How would a nuclear war between Russia and the US affect you?

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟52,126.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Who does? to the contrary, despite some rhetoric, most countries, including Germany, hesitate to answer to the Russian aggression according to international law, give rather symbolic military help to the Ukraine (but rather money).

You do not even mention that Russia started a full-fledged war, after years of de-facto war against Ukraine with some fascist proxies in Eastern Ukraine.

The real warhawk is Putin.
We will have to agree to disagree on several points.

Your use of “international law” is a term that I always find interesting in that I have never come across such law. In reality, it usually just refers to the commercial rules that the US demands that the rest of the rule abides by, at least when these rules suit the US. Within the Western European sphere, it seems that only the governments of Hungary, Serbia and now Slovakia are prepared to place the welfare of their people above that of the demands of the globalists.

With your reference to “Russia starting a full-fledged war”, as to the conflict itself, this was the outcome of US/NATO interference, where the US in particular encouraged the rebels to overthrow the democratically elected government, for one that was being controlled essentially by fascists. I should also point out that there are no Russian troops in Ukraine as Russia is merely pushing out Zelensky's thugs from within what is now Russian territory.

As for Putin, he appears to be the main peace-maker, in that for seven years he attempted to have the Donbass Republics re-unite with Ukraine, but through the betrayal of Ukraine's new President, along with Zelensky’s US/NATO backers this failed to occur.

But of course, I am well aware that most of Europe has always been afraid of Russia which is why many EU leaders seem content to allow Ukraine to fight to the very last Ukrainian.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟93,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who does? to the contrary, despite some rhetoric, most countries, including Germany, hesitate to answer to the Russian aggression according to international law, give rather symbolic military help to the Ukraine (but rather money).

You do not even mention that Russia started a full-fledged war, after years of de-facto war against Ukraine with some fascist proxies in Eastern Ukraine.

The real warhawk is Putin.
The war in Ukraine has been going on since 2014 where the Obama Admin planned the Maidan coup in Kiev in Feb 2014, they replaced the government

The USA would be the sponsor of this war, and they're the Warhawks for the military complex $$$

Reactions: Biblicist
Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟52,126.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The war in Ukraine has been going on since 2014 where the Obama Admin planned the Maidan coup in Kiev in Feb 2014, they replaced the government

The USA would be the sponsor of this war, and they're the Warhawks for the military complex $$$
The crisis in Ukraine has certainly sent numerous shock waves throughout the world, impacting not only Ukraine itself but also the global community. If the US had not pushed for the revolution in Ukraine, we most likely would have seen the Ukrainians themselves deciding if they wanted to move into the EU’s sphere of influence.

But with the overthrow of the democratically elected government, by forces that were heavily comprised of fascists and even neo-nazis, we now see Ukraine being governed by a regime that is little more than a bunch of hooligans. With the subsequent persecution of Ukraine’s Russophiles, this forced the mainly Russian population of Crimea to quickly vote to rejoin back to Russia, then we had the ongoing Ukrainian persecution (genocide?) within the Donbas Republics which saw them return to Russia as well.

If the maniac Zelensky held to his pre-election promises to work with the aggrieved people of the Donbas Republics and that he agreed to stay away from NATO, then the world as we now know it would be a far safer place to live in.

Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟206,274.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
How would a nuclear war between Russia and the US affect you?

Simulation and Explanation Youtube 4:08
It's extremely unlikely that any of the countries which posses nuclear weapons will ever get involved in a large scale nuclear war. As this would mean complete antihalation for them as well as the enemy. I don't think any of the leaders are willing to commit a murder suicide, nobody would allow psychopaths like that to lead their country.
So we can rest assured that won't happen, however there is a real risk that Russia will use tactical nuclear weapons. These are much smaller nuclear weapons which can be used in localized battles, so they don't cause widespread destruction. they can takeout towns and small cities.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟52,126.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It's extremely unlikely that any of the countries which posses nuclear weapons will ever get involved in a large scale nuclear war. As this would mean complete antihalation for them as well as the enemy. I don't think any of the leaders are willing to commit a murder suicide, nobody would allow psychopaths like that to lead their country.
So we can rest assured that won't happen, however there is a real risk that Russia will use tactical nuclear weapons. These are much smaller nuclear weapons which can be used in localized battles, so they don't cause widespread destruction. they can takeout towns and small cities.
That was a very good post, though the video related more to long-range ballistic weapons than to low-yield nuclear weapons.

Over the past five years, the Russians have developed and released some impressive and terrifying nuclear weapons, where their low-yield weapons can easily be used against armies, naval task forces and air bases.

As only Russia and possibly China currently have hypersonic glide-vehicles, which are used to transport both nuclear and non-nuclear weapons, as the US could be maybe a decade away from developing their own systems, this means that if Russia decided that the US and NATO have gone too far with their support of Ukraine, that Russia could very easily take out say a US carrier battle group that is located far enough away from Europe which would of course reduce any risk of nuclear fallout.

As such a stealth attack using a Poseidon nuclear torpedo would provide no prior warning, would the US be prepared to launch an all-out Ballistic assault, or would they try and publicly play down such an event as being a tragic accident?

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟206,274.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
That was a very good post, though the video related more to long-range ballistic weapons than to low-yield nuclear weapons.

Over the past five years, the Russians have developed and released some impressive and terrifying nuclear weapons, where their low-yield weapons can easily be used against armies, naval task forces and air bases.

As onl Russia and possibly China currently have hypersonic glide-vehicles, which are used to transport both nuclear and non-nuclear weapons, as the US could be maybe a decade away from developing their own systems, this means that if Russia decided that the US and NATO have gone too far with their support of Ukraine, that Russia could very easily take out say a US carrier battle group that is located far enough away from Europe which would of course reduce any risk of nuclear fallout.

As such a stealth attack using a Poseidon nuclear torpedo would provide no prior warning, would the US be prepared to launch an all-out Ballistic assault, or would they try and publicly play down such an event as being a tragic accident?
I saw a documentary about 8 years ago, which revealed the number of nuclear submarines roaming the deep in the oceans. I don't remember the exact combined number but they said that the combined submarines had enough nuclear weapons on them to destroy the entire population of the earth 10 times over.

They said the submarines were equipped with some kind of system that made them invisible to radar, so they could be parked deep in the ocean off the coast of the enemy countries. They could quickly come close to the surface and unleash their deadly arsenal on their targets. So the all out nuclear war scenario, doesn't rely on hypersonic long range missiles. The US submarines can annihilate Russia within 5-10 minutes

I saw a magazine called "MAD" at a news stand some years ago, the MAD stood for Mutually Assured Destruction. The cold war never really ended, we're still on the brink. I personally believe that nuclear weapons have been a peace making instrument, since everyone is fully aware that there would be no winner if they went down that path to hell. JFK, said in reference to a nuclear war (the fruits of victory, would be ashes in our mouth).

The US has been using missiles, with depleted uranium tips for decades, they used them in Iraq, Kosovo, Afghanistan and possibly Syria. Those are just small portable missiles, but they do a lot of damage. The other end of the scale are the giant missiles, which have many war heads on them. I saw the comparison with those dropped on Japan and it made them look like toys in comparison to what we have today.

I'm quietly confident that Putin and Biden, are not willing to go out with a bang. But there's still the chance of some kind of software error to trigger an extinction level big bang

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟74,862.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Your use of “international law” is a term that I always find interesting in that I have never come across such law.
This law consists of international treatues, e.e. the UN charter.
it seems that only the governments of Hungary, Serbia and now Slovakia are prepared to place the welfare of their people above that of the demands of the globalists.
Oh, you forgot the United kingdom. It took the felt welfare of the British people above the internationalism of the EU, and the result show that the real way to maintain this welfare is the »internationalist« agenda.

With your reference to “Russia starting a full-fledged war”, as to the conflict itself, this was the outcome of US/NATO interference
Thats not that clear as you suggest.
, where the US in particular encouraged the rebels to overthrow the democratically elected government
A government that out of a sudden refused to sign an agreement that had been negotiated and agreed upon, all evidence shows this was because of massive Russian pressure, and the »rebels« protested against such pressure.
, for one that was being controlled essentially by fascists.
This is a lie.
There are fascists in the Ukraine, as in every country (when the Russian propaganda spread photos from Ukrainian fascists, some of the pictures turned out to be made in Russia), but the fascist party lost most of its seatsd in the last election (and it never had a majority in the parliament).

On the other hand, Russia got more and more fascist, there is a Swiss page (in German) which shows that Putin is a textbook fascist.
I should also point out that there are no Russian troops in Ukraine as Russia is merely pushing out Zelensky's thugs from within what is now Russian territory.
Just annex what you have conquered, so the army of the country you stole this land from can be called »thugs« - do you really believe that?

One step toward WW II was a British assurance to Poland - a reaction to (I use your terminology) the presence of German troops on German soil that formerly (until 15th of March, 1939) belonged to Czechoslovakia. So Great Britain has to be blamed for WW II, since Germany was a peaceful nation and only forced to war because of the British (and Frewnch) aggression against Germany (and do not forget the Polish aggression, as mentioned in the speech of Hitler on the 1st of September, 1939!).
As for Putin, he appears to be the main peace-maker, in that for seven years he attempted to have the Donbass Republics re-unite with Ukraine
He did that by supporting the Donbass Fascists, even gave them rockets, one destroyed a civil Malaysian aircraft … such things made people believe he was not peaceful - Putin thus had the same fate as Hitler …
But of course, I am well aware that most of Europe has always been afraid of Russia
No. Eastern Europe was afraid of Russia, therefore they all wanted to join NATO (and as a result of the attack against the Ukraine, even Finland and Sweden, which for a long time were proud of their neutrality, entered NATO). Western Europe was not afraid - definitely not the German government, which clung to bnorthstream-2 until the very start of the war.

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟74,862.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Any evidence it was planned, and not a spontaneous reaction to the political turnaround of the government?

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟93,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lithuania, Poland, and France all have troops in limited numbers in Ukraine, its present news that Putin has declared this as a threat to Russia, and I agree it might be very close to tactical nuclear weapons directly related to these NATO countries

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟93,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Any evidence it was planned, and not a spontaneous reaction to the political turnaround of the government?

The Ukraine Mess That Nuland Made

Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland engineered Ukraine’s regime change without weighing the likely consequences.
By Robert Parry ,Published July 15, 2015

Assistant Secretary of State for European Affairs “Toria” Nuland was the “mastermind” behind the Feb. 22, 2014 “regime change” in Ukraine, plotting the overthrow of the democratically elected government of President Viktor Yanukovych while convincing the ever-gullible US mainstream media that the coup wasn’t really a coup but a victory for “democracy.”

Assistant Secretary of State for European Affairs Victoria Nuland, who pushed for the Ukraine coup and helped pick the post-coup leaders.

To sell this latest neocon-driven “regime change” to the American people, the ugliness of the coup-makers had to be systematically airbrushed, particularly the key role of neo-Nazis and other ultra-nationalists from the Right Sektor. For the US-organized propaganda campaign to work, the coup-makers had to wear white hats, not brown shirts.

In Ukraine, Nuland and her neocon and liberal-interventionist friends saw the chance to poke Putin in the eye by encouraging violent protests to overthrow Russia-friendly President Yanukovych and put in place a new regime hostile to Moscow.

The Nuland/Pyatt Leacked Phone Call Planning Ukraines Replacement Government

Neuland and Pyatt were working with the political resistance before the coup took place in 2014 as is clearly shown in the released audio recording to mention one, and yes they were instrumental in installing the hostile government after the 2014 coup

BBC

Ukraine crisis: Transcript of leaked Nuland-Pyatt call​

7 February 2014

The Guardian

It's not Russia that's pushed Ukraine to the brink of war​

The attempt to lever Kiev into the western camp by ousting an elected leader made conflict certain. It could be a threat to us all

30 Apr 2014

The threat of war in Ukraine is growing. As the unelected government in Kiev declares itself unable to control the rebellion in the country's east, John Kerry brands Russia a rogue state. The US and the European Union step up sanctions against the Kremlin, accusing it of destabilising Ukraine. The White House is reported to be set on a new cold war policy with the aim of turning Russia into a "pariah state".

Last edited:
Reactions: Biblicist
Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟206,274.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Lithuania, Poland, and France all have troops in limited numbers in Ukraine, its present news that Putin has declared this as a threat to Russia, and I agree it might be very close to tactical nuclear weapons directly related to these NATO countries
I knew there were Private Mercenary Soldiers, in the Ukraine but I didn't know that National Troops from those countries are directly involved in combat roles. That's very bad news, as it could be seen as a provocation by the Russians, who have resisted the temptation to go all out thus far.

Everyone is hoping for a de-escalation and some kind of diplomatic solution but it looks like we're heading towards the worst case scenario.

I remember Putin saying that it was going to be a short military operation, where the Russians would achieve their goal in a few weeks. What we have now is the opposite, as the conflict is spirals towards an all out war between Russia, the US and NATO.

If this war does escalate into a Russia US and NATO war, it will be a catastrophic war, even they don't use any tactical nuclear weapons. They have enough conventional weapons between them, to wipe out millions.

It looks like, neither Russia or Ukraine are willing to give an inch of disputed territory. This conflict wouldn't have come about, if the terms and conditions for Ukrainian independence were settled when the USSR collapsed. I'm not sure what they agreed on back then, but it sounds like they left a lot of unresolved issues which have come back to bite them.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟93,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I knew there were Private Mercenary Soldiers, in the Ukraine but I didn't know that National Troops from those countries are directly involved in combat roles. That's very bad news, as it could be seen as a provocation by the Russians, who have resisted the temptation to go all out thus far.

Everyone is hoping for a de-escalation and some kind of diplomatic solution but it looks like we're heading towards the worst case scenario.

I remember Putin saying that it was going to be a short military operation, where the Russians would achieve their goal in a few weeks. What we have now is the opposite, as the conflict is spirals towards an all out war between Russia, the US and NATO.

If this war does escalate into a Russia US and NATO war, it will be a catastrophic war, even they don't use any tactical nuclear weapons. They have enough conventional weapons between them, to wipe out millions.

It looks like, neither Russia or Ukraine are willing to give an inch of disputed territory. This conflict wouldn't have come about, if the terms and conditions for Ukrainian independence were settled when the USSR collapsed. I'm not sure what they agreed on back then, but it sounds like they left a lot of unresolved issues which have come back to bite them.
Fact is Russia is fighting the western world in a proxy war, the UK supplied the missiles that have attacked Russia, UK Prime Minister "Cameron" recently has openly stated Ukraine can use its missiles to attack Russia, that's a declaration of war in my opinion?

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟206,274.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Fact is Russia is fighting the western world in a proxy war, the UK supplied the missiles that have attacked Russia, UK Prime Minister "Cameron" recently has openly stated Ukraine can use its missiles to attack Russia, that's a declaration of war in my opinion?
The entire western world is fighting a proxy war against Russia. We could also say that every tax payer in the western world is fighting a proxy war against Russia, whether they like it or not. As a tax payer, I don't get a say in what my government does with the money. The truth is, I don't even know why this war was started.
The mainstream media, always demonizes Vladimir Putin and accuses him of being to blame for the war, while most of the independent news sources, blame the US and NATO for escalating the conflict by supporting Ukraine and imposing conditions on Russia Federation which they know are unacceptable to them.

I would love to be optimistic and say that I have confidence that a diplomatic solution will be found, to end the war. But all the signs suggest that we can expect to see it continue to escalate, into a full scale East and West war.

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟74,862.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Lithuania, Poland, and France all have troops in limited numbers in Ukraine
I have a somewhat different list:
UK: 50
Latvia: 17
Fance: 15
USA: 14
Netherlands: 1

Less than 100 persons, and the numbers are said to be partly manipulated by Russia.

The US soldiers are there to protect the embassy.
its present news that Putin has declared this as a threat to Russia
Did he want to say the the Russian army could be defeated by 100 man, or was this propaganda?
and I agree it might be very close to tactical nuclear weapons directly related to these NATO countries
No, I think this is propaganda.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums