Discussion of Matthew 5:28 But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟12,293.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

Let's discuss the bible verse, trying to understand, Jesus said:
Matthew 5:28 But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

What did Jesus meant ? Why is this a sin ?

Looking at a woman in lust means, so I have heard, fantasing about the woman, having sex with her etc. It is no sin to admire the beauty of a woman.
lust= sexual fantasies, fantasying about sex, naked bodies etc.

If you are not married and you look at a woman in lust, how is this adultery ? It could be fornication ? Fornication is a sin.

Thing is if you have not practised clean thoughts when not married, it is surely gonna be a problem when married I suppose, so it is better not to lust.
When married it is no sin to lust after your wife only ?
Thing is we should learn to lust after your married wife only ? then it is no sin ?

There are advantages of having a clean mind, a mind that is not lusting (thinking sexual thought other than your wife).

Let's say you see a beautifull woman and you lust at her, thinking sexual thoughts, fantasing sexual thoughts.
If you and she are both not married, you are fornicating ?
if you don't know her, you didn't really have consent from her to think sexual thoughts about her, have you ?
Even if you have consent from her to think sexual thoughts about her, for example the inappropriate contentstars, only fans, give consent to lust after them, guess it is still a sin, it is fornication ?
Even if there is no deed, even if she doesnt know, lusting at a woman is sin, well God made the rules, we obey or we not obey, we dont have to understand the rule ?
Maybe we cant see what is happening in the unseen world when we lust, this is a theory no one can prove, heard it from somewhere, they say if we sin in our thoughts by lusting, the demons are attracted to the sinfull thoughts, so they come to roam in your vicinity or something ?

Last edited:

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟327,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

Matthew 5:28 But I say, anyone who even looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Looking at a woman in lust means, so I have heard, fantasing about the woman, having sex with her etc. It is no sin to admire the beauty of a woman.

If you are not married and you look at a woman in lust, how is this adultery ? It could be fornication ? Fornication is a sin.

Thing is if you have not practised clean thoughts when not married, it is surely gonna be a problem when married I suppose, so it is better not to lust.
Thing is we should learn to lust after your married wife only ? then it is no sin ?

There are advantages of having a clean mind, a mind that is not lusting (thinking sexual thought other than your wife).

Let's say you see a beautifull woman and you lust at her, thinking sexual thoughts, fantasing sexual thoughts.
if you don't know her, you didn't really have consent from her to think sexual thoughts about her, have you ?
Even if you have consent from her to think sexual thoughts about her, for example the inappropriate contentstars, only fans, give consent to lust after them, guess it is still a sin, it is fornication ?
Even if there is no deed, even if she doesnt know, lusting at a woman is sin, well God made the rules, we obey or we not obey, we dont have to understand the rule ?
Maybe we cant see what is happening in the unseen world when we lust, this is a theory no one can prove, heard it from somewhere, they say if we sin in our thoughts by lusting, the demons are attracted to the sinfull thoughts, so they come to roam in your vicinity or something ?
The Didascalia has it that the meaning is not to look at a woman with lust but to look at a man's wife to lust after her. That logically follows the prohibition against adultery.

Upvote 0

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟12,293.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Didascalia has it that the meaning is not to look at a woman with lust but to look at a man's wife to lust after her. That logically follows the prohibition against adultery.
So it is no sin to lust after unmarried women if the men is also unmarried ? Lust= sexual fantasying with the unmarried women.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟309,714.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Too many years in the landscape with a camera has led me to automatically see the beauty in the most minuscule things. After many decades this has become fascination also with the human form. It need not be sexual but it certainly can be fascinating to discover tantalizing features everywhere one looks, amazing pleasing form especially in people be it overall beauty or just in a smile or twinkle in the eyes. It may be just parts rather than the whole but it is there non the less.

Is that lust of beauty a sin? I would have to say no because sin is self oriented, wanting something for self. It was the original sin. If the lust desires a body for self satisfaction then yes it is a sin. If the lust is an out of control reaction to beauty in the world, is there any personal benefit other than appreciation for that pleasant form as you take it in? Is it sinful lust to appreciate a sunset, scenery or a nice pair of legs?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟913,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is disrespectful. Look away.
Be blessed.

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟12,293.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is disrespectful. Look away.
Be blessed.
It is only disrespectfull if the man is not chad, if the man was chad, the women would not mind would they ?
I know that some women lust after chad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟913,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is only disrespectfull if the man is not chad, if the man was chad, the women would not mind would they ?
I know that some women lust after chad.
Yikes ! Im speechless......ok back in....what in the world ! Chad? Just FYI , women don't know what goes on in the head of a man, only God. And this is the subject at hand isn't it? What Jesus Christ Nazareth said about the matter ? Think about it.

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟12,293.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yikes ! Im speechless......ok back in....what in the world ! Chad? Just FYI , women don't know what goes on in the head of a man, only God. And this is the subject at hand isn't it? What Jesus Christ Nazareth said about the matter ? Think about it.
I am only tellling u what I have observed, some women love chad, some will deny it, both men and women sin, it is not only the men.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟309,714.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Remember what Jesus said (paraphrasing) about vessels clean on the outside but still dirty within? That is most of mankind, lust or otherwise. Wouldn't it be interesting on judgement day that we would sit before all those we had contact with in life and our innermost thoughts would be displayed for all to see rather than what they thought they saw in life. Find me one person that would not be ashamed at some point.

Reactions: jonojim1337
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟327,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
So it is no sin to lust after unmarried women if the men is also unmarried ? Lust= sexual fantasying with the unmarried women.
If you look at Orthodox commentaries on lust you'll find that lust itself is not a sin until it becomes all consuming. And lust can be for anything, not just sexual feelings. Some people lust for money or for fame or for power. The lust itself is not a sin until it leads you to neglect all else for it. And it's one of the things that is consistent throughout the new testament. Anger can be a form of lust, and when it becomes all consuming it leads to murder. The lesson of Matt 5:21-22 is to control your anger before it leads you to murder. James also says the same:

Jas 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Jas 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

So, lust leads to sin which leads to death. We are to control our lusts before we are drawn away into sin. So we could say that lust itself is not a sin, but is sinful.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟188,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

Although, statically...not sure of the number. But men think of sex so many times in a day.

For the single man, that's living a chaste life, it's not uncommon

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums