• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

im ashamed

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Keep your chin up, angel. BlondieLashes will be able to help you with a lot of practical advice, as well as spiritual advice. I saw Catherine Ann has also volunteered to help you, as well. You have two wonderful people in your corner.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
even tho i am forced to do this type of work i am ashamed and feel dirty disgusting but i dont know if i can live in real world this is all ive known this has always been my world i dont know who i am im who they say for me to be :confused:

It is always dangerous to diagnose by internet, so I will not attempt to tell you about you. I will tell you about me instead; I don't talk about this much because it is not easy, but it seems right to try.

I was abused from a very young age; mostly neglect and emotional abuse, some physical. The details really don't matter all that much; what matters is the effect.

What happened is that I split into different people; more precisely, I broke into bits of me. If I could not cope with what happened I split in two, disappeared and left the new bit to cope with what I could not. I don't know how many bits there are, but there are several. Put them all together and I would be one whole person; as it is I am bits of a person.

All these years later the result is that I often do not know who I am. I can be fine one moment, and the next moment not know my name, where I am or why I am there. This is known as a dissociative disorder, and it is a common result of childhood abuse over a prolonged time.

I have read your posts, and something in them resonates with something that I experience. Your posts indicate to me that you may well be as I am; fragmented.

Do you have times when you do not even know your name? Times when you feel yourself to be 5 years old, and other times when you feel you are 8 or 9, or no age at all? If so there is no wonder at all that you find it difficult to cope or to find a way out of your situation. If that happens then I can help you find a way forward.

The main thing is that you are no longer alone in all of this.

God be with you, Angel.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Yes I do have times like that I black out can't rember how I got somewhere or where I am people I know but don't remember etc I'm confused

That's the one, Angel.

:hug:

So the next question is, what do we do about this? Do you have access to a doctor?

And the next thing is to realise that you are not alone; there are lots of us. We are not mad; we are perfectly normal people who have experienced abnormal stress from a very young age, and found a way to survive. What distinguishes us is that we are very good at surviving! So now we have to find a way to carry on surviving, and perhaps add a little quality of life as well.

You will find some others here, and some information to help you make some choices. This is a UK site, but the information will be relevant wherever you live. Take some time to read about this, and to work out whether it fits your experience or not.

Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors - help and support for Dissociative Identity Disorder

And then when you have read some of this, we can talk some more about how you can learn to be stronger. I am still learning myself, so we can do this together.

God be with you.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
No access to doctors or a friend or good family just alone

I hope we can change that before too long.

Meanwhile, how secure are your internet communications?

If you are online from home, can anyone track what you are saying? If you know how to clear the history trail on your computer, then try to make sure you do that every time you come online. And make sure you never give your location or your real name in public. PM is fine, but never on the main forum.

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
That's the one, Angel.

:hug:

So the next question is, what do we do about this? Do you have access to a doctor?

And the next thing is to realise that you are not alone; there are lots of us. We are not mad; we are perfectly normal people who have experienced abnormal stress from a very young age, and found a way to survive. What distinguishes us is that we are very good at surviving! So now we have to find a way to carry on surviving, and perhaps add a little quality of life as well.

You will find some others here, and some information to help you make some choices. This is a UK site, but the information will be relevant wherever you live. Take some time to read about this, and to work out whether it fits your experience or not.

Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors - help and support for Dissociative Identity Disorder

And then when you have read some of this, we can talk some more about how you can learn to be stronger. I am still learning myself, so we can do this together.

God be with you.

Truly, a meeting-place of angels! I feel like Jacob when he woke up and saw the ladder to heaven, with the angels ascending and descending.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
((((((((((angel jazz)))))))))))))
I suffer from disisciative disorder too, due to a lot of abuse in the past.
It can be scary losing chunks of time - but it's the way your mind has survived all you have been through. You are a very strong woman, sweetie - I know you don't feel it at the moment, but you really are.
Praying that you find help and a way out very soon, sister :hug:

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
((((((((((angel jazz)))))))))))))
I suffer from disisciative disorder too, due to a lot of abuse in the past.
It can be scary losing chunks of time - but it's the way your mind has survived all you have been through. You are a very strong woman, sweetie - I know you don't feel it at the moment, but you really are.
Praying that you find help and a way out very soon, sister :hug:

I am not sure why I had not made that connection, Criada. It is nice to know that such a good friend understands. That helps. :hug:

Upvote 0

hammer123

Jan 10, 2013
✟15,360.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
even tho i am forced to do this type of work i am ashamed and feel dirty disgusting but i dont know if i can live in real world this is all ive known this has always been my world i dont know who i am im who they say for me to be :confused:

Is a pimp controlling you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums