How would a nuclear war between Russia and the US affect you?

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟93,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The comparison is the judgement of God - not the details.
You try to remove the future "literal events" that will take place on this earth, this earth will be literally destroyed by fire at the return of Jesus Christ in his second coming

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

Was Sodom and Gomorrah "literally" destroyed by God?

Genesis 19:24-25KJV
24 Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven;
25 And he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground.

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟74,872.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Revelation 20:1-6 Isnt A Millennial Kingdom On This Earth, Dont Be Deceived​

Can you find the things claimed by those teaching a Literal 1,000 year Millennial Kingdom On This Earth in Revelation 20:1-6 below?

1.) Physical Earthly Kingdom?
2.) Physical Earthly Throne?
3.) Physical Mortal Humans?

The Above Claims (Don't Exist)
Let me see (below)
Revelation 20:1-6 Is 100% In The Lords (Spiritual) Angel, Heaven, Devil, Satan, The Souls, The Dead, God, Christ

100% Spiritual Realm, No "Literal" Time
I already said that the 1,000 years may be symbolic. Is to the real number, I prefer to wait and see, instead of speculate whether it will be literally a thounsand, or any other time span.
Revelation 20:1-6KJV
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
The thousand years are there.
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
A world without Satan is there.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Since there is no word pro "person" in Hebrew nor Greek, speakers of these languages (including the biblical authors) used other terms to express this concept. One of them is soul (used mainly in the OT, but you can find it also in Rm 13:1). More frequent in the NT is name (be should not believe in a name, but in the person of Christ, whose name is Jesus), another term is ”face“ (the term ”face to face“) can (almost?) every time translated as »personal«).

So we have a reign of the overcoming believers (the persons mentioned in Verse 4) on earth.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
So they reign not over unbelievers (which are still dead), but in a world with only believers in it.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
I changed the emphasis in this verse: You overlooked the word »priests«. A priest makes a connection between mortal men and the gods (on monotheistic religion, i.e. Jewish priests, between men and God). Our priest is Jesus, an we should be priests to the non-believers (leading them to Jesus, the High Priest of the New Covenant). When the overcoming ones are priests, there will also be persons they give a connection to God (whatever that means in detail).

As you see: It is perfect legitimate to interpret Rev 20:1-6 in the way I do. Maybe not in the way you have heard before.

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟74,872.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You try to remove the future "literal events" that will take place on this earth, this earth will be literally destroyed by fire at the return of Jesus Christ in his second coming
It will be literally destroyed. If you (in the manner of the OT prophets) lump together everything after the second coming, you might even say this will be in the second coming of Christ. But the details in revelation show a time gap (less than the gab between the first and the second coming, which was hidden in the OT times -. so no OT prophecy covers the history between the ascension of Jesus and His return).

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟93,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Satan Is Currently Bound For 1,000 Years Explained?​

Satan is "Currently" bound from "One Specific Purpose", And One Only?

"Deceive The Nations" To Battle

The Non-Literal 1,000 Years (Revelation) 20:1-6 Are Taking Place Now In The Lords Spiritual, And Will Cease At The Future Second Coming

If A Tribulation Saint Were To Die One Day Before The Second Coming, He Enters Into The Non-Literal 1,000 Year Reign

Many That Promote Millennialism Falsely Teach, Satan Cant Be Presently Bound Because Evil Exist In The World?

Satan Is Presently Bound As Is Clearly Seen In (Revelation) 20:7-8 Below That Interprets (Deceive The Nations) Is To Battle, Not General Evil In The World Presently.

Satan Is Loosed At The End Of The Tribulation When The 6th Vial Is Poured Out As Seen In (Revelation) 16:12, The Deception Is Devils In False Miracles Going Forth To The Kings Of The Earth, To Gather Them To The Final Battle

(Revelation) 20:1-9KJV
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations
which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

(Revelation) 16:12-14 & (Revelation) 20:7-8 Same Deception In Gathering The Nations To The Very Same Final Battle In "Parallel" Teachings Of The Same Event

(Revelation) 16:12-17KJV
12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟93,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So we have a reign of the overcoming believers (the persons mentioned in Verse 4) on earth.
"False"

The complete depiction of Revelation 20:1-6 is in the Lord's eternal spiritual realm of no time, the believers are "Souls" waiting in the spiritual, your claim they're on the earth is wrong

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟93,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me see (below)

I already said that the 1,000 years may be symbolic. Is to the real number, I prefer to wait and see, instead of speculate whether it will be literally a thounsand, or any other time span.

The thousand years are there.

Since there is no word pro "person" in Hebrew nor Greek, speakers of these languages (including the biblical authors) used other terms to express this concept. One of them is soul (used mainly in the OT, but you can find it also in Rm 13:1). More frequent in the NT is name (be should not believe in a name, but in the person of Christ, whose name is Jesus), another term is ”face“ (the term ”face to face“) can (almost?) every time translated as »personal«).

So they reign not over unbelievers (which are still dead), but in a world with only believers in it.

I changed the emphasis in this verse: You overlooked the word »priests«. A priest makes a connection between mortal men and the gods (on monotheistic religion, i.e. Jewish priests, between men and God). Our priest is Jesus, an we should be priests to the non-believers (leading them to Jesus, the High Priest of the New Covenant). When the overcoming ones are priests, there will also be persons they give a connection to God (whatever that means in detail).

As you see: It is perfect legitimate to interpret Rev 20:1-6 in the way I do. Maybe not in the way you have heard before.
False, you aren't going to erase the "Many" verse in God's words that clearly show that when Jesus returns its (Fire Time-The End)

When Jesus returns it will be fire in final judgment, up in smoke (The End)!

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟74,872.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Satan Is Currently Bound For 1,000 Years Explained?​

I'm confused? So you want to say that Satan is bound by now? THis is nonsense.
"False"

The complete depiction of Revelation 20:1-6 is in the Lord's eternal spiritual realm of no time
This is your interpretation, on which anything else you say is based (e.g. your interpretation of »souls« as spiritual and not persons, as souls are in Rom 13:1).
, the believers are "Souls" waiting in the spiritual, your claim they're on the earth is wrong
It is wrong, if your interpretation is correct. But if your interpretation is not correct, this is true.

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟74,872.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
False, you aren't going to erase the "Many" verse in God's words that clearly show that when Jesus returns its (Fire Time-The End)
Well, there are as many verses in the OT that »clearly« show that when Jesus is borne on earth, there will be peace, that when he is resurrected, all other dead souls will be resurrected, and when he goes to heaven, the visible reign over every nation begins.

I do not erase any verses, I take into account what the bible says, and I do insert a time gab where other biblical passages (or the known reality) demands such an insertion. You cannot claim e.g. from Dan 7:14ff that when Jesus went to heaven, He would reign over all the earth and judge all people …
When Jesus returns it will be fire in final judgment, up in smoke (The End)!
Yes, with the detail that there are 1,000 years within this coming … like as there are up to yet about 2,000 within the ascension and end of our world (era) as described in Dan 7.
You erase Lk 17:26-28.
26 ‘Just as it was in the days of Noah, so also will it be in the days of the Son of Man. 27 People were eating, drinking, marrying and being given in marriage up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed them all. 28 ‘It was the same in the days of Lot. People were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building.

According to your logic, we must expect a flood when Jesus returns, since this is said in Lk 17:27. But the point of comparison is not the nature of the judgement, but the behavior of the people who did not give heed to the signs of time.

And there is even more to say: Since Jesus Himself did not know when He would come again (Mk 13:32), he made no difference between His second coming and the destruction of Jerusalem. So at least part of what He prophesied in Lk 17 was fulfilled in AD 70.

I stuck to what Revelation says, without your spiritualizing interpretation.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟93,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is your interpretation, on which anything else you say is based (e.g. your interpretation of »souls« as spiritual and not persons, as souls are in Rom 13:1).

It is wrong, if your interpretation is correct. But if your interpretation is not correct, this is true.
(The Souls) seen below, are they living on earth, or are they in the Lord's eternal spiritual?

Revelation 6:9-11KJV
9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟74,872.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
(The Souls) seen below, are they living on earth, or are they in the Lord's eternal spiritual?
They are souls that John could see.

According to OT, the soul is in the blood. So probably John saw the blood of the martyrs, and in his figurative language (BTW, a means to hide a message from strangers who read that text, the book was written in times of persecution!) he wrote »blood«.

Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0

Malleeboy

Jul 31, 2021
Melbourne
✟50,247.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Firstly, except when attempting to destroy military targets, most bombs will be air rather than ground, limiting the amount of fallout.
During the cold war we know the USSR did not target any Australian cities, so I doubt Russia has done so now, probably Pine Gap will be targeted, but that is a long way from where any Australians live, they are likely to be very few targets in the southern hemisphere.

So, the initial impact will be watching the impact in other countries, a day of praying for you all and getting ready in case a stray nuke does come out way.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟93,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Firstly, except when attempting to destroy military targets, most bombs will be air rather than ground, limiting the amount of fallout.
During the cold war we know the USSR did not target any Australian cities, so I doubt Russia has done so now, probably Pine Gap will be targeted, but that is a long way from where any Australians live, they are likely to be very few targets in the southern hemisphere.

So, the initial impact will be watching the impact in other countries, a day of praying for you all and getting ready in case a stray nuke does come out way.
I Agree, the southern hemisphere is a safe haven should nuclear war take place, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Argentina, Chile, etc

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟74,872.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I Agree, the southern hemisphere is a safe haven should nuclear war take place, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Argentina, Chile, etc
Well, in case of a massive nuclear wall the South will be affected from radioactive fall-out, so there will be much cancer or even radiation syndrome for a long time.

Worse, he nuclear winter after a war may even come to the southern hemisphere.

And what will the Indians and Chinese do when they realize they will die because of all those nukes detonating in USA and Russia (and very probably, Europe)?

There may be survivors in Australia (depending how intense the nuclear war will be, and perhaps other parameters), but to call it a »safe haven« sounds either naïve or cynical.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟93,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, in case of a massive nuclear wall the South will be affected from radioactive fall-out, so there will be much cancer or even radiation syndrome for a long time.

And what will the Indians and Chinese do when they realize they will die because of all those nukes detonating in USA and Russia (and very probably, Europe)?

There may be survivors in Australia (depending how intense the nuclear war will be, and perhaps other parameters), but to call it a »safe haven« sounds either naïve or cynical.
How about the southern hemisphere will be the last to be directly effected in a nuclear war, are you happy now?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Malleeboy

Jul 31, 2021
Melbourne
✟50,247.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There is limited transfer of atmosphere between the hemispheres. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.3402/tellusa.v14i2.9543

The forecast for nuclear winter for around Melbourne is a drop of 5C on average, quite survivalable. Australia has very drought resistant plants which are largely fire germinated, so can last through long drought and then germinate when brunt etc. Roos can place a embryos in hiatus during tough times.

It is a long way from China to Australia, India is more doable, but the real challenge is more likely Indonesia and PNG. Still rather be in Australia then the Northern Hemisphere.

Upvote 0

olgamc

Mar 10, 2024
Huntsville
✟6,934.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0