apr 23, 2022
Baywood-Los Osos
✟31,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Jesus was a carpenter. He did not only hang around true believers, He sought out the lost, that's why he came. Not everyone is called to be a minister. Some are construction workers, some are writers. In a perfect world christians would all have perfect jobs but unfortunately its not a perfect world. How would you reach the lost unless you were out there working with them? If everyone was a minister, who would pay the rent for the church where everyone gathers? Who would pay the minister's salary?

• Informative
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟590,411.00
Faith
Christian
I appreciate your showing care to reply but I believe everyone is born again no matter what church if they have accepted Christ truly seeking to follow Him according to what they believe He requires from them if God had not revealed to them personally what they need to do. I believe God would not want me making divisions I do not believe are just because people need Christ and I should not make stumbling block for them by judging.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟590,411.00
Faith
Christian
Jesus was a carpenter. He did not only hang around true believers, He sought out the lost, that's why he came. Not everyone is called to be a minister. Some are construction workers, some are writers. In a perfect world christians would all have perfect jobs but unfortunately its not a perfect world. How would you reach the lost unless you were out there working with them? If everyone was a minister, who would pay the rent for the church where everyone gathers? Who would pay the minister's salary?

I believe not everyone is called to be a minister but everyone is called to preach but to do so in the capacity he can and what is appropriate as that is a talent other talents should be used to help him do that more and you need to use all talents you have at any time and multiply it to gain other talents you can to ensure you are saved on death because if you don’t you may not have opportunity to do the least acceptable to be saved on death which is support those who are are helping with the talents you already have.

Edit: I believe actually I should not speak for God talents that you have now may need to be used to do anything you can now to have multiplied what you had initially been given but if you can’t to atleast support those who have or you may not get opportunity to repent to atleast call on God now to be saved doing all you are able to do since calling without which you can not ever go to heaven if you don’t have opportunity to repent as I explain here.

Thoughts on the danger of trusting in riches

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wyatt A.

Apr 23, 2022
Baywood-Los Osos
✟31,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
I believe not everyone is called to be a minister but everyone is called to preach but to do so in the capacity he can and what is appropriate as that is a talent other talents should be used to help him do that more and you need to use all talents you have at any time and multiply it to gain other talents you can to ensure you are saved on death because if you don’t you may not have opportunity to do the least acceptable to be saved on death which is support those who are are helping with the talents you already have.

Mike what do you do for a living?

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟590,411.00
Faith
Christian
It is private I am doing some work related to family business but I studied electrical engineering but never worked in it because I was not confident of my skills yet to get the job I wanted for people to be willing to train me and I thought if I work for myself it would be better not to waste my time if I get fired if I struggle working for a company which believes I am not good candidate for job. I have plans of working in another business just for myself but I am considering working in electrical engineering if I have chance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟590,411.00
Faith
Christian
I see now I do not believe mark of the beast is related to believing you have any part in saving yourself but about not receiving a mark on right hand or forehead or could be about taking part in worship of anything that deny Christ or that you need Him that antichrist makes without which you won’t be able to buy or sell but it is wrong also to trust personally in one own works to make you worthy of salvation even if you believed it is necessary still to do though you don’t personally believe your works make you worthy to deserve salvation even if you believe as though they are good enough in themselves to justify not to need Christ though bible does not teach works are needed if you can’t do but still alive to repent for it says he who does not work but believes on him who justifies the ungodly his faith is counted as righteousness .

It is not wrong to seek to gain skills to get through difficult times that as long as you know that without God you would not be able to find any escape that He has provided the ability to prepare to be able to save you and also in future help others with skills you learn to show them then you are not believing in your own self sufficient power that you can also save yourself without God for also such preparation will not be sufficient to save you also without also accepting Christ and depending on Him to keep you faithful to be preserved from trial if you can escape or faithful not to submit if there is no escape or if you did not prepare He provides ability to endure though will be harder you have to suffer more to go through harder tribulation.

I am not sure though during that time that people are free to have any possesions so I don’t see why people seek to stockpile food but I believe if you learn skills to survive on things that God allows to remain on earth for survival I thought it might help such as getting water from snow or eating honey from plant

Last edited:
Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Revelation chapter 13, mark of beast is being deceived by antichrist lies and deception. Lack of knowledge. Second thessalonians chapter 2, God is sending strong delusions on those who love not the truth. Lot of priests and pastors have failed in their capacity to nourish their flocks. Its constant milk. No meat. Traditions of men strips the armory off Christian people. Amos chapter 8, were in time of famine. It's hearing God's truth. Revelation chapter 7, you either have seal of God or mark of beast. Sadly, the majority are biblically illiterate. Ephesians chapter 6, you need gospel armour on. Satan as antichrist will come near future. Majority will worship antichrist and go to sheol. It's holding place for the spirtualty dead or wicked. Luke chapter 16, Richman and Lazarus, two sides of gulf. Paradise and sheol, called hell.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I think you are somewhat on the right track here. Honestly I don’t think that Christ wants us to work secular jobs. I think he wants us to spend our time devoted to ministry and the kingdom. I think that is our ultimate calling as disciples of Jesus Christ. Jesus did not work a job; he did ministry and he is our role model. As a Christian our highest calling is to be a full time minister in the kingdom.
Complete rubbish. And unbiblical. Paul worked to support himself. If it was good enough for him, it is good enough for everyone. Not everyone is called to support ministries. And if everyone is full time, who pays their wage?
2 Thessalonians 3
6Now we command you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, to keep away from any brother who leads an undisciplined life that is not in keeping with the tradition you received from us. 7For you yourselves know how you ought to imitate us, because we were not undisciplined among you, 8nor did we eat anyone’s food without paying for it. Instead, in labor and toil, we worked night and day so that we would not be a burden to any of you. 9Not that we lack this right, but we wanted to offer ourselves as an example for you to imitate. 10For even while we were with you, we gave you this command: “If anyone is unwilling to work, he shall not eat.”

11Yet we hear that some of you are leading undisciplined lives and accomplishing nothing but being busybodies. 12We command and urge such people by our Lord Jesus Christ to begin working quietly to earn their own living. 13But as for you, brothers, do not grow weary in well-doing.

14Take note of anyone who does not obey the instructions we have given in this letter. Do not associate with him, so that he may be ashamed. 15Yet do not regard him as an enemy, but warn him as a brother.

Upvote 0