• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I am confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deamiter

I just follow Christ.
Nov 10, 2003
Visit site
✟25,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mods look at every post in this forum before it is approved publicly. It has nothing to do with the content of your post. If your post is NOT approved, you should receive a PM explaining why (though occasionally somebody might forget).

You are allowed to post anything within normal CF rules. Specifically, you will not be allowed to describe details about self-injury (exactly how you did it) or make suicide threats. I think it'll be pretty open, but we have these rules to avoid triggering other struggling members.

Upvote 0

servant4ever

Servant of Jesus Christ
Jan 9, 2004
Saint Paul
✟17,534.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
OK, so IF I say I'm going to kill myself, that won't be posted, but if I say I feel like I need to kill myself, with no immediate plans to kill self, will something like that be posted? I'm just trying to clarify the rules and things... not trying to imply anything.

servant4ever

Upvote 0

Deamiter

I just follow Christ.
Nov 10, 2003
Visit site
✟25,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's pretty close. It's a fine line, we will certainly allow discussion of those thoughts and feelings.

Depending on the actual content, "I wish I were dead" should always be okay (it's certainly biblical!) "I feel like I need to kill myself" would be closer to the line, but probably allowed as long as it's not part of a goodbye letter. "I think I'm going to kill myself" would be just over the line, but might just squeak through if qualified well enough by "I think I'm going to kill myself IF..." though it'd have to be a VERY strong qualification -- best to stay away from that.

I think the best way to get a feel for this forum (for both members AND mods) will be to just keep posting. You're certainly not going to be getting official warnings for having a post rejected, and often a small correction may make the post perfectly acceptable.

Don't get too caught up in the details now, before the forum has many threads and us mods don't really have precedent to go on. Just don't threaten to commit suicide or write a goodbye letter and you should be fine.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.