In heaven, will we be without sexual desire...?

Akjv

Feb 11, 2023
Lexington
✟20,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟218,054.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'd say this is one of those unanswerable questions. I think it's safe to say whatever the next world will be like compared to what could be called pleasures in this time will be nothing compared to what we're heading for. If there's nothing about what you asked about in this thread don't worry. You won't miss it one bit.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟218,054.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I do not expect that we will spend all our time lollygagging in Heaven singing hymns. I expect Heaven will be a headquarters, and most of our time will be "out there" among the trillions of galaxies, where the petty physical urges we think are so essential to satisfy in this life--so petty they are confined within a mere sack of meat--won't even be remembered among the glories to come.
I've thought about that for a lot of years.....the part where you say we might be out there....among the galaxies. We know that God's original mandate was for Adam and Eve to replenish the earth and subdue it. The whole earth was NOT like the garden of Eden. That was their beginning point. So.....what would have happened if they didn't sin.....they would have replenished the earth and made it like the Garden of Eden.....increasing in population.....but then what???

I would think there had to be a Stage Two.....the earth is replenished and made beautiful......it was made not all wonderful to begin with to give Adam and Eve goals, which would give them a sense of achievement when they would be accomplished.......but then what? Assuming they never sinned would it have been OK now look up to the stars....billions of galaxies and worlds to make like the earth. It's an interesting thought.

Upvote 0