In heaven, will we be without sexual desire...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟964,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The meaning of the interpretation of Genesis 6:4 is up to debate. There's not much wiggle room with "At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven."

When proposition A is clear and proposition B is already debatable, the question is whether there is a problem with the understanding of proposition B.

Jesus very clear words is cause to go with the interpreters who believe "sons of God" refers either to earthly kings or to the lineage of Seth...something other than angels.

Yes, but can; (are they, (angels) or angelic bodies) capable of sexual desire?, If so, what other desires that we consider are limited to the carnal, fleshly, "desires" are they (angelic beings) capable of?

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The above posts refer to sexual desire as a lust equivalent to greed, hunger, and pride, and a bondage to carnal desire. To me these are troubling views.

Sexual desire is a gift from God. It can be perverted into a consuming lust fueled by sin but that isn't God's original intent. In Genesis 2 it says "the man said, "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man." For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed." This is hardly lust! It speaks of a spiritual joining of two people with a carnal desire that has no shame.

When we are resurrected I believe that we will have the same relation to each other as Adam and Eve had before the fall. That's my belief, but it's impossible to say with certainty what it will be like.

Excellent point!

God clearly defines marriage as a physical bond between a man and woman and that that particular pairing is one that is without shame. All other combinations truly are just lust.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟964,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, but can; (are they, (angels) or angelic bodies) capable of sexual desire?, If so, what other desires that we consider are limited to the carnal, fleshly, "desires" are they (angelic beings) capable of?

I know we all "dream" of a day when we are resurrected to angelic bodies, said to "be free" from fleshly, carnal desires, but if we were created in the image and likeness of God and angels, then wouldn't they (the angels) be faced with the same base desires and emotions that we are (faced with)?

Wouldn't the angels have to make a conscious "choice" against wicked, evil desires, the same as we would (do) (have to)?

Their wouldn't be any "free will" for the angels if all the fleshly, base desires were wisked away with some kind of magic wand, they would be automatons, with no choice, and no free will, if they weren't faced with the chance (choice) to do wrong, right?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The above posts refer to sexual desire as a lust equivalent to greed, hunger, and pride, and a bondage to carnal desire. To me these are troubling views.

Sexual desire is a gift from God. It can be perverted into a consuming lust fueled by sin but that isn't God's original intent. In Genesis 2 it says "the man said, "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man." For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh. And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed." This is hardly lust! It speaks of a spiritual joining of two people with a carnal desire that has no shame.

When we are resurrected I believe that we will have the same relation to each other as Adam and Eve had before the fall. That's my belief, but it's impossible to say with certainty what it will be like.

its not impossible.
we will not be flesh and blood ..thats simple and clear.
with no need of procreation and no marriage.
thus no sexual desire.

observe a room full of 3 yr olds... do they have sexual desire..dont be silly, and we shall be restored to an innocence even greater then that.
it is the very reason god clothes us in a new incorruptible body.
we wont be running around heaven copulating outside of marriage ...breaking gods moral absolutes.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, I have. And you are using it so far out of context that I have to assume that you are joking. That "passion" comes from the Greek word for "to suffer".

I agree with you 110%

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,486,916.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Jesus' direct and clear statement ends the debate. That means Genesis must be interpreted in the alternate ways that indicate "Sons of God" indicates something other than angels.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,486,916.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know we all "dream" of a day when we are resurrected to angelic bodies, said to "be free" from fleshly, carnal desires, but if we were created in the image and likeness of God and angels, then wouldn't they (the angels) be faced with the same base desires and emotions that we are (faced with)?

Where does it say we were created in the image and likeness of angels? Or where does it say that angels were created in the image of God?

Wouldn't the angels have to make a conscious "choice" against wicked, evil desires, the same as we would (do) (have to)?

Their wouldn't be any "free will" for the angels if all the fleshly, base desires were wisked away with some kind of magic wand, they would be automatons, with no choice, and no free will, if they weren't faced with the chance (choice) to do wrong, right?

God Bless!

Where does scripture say anything about "free will?"

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟964,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Where does it say we were created in the image and likeness of angels? Or where does it say that angels were created in the image of God?

Where does scripture say anything about "free will?"

To the first "let: "US" make man in "OUR" own image and likeness"

Free will is assumed, choice is assumed, otherwise we'd be no better than automatons or robots, and I don't think God intended to create automatons, when he created us...

What's the reason for creating and putting the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the garden and the command not to eat from it, if we weren't intended to have free will or choice?

But were getting off topic, so, from your previous post, to you, the "Sons of God" are not the same as angels then?

I'm confused

God Bless!

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
did no one look up flesh and bone. (vs flesh and blood) in the New Testament. ???!!!
(it is not a 'quick search'; with Yhvh's help though, perhaps a few days or weeks.... yet maybe months or years as Yhvh sees what's best).

Adam and Chavah had no sinful thoughts about sex before the fall.

Yhvh's hosts and chorus of angels don't have sexual urges nor any other sinful thoughts (as differentiated from the enemies (fallen) of Yahshua which always have sinful thoughts, lies, killing, stealing, etc)

the answers are simple and clear for those completely immersed in Yahshua's Name and Life, depending all the time on Yhvh for every gift of Life and Salvation.
not as fast as expected, but perfect and clear.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟964,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
did no one look up flesh and bone. (vs flesh and blood) in the New Testament. ???!!!
(it is not a 'quick search'; with Yhvh's help though, perhaps a few days or weeks.... yet maybe months or years as Yhvh sees what's best).

Adam and Chavah had no sinful thoughts about sex before the fall.

Yhvh's hosts and chorus of angels don't have sexual urges nor any other sinful thoughts (as differentiated from the enemies (fallen) of Yahshua which always have sinful thoughts, lies, killing, stealing, etc)

the answers are simple and clear for those completely immersed in Yahshua's Name and Life, depending all the time on Yhvh for every gift of Life and Salvation.
not as fast as expected, but perfect and clear.

The fallen angels, were holy angels once, and they developed sexual urges for the daughters of men, so what differentiated the Holy angels who fell, from the ones that did not?

Did not God create them both?, with the full knowledge of the future outcome of their choices... Did not God create them to fall (the ones who fell) And did/does not God still use them anyway...? One vessel for an honorable use, another for a dishonorable use?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

O mountains

Apr 2, 2014
earth
✟13,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's impossible for the sin of Pre-marital Sex to occur to because there won't be any marriage in heaven. So the concept of pre-marital sex will lose all relevancy or importance in heaven. I also remember reading somewhere where it said we'd have male/female parts so we might be using them. Also said our hearts desires would be fulfilled.

Honestly, It really doesn't matter because there will probably be things 100,000 x more intense and intimate in heaven. Perhaps, Whole-body orgasmic stimulations. The idea of being in eternal joyful paradise with god for eternity blows 30 minutes of primal passion out of the water anyway. Don't worry, God will hook us up.

Upvote 0

James Is Back

CF's Official Locksmith
Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma
✟32,480.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I wouldn't care less if there was sex in heaven or not but I don't see the reason why. God created sex for procreation reasons and made it pleasurable so we can enjoy it between two people under matrimony through intimacy and love. How can that exist in heaven especially if and that's if we no longer have sex organs with the new bodies that will be given?

The only thing I care about is being surrounded by the Godhead's love and the joy,happiness and love that will be abound in the new Kingdom. With no more pain,hatred,sin and sorrow to get in the way of that love,joy and happiness. That should be the prize people should care about not whether or not sex will exist in the new Kingdom.

Upvote 0

O mountains

Apr 2, 2014
earth
✟13,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't care less if there was sex in heaven or not but I don't see the reason why. God created sex for procreation reasons and made it pleasurable so we can enjoy it between two people under matrimony through intimacy and love. How can that exist in heaven especially if and that's if we no longer have sex organs with the new bodies that will be given?

The only thing I care about is being surrounded by the Godhead's love and the joy,happiness and love that will be abound in the new Kingdom. With no more pain,hatred,sin and sorrow to get in the way of that love,joy and happiness. That should be the prize people should care about not whether or not sex will exist in the new Kingdom.

We will have have sexual bodily parts in heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

O mountains

Apr 2, 2014
earth
✟13,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I see silence on that issue in scripture.

-Jesus kept his gender
-we will be like angels, who lusted after women and impregnated them. There also seems to be references of female angels:
“Then I lifted up my eyes and saw, and behold, two women coming forward! And the wind was in their wings like the wings of a stork and they lifted up the ephah between earth and heaven”.

I remember reading a verse, where it states specifically that our genders would remain unchanged, if i find it i'll bring it up.

Upvote 0

O mountains

Apr 2, 2014
earth
✟13,405.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And he's Agnostic. How can an Agnostic know what's going to happen in heaven?

Because he reads the bible....? That's an awfully unwelcoming response, and Btw i'm non-denominational, just too lazy too change the stat.

Upvote 0