• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I have Schizophrenia since 1992

Kenzin

Jan 6, 2021
Conway
✟12,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I do not just suffer from Schizophrenia but from Scrupulosity as well an OCD disorder. I wish I had some relief from either disease. I used to be a Buddhist a while ago and now I hear the voice of my former buddhist teacher for the last 20 years.. The voice is relentless constantly judging me and telling me how I should live. On top of that I have uncontrollable thoughts that curse God and the Holy Spirit. This is not a voluntary thing it's an uncontrollable thought. I have been assured that God understands that I have a disorder and I have not done the Unforgivable sin. They both cause quite a bit of suffering.. Can I ever find any release from this suffering?

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟429,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only thing that worked for me is taking thoughts captive as in 2 Corinthians 10 verses 3 to five and prayer that this might work for you. Also God can have other tricks to control your mind. It’s a fight but it yields space to live and room to have peace and rest. If it sounds too good your God is too small. Get with Him serve the poor and He will be with you. Risk it. Start with prayer.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I do not just suffer from Schizophrenia but from Scrupulosity as well an OCD disorder. I wish I had some relief from either disease. I used to be a Buddhist a while ago and now I hear the voice of my former buddhist teacher for the last 20 years.. The voice is relentless constantly judging me and telling me how I should live. On top of that I have uncontrollable thoughts that curse God and the Holy Spirit. This is not a voluntary thing it's an uncontrollable thought. I have been assured that God understands that I have a disorder and I have not done the Unforgivable sin. They both cause quite a bit of suffering.. Can I ever find any release from this suffering?
Are you being treated by a doctor?

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟463,298.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi!, i believe God can help you, (because he really can), have you thought on trying a church that believes in deliverance/seeking the power of God/being filled with the Holy spirit, i have no idea which ones may be good in you area of course but pray to God and go to one if you can. I think there is hope brother, i also suffered some what doctors call 'mental disease' a lot of times are spiritual issues.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟463,298.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well I spoke to my Church officials and they said that they do not do Deliverances. I'm looking around my area to see if any other church will do a Deliverance.

If they are in the correct place, it can be very effective, it could take time, sometimes its lots of years with the same stuff, and God heals us slowly sometimes, just a church that seeks the power of God and Holy spirit, just going to a meeting when the presence of God is there has effect, the presence of God lifts us, take us out of the pit, comfort us, and lots of other good things, the bible say that where the Spirit of God is there is freedom.

Wish you the best of lucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟429,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I spoke to my Church officials and they said that they do not do Deliverances. I'm looking around my area to see if any other church will do a Deliverance.

I tried deliverance for the same reasons as you. I don’t know how effective it was. Sure no miraculous thing for me. But each time I started on an upsurge. Someone even saw something leave once but I was convinced that a devil can’t live in a Christian. I appreciated the attention and knowing if there was anything it was gone.

But then after starting back to church in 2001 my pastor equipped me with tools to fight all of it. The thoughts barrage, the lack of focus and direction. Taking thoughts captive, studying bible, and sniffing believe it or not keeps unwanted doors closed.

I know your in a different place than I am now. But you could try it for your own peace of mind. You can find space from the trial, and have a pretty good life.

Look for a vineyard church.

Reactions: NBB
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟152,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
A lot of people compare OCD to a bully in your head. The more you react to the bully, the more you empower them, while ignoring them takes the power away. Unfortunately, this bully won't leave entirely (in most cases) but you should have some relief by paying them less attention.

Upvote 0

Kenzin

Jan 6, 2021
Conway
✟12,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
A lot of people compare OCD to a bully in your head. The more you react to the bully, the more you empower them, while ignoring them takes the power away. Unfortunately, this bully won't leave entirely (in most cases) but you should have some relief by paying them less attention.

Thank you.. I want to put your suggestion in practice along with filling my head with scriptural truth.

Upvote 0

Kenzin

Jan 6, 2021
Conway
✟12,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I just feel so lost.. I rarely feel the love of God.. I have voices calling me an Apostate.. Voices of my former Buddhist teacher condemning me all day long, and scrupulosity which is my mind uncontrollably curses God. Every now and then I do feel the love of God but I'm slammed with negativity more than the Love.

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟152,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
It does sound like part of your OCD is rooted in your Buddhist past. Perhaps reflecting on the similarities between Buddhism and Christianity will have you feeling less conflict between your earlier life views and current beliefs. Christianity of course came later, and some argue that pre-Christian religions have elements of truth or virtuous teaching to prepare people for Christianity.

Reactions: wendykvw
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenzin

Jan 6, 2021
Conway
✟12,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It does sound like part of your OCD is rooted in your Buddhist past. Perhaps reflecting on the similarities between Buddhism and Christianity will have you feeling less conflict between your earlier life views and current beliefs. Christianity of course came later, and some argue that pre-Christian religions have elements of truth or virtuous teaching to prepare people for Christianity.

I developed the Scrupulosity in 1994.. I got into Buddhism in 1998. I left Buddhism back to Christianity in 2016.. Just to help put things in perspective I am 48 years old.. I developed Schizophrenia when I was 19 in 1992.

Upvote 0