In heaven, will we be without sexual desire...?

Yes its possible...but how does a God worshiper having children with a idol worshiper make ak mighty man or man of renown or for that matter a giant?

If you are coming from an evolutionary background than this would be confusing. But those who are familiar the wealth of creation evidence that is out now know that everything was bigger prior to the flood not just people. So when the bible says there were giants in the earth it does not mean there were some here and some there. It means everyone was giant especially compared to people today. How do you think they lived to be 8 and 9 hundred years old? They obviously had something back then that we don't have today.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"like angels in heaven" refers to angels not being married. There is no reference to our being asexual. Marriage is part of our created existence. Whatever we are in the new earth we will be transformed physically, but not as utterly new kinds of beings but further developed existing ones, which is what Paul seems to suggest in 1 Cor 15 - a seed is planted and grows, from all its potential hidden inside of it. But a corn seed always produces corn, never a cabbage.

John
NZ

and we..made one,the church,the bride are married in eternal union to the lamb of God..
to sex ,would be adultery .
the reference to seed does nothing to convince me we would have sexual desire.
Gods angels don't run around being male and female and having sex.there is no scripture to support that line of thought.
and we will be made as they are..we will not have flesh and blood bodies made from this temporal earth and realm..but spiritual incorruptible bodies made by God in his eternal spiritual realm.

Reactions: ron4shua
Upvote 0

ArtlicBunny

Oct 5, 2014
✟7,638.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
a) A terrible confusion of biblical terms. So Jesus did not have a physical body post resurrection? His wounds that Thomas touched were only some kind of illusion? And the firstfruit that Jesus was according to Paul we not really a first fruit at all? His post resurrection body walked, talked, ate fish. taught and showed all the signs of crucifixion without being a real body?

Flesh DOES NOT mean our physical existence when made in contrast to life in the Spirit. That is pure Greek dualism.

Pure = without stain or corruption, not some physical contamination.

John
NZ

I apologize.

I don't see the urge of sex in Heaven just because Jesus had a physical body at one point and went up to Heaven with it. Unlike him, we all die leave our bodies on Earth. The one thing I learned is that the Holy Spirit don't make you go thinking about sex when its upon you. When people are thinking about sex, they are often thinking about pleasure, and not children. Does God need us to make more children up in heaven? I don't know. It be kind of strange calling it paradise while still putting up with birth pain. It wouldn't make sense to me, and would He just allow you to just have sex for pleasure? And lets remember not everyone goes to heaven on Earth.. (Meaning your husband or your wife might not be up there with you.) I mean its all very questionable, but to me I just highly doubt it. We'd be so fulfilled with the holy spirit or within God's presence that sexual urges are probably not even going to come by in my opinion. :sorry:

Upvote 0

ron4shua

" ... each in our own order " , Hallelu-YAH .
Aug 3, 2014
Sacramento valley
Visit site
✟20,007.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Greetings Saints , sinners , boys & girls . Sitdown & Buckle up .

THE WORD our Master used " angel " is translated to english as ;

Strong's 32

32 // aggelov // aggelos // ang'-el-os //
from aggello [probably derived from 71 , cf 34 ] (to bring tidings);
TDNT - 1:74,12; n m
AV - angel 179, messenger 7; 186
1) a messenger, envoy, one who is sent, an angel, a messenger
from God

Vine's

<1,,32,angelos>
"a messenger" (from angello, "to deliver a message"), sent whether by God or by man or by Satan, "is also used of a guardian or representative in Rev. 1:20, cp. Matt. 18:10; Acts 12:15 (where it is better understood as = 'ghost'), superior to man, Heb. 2:7; Ps. 8:5, belonging to Heaven, Matt. 24:36; Mark 12:25, and to God, Luke 12:8, and engaged in His service, Ps. 103:20. "Angels" are spirits, Heb. 1:14, i.e., they have not material bodies as men have; they are either human in form, or can assume the human form when necessary, cp. Luke 24:4, with Luke 24:23, Acts 10:3 with Acts 10:30.
"They are called 'holy' in Mark 8:38, and 'elect,' 1 Tim. 5:21, in contrast with some of their original number, Matt. 25:41, who 'sinned,' 2 Pet. 2:4, 'left their proper habitation,' Jude 1:6, oiketerion, a word which occurs again, in the NT, only in 2 Cor. 5:2. Angels are always spoken of in the masculine gender, the feminine form of the word does not occur."* [* From Notes on Thessalonians, by Hogg and Vine, p. 229.]
Note: Isangelos, "equal to the angels," occurs in Luke 20:36.

SO folks, you know & understand how our Creator holds same gender or animal spooning of ANY KIND . You be the judge sex as married man & woman ?

The servant ron .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The scripture doesn't say whether there will be sex in Heaven or not. It does say there will be no marriage, and that we will be like the Angels of God in Heaven. Jesus didn't, however, tell us what that would be like. I don't think it is wise to speculate about it, really.

I don't really have an opinion on it; I'm more interested in what your relationship with your earthly wife will be like in Heaven. If the special love that you have will become like everyone else or whether it will remain special and exclusive.

In any case, I think some of us are expecting Heaven to be a paradise which is an extension of our life here on Earth. I take what the scripture says as literal and don't have that kind of expectation:

1 Corinthians 2:9

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Upvote 0

ron4shua

" ... each in our own order " , Hallelu-YAH .
Aug 3, 2014
Sacramento valley
Visit site
✟20,007.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Greetings Brother Foozy & all the Saints .
So what body did Jesus have when he appeared to John in the Revelation? His eyes were like lamps of fire and his skin like burning bronze and his face like the sun at full strength. He didn't look this way immediately after his resurrection. Do you think it was the same body?
Our Master presented His BEING to John to fit his " in the Spirit " perception of what he should see in his abstract condition . From the resurrection to His ascension the same " being manifested to all what they expected .

18 And the Lord appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
2 And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him:

Same BEING .

24 And Jacob is left alone, and one wrestleth with him till the ascending of the dawn;
28 And he saith, `Thy name is no more called Jacob, but Israel; for thou hast been a prince with God and with men, and dost prevail.'

Same Being .

24 yea, he casteth out the man, and causeth to dwell at the east of the garden of Eden the cherubs and the flame of the sword which is turning itself round to guard the way of the tree of life.
Same Bring .

The ONE SPIRIT .

The servant ron .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟97,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
So what body did Jesus have when he appeared to John in the Revelation? His eyes were like lamps of fire and his skin like burning bronze and his face like the sun at full strength. He didn't look this way immediately after his resurrection. Do you think it was the same body?

That was imagery descriptive of Jesus in Rev 2:18, not an actual physical description, as Son of God, which is different from his other post incarnation title of Son of Man.

Earlier we read pf Jesus as Son of Man:
Rev 1:12-16 I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and among the lampstands was someone "like a son of man," dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. 14 His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15 His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. 16 In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance. NIV

I imagine you don't see Jesus as having a sword such as John stated. Revelation uses imagery extensively as representative of something, not descriptive.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
at times light hearted sarcasm goes whooosh... doesnt land..^_^

I detected the sarcasm, but also noted that it was just apoor attempt to deflect attention from the real question: what would we do with sexual desire in heaven?

I covered the two scenarios: will we only have sex with our partners from earth, or will we have sex with different people?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,488,602.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"like angels in heaven" refers to angels not being married. There is no reference to our being asexual. Marriage is part of our created existence. Whatever we are in the new earth we will be transformed physically, but not as utterly new kinds of beings but further developed existing ones, which is what Paul seems to suggest in 1 Cor 15 - a seed is planted and grows, from all its potential hidden inside of it. But a corn seed always produces corn, never a cabbage.

John
NZ

You then must find a reference in scripture where acceptable sexuality exists anywhere outside of marriage: A man and a woman bound together as one flesh. Otherwise, "no marriage" means "no sexuality."

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I detected the sarcasm, but also noted that it was just apoor attempt to deflect attention from the real question: what would we do with sexual desire in heaven?

I covered the two scenarios: will we only have sex with our partners from earth, or will we have sex with different people?

neither ^_^ we wont be flesh and blood but a new creature in christ.. our first marital covenant ends at death our next one is to be made all as one and be eternally wed to the lamb of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
neither ^_^ we wont be flesh and blood but a new creature in christ.. our first marital covenant ends at death our next one is to be made all as one and be eternally wed to the lamb of God.

I agree.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For those who never get to in this life, Heaven being no different sounds like they'll just be ripped off, IMO.

beware the falsehood abstinence loses you anything... for such temporal things cannot compare to the glories of heaven...
the serpent used just such a lie to tempt eve..making her think she was missing out.. it was a deception ,an absolute lie.

and i caution you... be VERY CAREFUL ..think before you imply the most high God is unjust and would "rip people off" .such words are great folly.

Upvote 0

AntiVillain

Jul 20, 2014
✟152,555.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
beware the falsehood abstinence loses you anything... for such temporal things cannot compare to the glories of heaven...
the serpent used just such a lie to tempt eve..making her think she was missing out.. it was a deception ,an absolute lie.

and i caution you... be VERY CAREFUL ..think before you imply the most high God is unjust and would "rip people off" .such words are great folly.

I said "sounds like," not "is."

And judge not, lest you be judged.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
some people desire to be with the lord..for heaven is his presence and nothing else will do.

some people desire haven on earth,so they can have both?

some people desire earth in heaven,for they desire that which is carnal may not end.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,488,602.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For those who never get to in this life, Heaven being no different just sounds like a ripoff, IMO.

However, as it is written: "What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived" -- the things God has prepared for those who love him. -- 1 Corinthians 2

As most women will tell you, there are better things than sex even in this world...how much more in the time to come.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
However, as it is written: "What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived" -- the things God has prepared for those who love him. -- 1 Corinthians 2

As most women will tell you, there are better things than sex even in this world...how much more in the time to come.

Most women? Have you taken a poll or are you just classifying all women by your own personal judgment? In either case I think you are dead wrong. Women are individuals and each has her own way of looking at life. Spare us the sexism please.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,488,602.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Most women? Have you taken a poll or are you just classifying all women by your own personal judgment? In either case I think you are dead wrong. Women are individuals and each has her own way of looking at life. Spare us the sexism please.

I've taken a poll. "Is there anything more satisfying to you than sex?"

Last edited:
Upvote 0