• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

im ashamed

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
Standing right behind you! ;)
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Angel! Posting here is brave and I will be here for you if you need to vent or chat. I have seen some of your other posts and it's apparent you have been sexually abused for a very long time. I am so sorry! NO ONE deserves that! You are NOT dirty and disgusting! In God's eyes you are precious, valued and loved!

I was sexually abused from a young age too. I lived in the sex industry for years. If I can get out and "live" in the "real world" so can you. I"ll admit it's sometimes still really hard, but I wouldn't go back to that lifestyle for anything.

Are you still being forced to be in the industry? I guess what I am asking is if you have a pimp of any kind...

Love to you. We are here for you.

Upvote 0

hope4today

Veteran
May 6, 2005
Perth
✟11,928.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Angel,

I just want to say that you are not dirty or disgusting despite how you may feel. As Blondie Lashes has said you are precious and valuable and loved by God and by us too. You are a beautiful woman who has been taken advantage of when you should have been loved and cherished.

I pray that you will begin to see the beauty and worth of yourself as God sees you. And I pray that you will find a way out of this abuse too. I know God can help you and you can be free to be who you really are and not who others demand you to be.

Praying for you and sending gentle hugs from my heart your way :hug:

Hope

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
Standing right behind you! ;)
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My heart breaks for you angel. I know you have mentioned that you are a new Christian and I just want to tell you that in God's eyes you are "white as snow" meaning you are not dirty, but pure and beautiful! Jesus paid the price for us and you have nothing to be ashamed of. You have survived so much and are really so strong. I just wish you could see that. I remember you in my prayers and if you need anything please send me a message. Much love to you!

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
angel jazz, feeling dirty is difficult to handle, because no matter how pure and chaste you are in mind and body, there are people out there who will always want you to feel dirty.

That's the hard part. The good part is that you and God know the truth. Christ could not have proved his goodness more totally, yet there were people who killed him and others who bayed at him and mocked him as he died. Remember he'd thrown all his captors to the ground for a brief spell, yet still they continued with their evil unabated.

The well-spring, the actual source of the cruelty of Jesus' crucifixion was the hatred of human beings. The apostles, we are told, were looked upon as the scum of the earth. So, you're just playing a hero's role at the moment in this spiritual warfare that's going on all around us. You're doing what you are doing now, only from fear, in a 'devil take the hindmost' society.

It's not only human beings, either. Indeed, we are also told that it is the Principalities and Powers, the falled angels, not flesh and blood we are actually fighting, so presumably they're the inspiration of bad behaviour in us, as well as false feelings of guilt. One of the names the Devil is known by is The Accuser.

I get it every day from our security services, but I'm lucky as they could be a whole lot worse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.