I Want to Become an Editor (Manga & Comics)

CHRI5

Jul 27, 2021
Montgomery
✟8,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey!

I recently wanted to give editing a shot as I am very interested in the comics & manga industry. I am willing to do editing for free to build up a portfolio of things I have worked on and contributed to.

Another reason why I am posting here is that I am more interested in working on projects curated by Christians as I believe Christian art is something that needs to be explored more in this day and age.

If any of you know of places where I can meet people who are like-minded, please do tell me.

If any of you are interested in me contributing to your projects, shoot me a DM and I would be more than happy to discuss more. Another helpful tool to have is Discord.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟573,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You can use amazon to create books and publish them on amazon.com.
Once you get some pieces in your shelf, you can take them to a regular publisher and show your stuff.
I have been creating books on amazon for 10 years. I have 12 of my own books, dozens of large print Bible portions, many clean classics from the earlier days that are now in public domain.
Anyone can do this. I have not published anything new for several years. I pull down about 400 a month in royalties.

Reactions: CHRI5
Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
My mind went to a non profit that publishes biblically based manga, their major series one I'm still slowly getting through (as in barely reading a few chapters every so often at most) that adapts the bible in manga form (not to be confused with manga bibles that are more condensed)

NEXT Homepage - NEXT Manga

Upvote 0

CHRI5

Jul 27, 2021
Montgomery
✟8,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
My mind went to a non profit that publishes biblically based manga, their major series one I'm still slowly getting through (as in barely reading a few chapters every so often at most) that adapts the bible in manga form (not to be confused with manga bibles that are more condensed)

NEXT Homepage - NEXT Manga
What are they called?

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
What are they called?

Oh you mean the books: in proper order, it's Manga Mutiny (Genesis and Exodus, I think), Manga Melech (post Exodus leading up to the Judges), Manga Messengers (Judges and a few others), Manga Messiah (the gospels), Manga Metamorphosis (Acts and Epistles) and Manga Majesty (Revelation, much shorter overall, like 1/4 of a inch thick)

Upvote 0