Identity politics at its core

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟574,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is inevitable. The gates are wide open now. You can not only identify as anything you want, but you, apparently, can demand that everyone else address you as such. A cat. A cow. Even races and species other than your birth. I suspect black people can identify as white, but for some reason, it will be wrong to go the other way. We have already see aged men identifying as little girls diapers and all. What about inanimate objects? You could identify as a table or a loaf of bread. Why not? No, you are right. It is getting insane—just one more sign of the end of this culture and civilization as we know it. And there are many who will both deny this is actually happening, and at the same time support those who do it.
You have heard it. We are all racial conspiracy theorists. May as well just get some popcorn (mine with butter please) and sit back and watch the clown world and all its clowns go mad.

Reactions: Sir Joseph
Upvote 0

Bradskii

I have become comfortably numb.
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟261,181.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
LOL... see what I mean!
If you poke around long enough you'll find some strange people out there. The world is not only stranger than you think. It's stranger than you can think. But try not to worry about it. If you come across someone, somewhere at sometime who lives some sort of weird cat life then raise an eyebrow, do a slow head shake and then go check the sports results. Or read a book. Or watch Seinfeld. Or ring the kids. Or go bake a cake.

In other words, please just get on with your life. You only have the one and spending time complaining about some dude with a feline fantasy is a waste of it.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟177,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Being a human is not what it is cracked up to be in this world where everyone is telling you who you are supposed to be or else, maybe becoming a cat is the best option. Nobody tells a cat who he's supposed to be.

• Agree
Reactions: durangodawood
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟574,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you poke around long enough you'll find some strange people out there. The world is not only stranger than you think. It's stranger than you can think. But try not to worry about it. If you come across someone, somewhere at sometime who lives some sort of weird cat life then raise an eyebrow, do a slow head shake and then go check the sports results. Or read a book. Or watch Seinfeld. Or ring the kids. Or go bake a cake.

In other words, please just get on with your life. You only have the one and spending time complaining about some dude with a feline fantasy is a waste of it.
That is precisely what we would like to do but alas that is not what is happening. People are losing jobs and even being prosecuted for their attempts to "get on with their own life." Even Children are being punished because they do not use the fantasy pronouns of these "strange" people.

Using ‘Wrong’ Pronouns Could Lead to School Suspensions

But I am glad to see you side with those who seek to be free from the tyranny of the "strange."

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟177,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
That is precisely what we would like to do but alas that is not what is happening. People are losing jobs and even being prosecuted for their attempts to "get on with their own life." Even Children are being punished because they do not use the fantasy pronouns of these "strange" people.

Using ‘Wrong’ Pronouns Could Lead to School Suspensions

But I am glad to see you side with those who seek to be free from the tyranny of the "strange."
As long as you regard them as the "strange" you will never be free of their tyranny.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟574,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As long as you regard them as the "strange" you will never be free of their tyranny.
Strange was not my word. It was the word of the individual to whom I was responding.
But even so, what effect would normalizing that behavior have on the tyranny other than to reinforce it and further establish it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟177,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Strange was not my word. It was the word of the individual to whom I was responding.
But even so, what effect would normalizing that behavior have on the tyranny other than to reinforce it and further establish it?
If it was normalized then the "tyranny" would be rendered powerless

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟873,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is it just me or is everyone losing there mind lol

If that's real, it's an anomaly and has nothing to do with identity politics. Are there political identities based around children who identify as cats? No, there are not. Are there political identities based around gender, sexual orientation, religion, race, Trump, etc.? Yes, there are those political identities. The "core" of identity politics is not the anomaly but groups whose members idenify in a particular way. The politics of Trumpism are as much about common identity as lgbtq folks or union supporters. It's a way of grouping and identifying political power, usually by those who feel they lack a sufficient amount of it. It's important to note, the right's critique of identity politics is ignorant because they lack a better narrative while simultaneously embodying the same political idea without consciously recognizing it.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟310,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It is inevitable. The gates are wide open now. You can not only identify as anything you want, but you, apparently, can demand that everyone else address you as such.

I identify as a laser blaster, and you guys all address me as such.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

I have become comfortably numb.
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟261,181.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That is precisely what we would like to do but alas that is not what is happening. People are losing jobs and even being prosecuted for their attempts to "get on with their own life."
People lose jobs because they don't follow the rules of the company at which they work. Just like someone would be banned from this forum if they didn't follow the rules of this forum. They may not like the rules, but if they want to to work at a place of employment or post their opinions in this form then they will follow the the rules.

Life has always been thus. People exhibiting their frustration at one aspect of it changes nothing. Except they get to feel the thrill of righteous indignation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟574,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People lose jobs because they don't follow the rules of the company at which they work. Just like someone would be banned from this forum if they didn't follow the rules of this forum. They may not like the rules, but if they want to to work at a place of employment or post their opinions in this form then they will follow the the rules.

Life has always been thus. People exhibiting their frustration at one aspect of it changes nothing. Except they get to feel the thrill of righteous indignation.
Yea, I remember blacks being the losers, women being the losers, Jews being the losers, and one time of another everyone being the losers. But I would not support the companies who committed these injustices or try to justify their actions. Strange hearing this come from you!

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟574,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I identify as a laser blaster, and you guys all address me as such.
I decided to be addressed as King and Your Highness and insisted on being addressed as such.
Nobody supporting such theories wants to comply. I am going to see if I can get them fired.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟310,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I decided to be addressed as King and Your Highness and insisted on being addressed as such.
Nobody supporting such theories wants to comply. I am going to see if I can get them fired.
I'm a republican. I don't recognize any king, even the ones international law does. (Just ask about Chuckles 3.)

Upvote 0

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟73,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Is it just me or is everyone losing there mind lol

No worries; just the "woke" people have lost their minds.

Of course, the "wokes" will claim that the person in the video is in immediate need of "species-affirming" treatment, you know "humanoid" blockers or a bit of surgery ...
Cat Woman.jpg

. (I told y'all so!)

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,489,079.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is inevitable. The gates are wide open now. You can not only identify as anything you want, but you, apparently, can demand that everyone else address you as such. A cat. A cow. Even races and species other than your birth. I suspect black people can identify as white, but for some reason, it will be wrong to go the other way. We have already see aged men identifying as little girls diapers and all. What about inanimate objects? You could identify as a table or a loaf of bread. Why not? No, you are right. It is getting insane—just one more sign of the end of this culture and civilization as we know it. And there are many who will both deny this is actually happening, and at the same time support those who do it.
You have heard it. We are all racial conspiracy theorists. May as well just get some popcorn (mine with butter please) and sit back and watch the clown world and all its clowns go mad.
Nope, one thing identity politics will not allow is racial trans identification. Curious exclusion, that.

Upvote 0