• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Dogheaded

Jun 17, 2023
Windsor
✟18,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hi there. I have been struggling with my mental health for the past few years and I believe I’m depressed. Recently I was reading something about sociopaths and psychopaths and it dawned on me that I felt similar to those people.
- I find it hard to care about people and so often fake my feelings (I didn’t cry or get sad when my grandparent died)
- I find it hard to behave normally in public such as not knowing what an appropriate thing to say is or doing things people think are weird.
- I’m always bored
- I’m angry and get feelings that I want to punch people because they make me sad
- I’ve never been in a relationship with a girl and I’m 20
- insincere apologies
- I feel emotionless

I wish I was not this way. Even though I can blend in with people I feel like I live a double life as I have to make up feelings a lot or else people would think badly about me which I don’t want as I already struggle a great deal in getting along with people and making friends.

I’m not saved and I don’t know how I could be since if I can’t love/emotionally-connect to anyone that I can see how can I love someone I can’t see.

Do you think I am a psychopath? If yes how can I get better?
No, a psychopath wouldn't likely be asking about getting better.

Check out, with a psychologist, Schizoid Personality Disorder. Schizoids sometimes think they are psychopaths due to a recognition of significant motivational differences with their peers or humanity I'm general. It can come with conduct issues, frustration over social interactions, and is known for overt emotion deficits.

And secondly, Christ died for everyone, even those who aberrant. That you don't feel things 'correctly' is a cross to bear, but not a condemnation.

Reactions: markbrewer
Upvote 0