• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I’m going to hell, Jesus said so

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I understand he had Christians killed

Yet He was saved by grace and so are we all, you included.

One thing you have to realise is that when we come to faith then we die to the old and come alive into the new. However you have to let go of the past and accept God's loving grace.

Only when you look at Christ and not your old life will you heal from this affliction and can you get on becoming a brand new person.

So please say sorry to Christ for holding on to the old and drink in His loving grace for you and see how much better it is to accept grace than bring judgment upon yourself.

i advise you to learn some basic Christian principles going to a good bible preaching Church could help you with this.

Peace

Upvote 0

2tim_215

Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2017
New York
✟105,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1 Timothy 1:12-16 (KJV)
12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;
13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
injurious - from <G5195> (hubrizo); an insulter, i.e. maltreater :- despiteful, injurious
14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
chief - contracted superlative of <G4253> (pro); foremost (in time, place, order or importance) :- before, beginning, best, chief (-est), first (of all), former.
16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
Paul said he was the chief (worst) sinner and since it's in the Bible, I believe him. If he's the chief, and would go on to write two thirds of the New Testament, I don't expect you to do the same but I do believe that you can do things for the Lord that no one else can do in sharing your faith. You just have to find what it is that the Lord would have you to do. Actually once you become saved, I believe works then become important (see your buddy James, a great book). If Jesus could save Paul. a persecutor of Christians, he can certainly save you. I'd also recommend (if you haven't already done it) that you pray for those you may have injured. You know, God can help heal them. He's full of miracles.

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟174,667.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Once Satan told me I would be put into hell forever. But Satan's idea is not the truth.

If you trust the liar you are in danger. Please reject the liar. Anyone who repents is forgiven. We can not decide our fate, but we can grasp the chance to repent. :hug:

Reactions: Tempura
Upvote 0

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This thread has been moved from Depression Disorders to Recovery Related Spiritual Advice.

Please review the Statement of Purpose to reply here if you're new to this forum.
Recovery Related Spiritual Advice

This sub-forum is for members who are struggling with a recovery issue and dealing with spiritual struggles because of or related to it. This is a moderated forum, where all posts must be approved before becoming live. There is no debate allowed in this forum, and no spiritual warfare posts or links allowed. OPs that are not asking for advice will be removed. Posts that are asking if God still loves me or if this is a sin need to be posted in Ask a Chaplain.

Christians and non-Christians may start threads asking questions of advice, only 1 OP per thread may ask questions but only Orthodox Christians may reply. If another member wishes to ask questions relating to or on a different topic about themselves and spiritual & recovery issues, must start a new OP.

Please review the recovery guidelines and site wide rules before posting in this forum.

Posts that deal with issues of sexuality and wanting to overcome sexual issues will be moved to the Struggles with Sexuality Forum. Posts that are not seeking advice, will be removed or moved if possible to a more appropriate area.

This forum provides support as well as encouragement from others going through similar issues or who have possibly been successful at making those changes.

OFF Topic Posts/Threads

Preaching or theological teaching or debating as this part of the forum is not for theological discussions, but for support and spiritual encouragement.

No self-promotion of books, recordings, YouTube videos or websites/blogs to gain advertising.

Posts that are not supportive of the Original Poster’s question of advice will be removed.

Discouragement of medications and medical treatment will be removed and staff actions will be issued due to the severity of risk related to diagnosing someone and giving treatment advice from professionals or non-professionals online.

Any posts dealing with spiritual warfare will be removed. Insinuating that members are possessed or that their health issues are caused by demons or due to sin is not permitted. This includes the devil is the whole problem. Linking to sites offline that address spiritual warfare are not permitted as well. Posts that balance out the the fact that both mental/physical health issues and spiritual issues may be at play rather than only spiritual issues are to blame, may be allowed.

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟174,667.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I don’t mean you are like Judas the betrayer. Though Jesus knew Judas would definitely be put into hell, he still gave Judas chance to repent, even after Judas betrayed him. Unfortunately Judas chose suicide but not repent. Your situation is much better than Judas. If one is definitely in hell, he would hide himself away from God’s Light, but not ask for help.

Jesus Christ Loved Judas the betrayer Truly. (Written by Rabbi James)

MATTHEW 26:1-75

This chapter deals with Yeshua's final days with his talmidim on earth, His anointing by the generous woman who poured the “nard” perfume on him, the betrayal by “Y'hudah Ish Kariot” (Judas, the man from the region of Kariot) in every group of disciples, there are always a few who are “fakers” We have the final “Pesach” dinner with his disciples and Kefa's denial,

But there is a lot we can learn from this, Peter denied knowing Yeshua, out of fear, but Judas openly rejected him by identifying him by a kiss on the cheek. Both sins forgivable, the only difference is that Peter confessed and received forgiveness, while Judas felt remorse, but did not cry out for forgiveness, but went out and committed suicide. There is a sin that leads to remorse and a “feeling sorry for oneself” and sin that leads to remorse, and from remorse to confession, and from confession to forgiveness, and from forgiveness to restored fellowship. How many readers out there have chosen the later? We are all sinners and have fallen short of the glory of God, but the confession of sins, and receiving forgiveness is something only you can do, I cannot do it for you. Yeshua receives ALL who come to him, no matter how bad or evil you have been, nor what you have done, no sin is beyond forgiveness. Just ask, and turn from your sin, and forgiveness and restoration are yours.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’ve caused people to sin. I’ve repented, but the truth is, from the mouth of Jesus himself, that I deserve to have a millstone tied around my neck and drowned into the depth of the sea than to cause someone to sin.

I have become very severely depressed that I did this. I’ve just recently become depressed actually, even though I’ve caused people to sin before I became a believer. I’ve lost my career because I can’t live with myself instead I live in guilt 24/7.

I often think of suicide now. I would never do it, but I do think about it, if that makes any sense.

I guess the reason for this thread is for some encouragement on how I can move on in life knowing that I’ll spend eternity in hell.

1) First of all everybody sinned and there is none righteous Romans 3:10 , Romans 3:23
2) Secondally going to hell or heaven is not based on what crimes you commit but based on if you believe that Christ paid for them and accept the atonement or not , for example David commited murder and his sin was forgiven and he is promised to rule in future Kingdom , Saul was crucifying early Christians before becoming apostle of Christ and renamed Paul

3) You need to be born again to enter Kingdom of God
Salvation is not of works Ephesians 2:8-9 , Galatians 2:16 , it's free gift by grace , meaning underserved , you can only accept it or not accept it , does not matter how much sin have you done because if you aren't perfect you can't enter Heaven on your own .

4) Definition of Gospel is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 that Christ died , for your sins ( past , present , future ) , he was burried and rose again from the dead , confirming Old Testament prophecy about him spoken by multiple prophets though ages such as Isaiah 53 or Psalm 22:16-17

If you accept the atonement for your sins 1 Peter 2:2 , 1 Peter 1:18-19 then you are guaranteed eternal life , from the moment you believe and you are unable to lose it because it's eternal and not temporary life .

Ephesians 1:13-14 You are sealed with Holy Spirit
If you do bad deeds after that your Father in heaven will punish you here plus you lose your inheritance in heaven but you are unable to lose salvation and go to hell .

1 Corinthians 3:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

John 6:47 - present tense has eternal life

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,489,079.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Once Satan told me I would be put into hell forever. But Satan's idea is not the truth.

If you trust the liar you are in danger. Please reject the liar. Anyone who repents is forgiven. We can not decide our fate, but we can grasp the chance to repent.

We have to emphasize that point here, because lots of Christians get that wrong.

God, seeing eternity, knows who will be saved. He knows the name of the very last person who will be saved before Messiah returns.

Hell was never the destiny of those people. Anyone who ever told them that was lying to them.

I know a woman who had been a prostitute, and she'd heard street preachers tell her that she was going to hell. That was never true, hell had never been her destiny. Only the Adversary says such things.

It took someone finally telling her the truth that enabled her to recognized there was a Messiah waiting for her to say, "Yes."

• Friendly
Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟928,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I’ve caused people to sin. I’ve repented, but the truth is, from the mouth of Jesus himself, that I deserve to have a millstone tied around my neck and drowned into the depth of the sea than to cause someone to sin.

I have become very severely depressed that I did this. I’ve just recently become depressed actually, even though I’ve caused people to sin before I became a believer. I’ve lost my career because I can’t live with myself instead I live in guilt 24/7.

I often think of suicide now. I would never do it, but I do think about it, if that makes any sense.

I guess the reason for this thread is for some encouragement on how I can move on in life knowing that I’ll spend eternity in hell.

Paul as Saul -- tried to force Christians to renounce their faith and tried to get them killed if they did not agree to it.

Solomon went from "writing the Bible" in places like Proverbs -- to leading all Israel into child sacrifice -- for decades... then returning to God in his old-age he returned to God - became-a-saint wrote Ecclesiastes about the lessons he had learned while wicked and while leading God's chosen nation into rebellion.

King Manasseh - the longest reigning king in Jerusalem, practiced witch craft, lead Israel into such horrible level of rebellion that God said He would never forgive the nation and they would go into captivity no-matter-what. Then at the end of his live Manasseh repented and became a saint - though Israel would not follow him.

1. You seem to have set yourself up as one who had done worse than all of these for reasons I find inexplicable. You have not lead an entire nation into rebellion.

2. You have the wrong view of God's mercy.

3. You have the wrong view of hell.

So while it is true that those who refuse to repent -- do go to hell. (And of course that is the "plan" Satan has for each one of us). It is not true that Jesus joins Satan in that regard or that we must follow Satan no-matter-what.

Why pledge your destiny to Satan when Jesus offers you the way of escape at infinite cost to Himself???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jven79

Jun 23, 2018
Howell, NJ
✟11,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Paul as Saul -- tried to force Christians to renounce their faith and tried to get them killed if they did not agree to it.

Solomon went from "writing the Bible" in places like Proverbs -- to leading all Israel into child sacrifice -- for decades... then returning to God in his old-age he returned to God - became-a-saint wrote Ecclesiastes about the lessons he had learned while wicked and while leading God's chosen nation into rebellion.

King Manasseh - the longest reigning king in Jerusalem, practiced witch craft, lead Israel into such horrible level of rebellion that God said He would never forgive the nation and they would go into captivity no-matter-what. Then at the end of his live Manasseh repented and became a saint - though Israel would not follow him.

1. You seem to have set yourself up as one who had done worse than all of these for reasons I find inexplicable. You have not lead an entire nation into rebellion.

2. You have the wrong view of God's mercy.

3. You have the wrong view of hell.

So while it is true that those who refuse to repent -- do go to hell. (And of course that is the "plan" Satan has for each one of us). It is not true that Jesus joins Satan in that regard or that we must follow Satan no-matter-what.

Why pledge your destiny to Satan when Jesus offers you the way of escape at infinite cost to Himself???
Solomon had children killed? And he went to heaven?

Upvote 0

2tim_215

Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2017
New York
✟105,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Solomon had children killed? And he went to heaven?
I don't think that Solomon had any children sacrificed. <staff edit>, although he did do some things that he shouldn't have.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

2tim_215

Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2017
New York
✟105,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They want to say that the word "touch" means sex in Gen 3:3:
Genesis 3:3 (KJV) But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
If that were truly the case, then it would be taken to mean "neither should you have sex with it" which is ridiculous. It is true that the word "touch" could in fact be interpreted as sex in certain instances, however there are a number of other meanings for that word and it would be quite foolish to pick that one. The Strong's is
H5060 a primitive root; properly to touch, i.e. lay the hand upon (for any purpose; euphemism, to lie with a woman); by implication to reach (figurative to arrive, acquire); violently, to strike (punish, defeat, destroy, etc.) :- beat, (× be able to) bring (down), cast, come (nigh), draw near (nigh), get up, happen, join, near, plague, reach (up), smite, strike, touch.
You see all the different uses of the word and yet those who promote the "so-called" serpent seed pick the one definition that would support that hellish doctrine. We're supposed to believe that Cain was born of Satan's seed when we don't even know if he had that ability to reproduce. The seed being referred to in scripture is spiritual, not natural since Satan is a spiritual being.

Upvote 0

Corinthi

Peace
Feb 26, 2019
Heaven
✟27,373.00
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I have sinned do much and experience periods if divit. I have missed opportunities, to believe. I turned away I feel that burden if guilt. But I am trying to not let that Ego convince me. It's that Ego we should know better. I do not for my Ego speaks. I am struggling with humbling myself, but I have to.

I have brought on my own destruction but I repent daily and struggle. Even understanding the bible. I listen to it.

I know that he is in my heart. I understand but am fighting and hope we can fight together. I am a beginner. Stay blessed

• Prayers
Reactions: Tempura
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums