• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I need some encouragement

Bobby H

Site Supporter
Jun 10, 2013
✟61,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

I don't mean to be a burden on anybody here, but I could use some prayer and encouragement. I'm 42 years old, I've worked for the same company for 23 years, and I never figured out what to do with my life. I really would like to get out of where I'm working, but sometimes, part of me feels like God wants me to be there for some reason (even though sometimes it feels like some form of punishment). I have a college degree, but when I look at jobs, everything either pays far less than I can live on, requires me to move/travel, or is meaningless, tedious stuff. I also worry about being discriminated against because of my age (which I'm feeling at my job these days anyways).

I have a lot to be thankful for, and even though there's an awful lot not to like about my job, at the same time it's not the worst thing on earth. I just wish I were on a more even keel emotionally and not so unhappy.

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟75,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ask God what to do with your life. Tell Him how you're feeling and what you want. He will guide you according to His will.

I learned this in church several years ago when I was living aimlessly. It has dramatically changed my life and for the better.

Reactions: Bobby H
Upvote 0

Bobby H

Site Supporter
Jun 10, 2013
✟61,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ask God what to do with your life. Tell Him how you're feeling and what you want. He will guide you according to His will.

I learned this in church several years ago when I was living aimlessly. It has dramatically changed my life and for the better.
You are correct. I really want to do some fasting and praying over the situation.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi.. for me God does not can not go against my will. He can does use what's going on in my life for His glory. If we take two things from the OT NT. Delight your self in the lord He will give you the desires of your heart if we commit our way to Him and trust Him He will do it. NT what so ever you desire when you pray believe you receive it you shall have it......

Now me.. I would repent stop any sin I was doing and pray tell Him what I want.. ask Him to open the doors.. what ever you want to pray. We walk by faith we live by faith. That is calling those things that be not as though they were. This is one of those rare times I can say "most" walk by what they see hear and feel. God is for you.. those desires for something new better greater what ever.. WHERE do you think they came from? Hello? Trust Him.. He is about to do something wonderful.. believe.. but we also have to so something.. faith something we just 95% never read about..

Reactions: Fearnot87
Upvote 0