Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟12,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My problems are very common and I thought I was living in faith but it turns out I'm still the same person I was the day before the desire for inappropriate content is so bad and it is still in my life I read the scriptures and I take my time and pray for specific things I need but I feel like God is waiting but the more I make him wait the more worried he becomes... My circumstance's are so bad I attend a virtual academy which requires a computer and I have a cell phone and tablet and I have social problems and I want to get out of school but if I did my parents would be arrested for child neglect I'm still a year out before I can exit school legally and when it happens I'm selling all of my electronics and get a full time job to support my family and I'm stuck at my house because my school is so strict with their class connect times

sometimes I just want to run and give up everything but the devil is the most cunning trickster ever bc even that's out of the equation

it's weird my conscience has set up boundries on what I watch on inappropriate contenthub but part of my conscience is seared to what I'm currently watching

sometimes I indulge in the Idea of being punished in my transgressions to be hated by the world but the scary part is that the world accepts my behavior as normal which disgust me a great deal

I just want to hate the actions of the world I want to have trembling fear of the lord so much that it makes me sweat blood and I want to love the lord so much that I would not have a problem turning my back on my family if he asked me

I'm am asking advice from someone of great discernfulness that's empowered by the holy spirit if you don't think you have the holy spirit don't advice me

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
GET AWAY FROM inappropriate content AT ALL COST!!!!!

This stuff opens doorways that continue to open other "worse" doorways that will lead you into very dark places.
Please abandon all those sights and place a filter on your computer friend.

Repent and Eph 6:10-18

• Agree
Reactions: harko
Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
There are a few free ones online and I can't remember the names but a quick google search for free inappropriate content filters will help you friend.
I am glad that you are reaching out for help because an accountability partner can help you a lot when you are weak :)

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟588,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What helps me is to know that inappropriate content actors are ruined and wasted and being used. I need to love and care for them, in prayer, and not only use them to look at them. So, as I get into really loving inappropriate content actors, this can help me get real in God's love so I am loving any and all people the way Jesus wants.

• Informative
Reactions: Justasurvivor
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not so bold as to claim to speak from the Spirit, but I know something from scripture that may help with the pain. In Romans 7 Paul speaks of a conflict between the flesh and our inner most being as if they are two distinct creatures. You are like Peter, singing in the jail cell of your flesh until the angel releases him. It is the man in the cell, and what he does that matters. Rather than cowering, you sing.

No one here is so strong as to be able to overcome the flesh when it roars. Even the disciples were overcome, their spirit was willing but their flesh was weak. Few know how weak and reliant we are on Christ to keep from sin because they have never experienced the wilderness you are in. It is the Spirit that led Jesus into the wilderness and it is the Spirit that led Him out. Rely wholly on Christs grace, and pray that he lead you out, as we do in the Lord's Prayer. The person who relies only on grace is nearer in relationship than the person who supposes their relationship is due to works. Remember that you are the person in that cell, you are not the flesh

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My problems are very common and I thought I was living in faith but it turns out I'm still the same person I was the day before

May I ask what you mean by 'living in faith"? The best way I can describe what I mean there is, are you a believer in "Faith Only" and maybe are waiting for God to make changes in you that you can only change yourself? Or from the there are things required of us to be saved crowd?

I ask, because I've seen first hand the problems with faith only. Hopefully, that isn't you.

Upvote 0

Justasurvivor

Mar 5, 2019
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟12,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
K9 Web Filter is great for filtering out most things. Its christian based too if I recall.

it filters out the websites but I still can look at the videos individually thats the problem right now I'm working on putting inappropriate content blockers on everything and I want to make it through this because if I do... oh my God I think I'm gonna throw a party

Upvote 0

Justasurvivor

Mar 5, 2019
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟12,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
it filters out the websites but I still can look at the videos individually thats the problem right now I'm working on putting inappropriate content blockers on everything and I want to make it through this because if I do... oh my God I think I'm gonna throw a party

right now I'm trying to make it impossible to access any of it at all

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My problems are very common and I thought I was living in faith but it turns out I'm still the same person I was the day before the desire for inappropriate content is so bad and it is still in my life I read the scriptures and I take my time and pray for specific things I need but I feel like God is waiting but the more I make him wait the more worried he becomes... My circumstance's are so bad I attend a virtual academy which requires a computer and I have a cell phone and tablet and I have social problems and I want to get out of school but if I did my parents would be arrested for child neglect I'm still a year out before I can exit school legally and when it happens I'm selling all of my electronics and get a full time job to support my family and I'm stuck at my house because my school is so strict with their class connect times

sometimes I just want to run and give up everything but the devil is the most cunning trickster ever bc even that's out of the equation

it's weird my conscience has set up boundries on what I watch on inappropriate contenthub but part of my conscience is seared to what I'm currently watching

sometimes I indulge in the Idea of being punished in my transgressions to be hated by the world but the scary part is that the world accepts my behavior as normal which disgust me a great deal

I just want to hate the actions of the world I want to have trembling fear of the lord so much that it makes me sweat blood and I want to love the lord so much that I would not have a problem turning my back on my family if he asked me

I'm am asking advice from someone of great discernfulness that's empowered by the holy spirit if you don't think you have the holy spirit don't advice me
Do you have female friends or acquaintances? Getting into a relationship with a real woman is important.

Upvote 0

Justasurvivor

Mar 5, 2019
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟12,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have managed to clean my phone so I can not use my phone for nefarious means but in my computer I am only 80% protected the other 20% is nude images I'm still working on it so I'm not done yet and I'm great full beforehand.. I shut off my tablet for using the browser using parent controls and threw the password away so I'm only able to use it for games and stuff like that

It's funny because back then I searched for filters and I could not find any free ones but coincidentally after you pointed me back into the same direction I was in before now there is all of these free filters to my hearts content it's a shame that they are not compatible to one another though

Upvote 0

Justasurvivor

Mar 5, 2019
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟12,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
May I ask what you mean by 'living in faith"? The best way I can describe what I mean there is, are you a believer in "Faith Only" and maybe are waiting for God to make changes in you that you can only change yourself? Or from the there are things required of us to be saved crowd?

I ask, because I've seen first hand the problems with faith only. Hopefully, that isn't you.

I was speaking of living faith that's wholesome and complete submission and understanding that the lord will change me but only If I show that I am willing to fight against the problem rather than seek refuge in the problem

• Informative
Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

Justasurvivor

Mar 5, 2019
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟12,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Do you have female friends or acquaintances? Getting into a relationship with a real woman is important.

It can either be the best idea or the worst idea because even southernscotty said that one door can be opened and there will be many doors worst than the last, so don't get me wrong I love the idea but the truth is I think it would be wiser to work on dismantling this sin so that way when I do get into a relationship it won't be present in order to hurt my partner as well as myself

Upvote 0

Ecclesiastian

Mar 7, 2019
Tifton
✟23,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I know how you feel. I used to have problems with it. Made me feel empty inside. Ultimately I had to just tell myself I had to pray and muster the strength to refuse to go to those websites whenever the temptation arose. Refuse to answer them. Pray, train your mind, read Scripture, etc. These things not only provide a distraction from inappropriate content but are precisely what you need to defeat the temptation.

Another thing that worked for me was getting involved in a youth group at church. When you make some Christian friends a lot of temptations just fade away in their company. So surround yourself with Christian fellowship more often as well if possible.

It's easy to just say God won't answer you, or you're too weak to fight it, but trust me, God gave you will, and you can make the right decisions with His help. Just train your mind and your eyes on Him, and consciously make an effort to fight temptation when it arises.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums