"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟273,876.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been advised to buy gold and Silver to Prep for the coming collapse of the dollar. Even as the dollar is losing its value and President Biden has said that there will be food shortages, I am wondering what to do to prepare financially for this coming collapse and shortages. Please advise if gold and Silver are wise to invest in?

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟928,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have been advised to buy gold and Silver to Prep for the coming collapse of the dollar. Even as the dollar is losing its value and President Biden has said that there will be food shortages, I am wondering what to do to prepare financially for this coming collapse and shortages. Please advise if gold and Silver are wise to invest in?

If things fell apart and I wanted to sell some thing, I don't think I'd take a gold coin or part of one because I have no way to test if it's real. Maybe have some of that stuff, but prepping to me is more about having guns, ammo, and lots of food that will last a long time, water stored in barrels, ways to get water, and how to make electricity.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟589,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, Gentle Lamb :) First, I note this thread is in the "Requests for Christian Advice" section. So, this is not a debate thread, nor a Christian Preppers safe house. And I do not mean to debate, here, nor to criticize the preppers.
I have been advised to buy gold and Silver to Prep for the coming collapse of the dollar.
I believe God wants us to personally seek Him for His guiding in everything. He knows what is really going to happen, and what to do. So, now I am simply trusting God to do what He pleases with me.

And I do not have any commitment about gold or silver.

Invest in being able to make sure with God about this and other things.

Even as the dollar is losing its value and President Biden has said that there will be food shortages, I am wondering what to do to prepare financially for this coming collapse and shortages.
President Biden might and/or might not know what he is talking about. And I am not a personal Christian witness to the things a lot of people are claiming; often it seems ones are making claims according to the say-so of people they do not even know, and they are not experts about or witnesses to the things others are claiming and talking about. So, I give it a rest and trust God.

Jesus has said not to lay up in store for the future, but trust how our Father guarantees He will take care of us. So, invest in being able to submit to God so at any moment you can do exactly what He guides you to do > then, in any situation . . . simply do exactly what God has you do, including obey how He takes care of you :)

Please advise if gold and Silver are wise to invest in?
If God has you invest in gold and silver, enjoy seeing what comes of this; my opinion is you should do your own research, and be careful which sources you use and trust; and how really can you know who to trust, unless God who knows guides you according to what He knows?

But, in case American money goes down the toilet . . . where will that gold and silver be? Will you be able to get it so you can use it? Will it be stored where thieves can break in and steal it? If corruption can bring down money, will it be possible for corrupt people also to somehow get to your precious metals??

And even if you can use it, will anybody accept it? I mean . . . maybe to be more or less silly > if you saved up fifty pounds of gold, and filed off a few dollars worth of it and came to me to buy something from me . . . would I be likely to accept your gold powder?

As you hopefully can see, I am dumb on this subject! But I suppose that in order for gold and silver to work, there would need to be some sort of system in place for how to use it. How would you prove it really is gold or silver, in case this proof would be needed? You would need some way to sell it off, perhaps exchanging it for . . . m o n e y . . . or some sort of certification paperwork so ones you do business with could relate with what you are using to buy things and hire people.

You can learn how to produce food, then you can use what you produce to trade for things you need. And I suppose goats can be quite sustainable, since they can thrive on weeds. From them you can have meat, clothing, milk, and run a goat lease thing for clearing people's properties. You could work with someone already established in this.

But chickens could depend on your being able to buy feed, and it seems there can be sanitary things you need to know, for having chickens. So, if money got in trouble . . . chickens could be difficult, except you might trade eggs and chickens for feed.

And you could learn to cook dishes for catering; you could barter dishes made from your sustainable raising of animals, plus you simply could help needy people. This might work even when money is in trouble. And as a Christian, I think God would have us using our sustainable food sources to help others who need food.

And invest in how to relate in God's way with various people, including during hard times. I would not isolate myself so others can't get near me.

And learn automotive and other equipment maintenance and repair stuff; this could be worth more than money or gold or silver. And various handy skills for homes and living well outdoors can be worth more than money, and can be readily available so you can freely help others who don't have money or whatever. And your abilities of God are free, right? . . . so they don't cost you anything to share them with others.

So, in prepping . . . be ready for loving! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,115,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Gold is good for hedging against inflation; but if your were hungry, and fiat currency was devalued through hyperinflation; would you give up a gold coin for a chicken? If not, would you accept hyperinflated fiat currency for change? Silver coins are much more practical for trade; but if everyone is hungry, silver won't do them much good. Practical things are much more valuable. When the Soviet Union fell; nails were valuable. If electricity is down; and the supply chain is down; people need to find new ways of doing things. Nails are very useful when it comes to constructing new ways of doing things. In the end, nothing you can buy, or trade, is more valuable than food and water, if supply is limited. Gold and silver are useful after the supply chain is restored.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟664,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Dollars are a currency to buy things. When the value of the dollar drops, it takes more of them to buy things. Therefore, if you want to preserve wealth, buy things with your dollars while they're still good. Gold and silver are things. If the dollar loses most of its value, gold and silver would then cost many more dollars. So would everything else. Therefore, the first thing to do is stock up on anything you know you'll eventually need. Food is a major one. Canned foods have shelf life of several years. Can't go wrong there! But gold and silver are thought of as a "money alternative" because they are small and portable, and therefore easy to carry and trade with.
Oh sure, people will say, "Yeah, but you can't eat gold!". But it's nearly $2,000 an oz. for good reason. And if the dollar lost half it's value, gold would then cost $4,000, and somebody somewhere will be willing to pay you that.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟392,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am wondering what to do to prepare financially for this coming collapse and shortages.

May I suggest two things.

1/, don't believe all the hype about the collapse the the world economy.

Yes we are in a difficult economic situation, but it will even out.

2/ If you are worried then stock pile a weeks worth of canned food and have a small hoard of cash, note coins etc.

Prices will rise, people will panic, we can trust our God.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Last year I bought two vacant lots within three miles of a Walmart. It might be a real estate bubble, but I worried about hyperinflation with all the Federal deficits. The Louisiana Purchase was bought for $15 million or four cents an acre in 1803. In 1867 the U.S. bought Alaska for $7.2 million.

I have a few ounces of gold in a bank vault. Would not keep valuables in my home.

Company stock price growth sometimes exceeded the growth of inflation. Some stocks pay a dividend. In a good year a company will raise the dividend. In a good year I made money in the stock market.

An apple seed might grow to become a tree producing many apples. They are close to $2.00 a pound in some areas. Apple slices may be freeze dried.

It is good to invest in trying to learn Jesus’ messages and not trust in cash.

Reactions: Gentle Lamb
Upvote 0

timf

Jun 12, 2011
✟79,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Prepping depends on what you see in the future. If you see high inflation but essentially a continuation of our present economic system, then gold, silver, land, or other fixed asset could be a wise investment.

However, if you see a sort of South Africa in the future, then having gold and silver makes you a target.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟574,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know many are recommending precious metals as a hedge against inflation. And that is wise if you know you are coming out the other side of inflation into the same paradigm that was there before inflation.
But I am wondering if there is something coming that will ruin that plan. I am sure that most of us have heard about the "great reset." I am not a conspiracy person, Lord knows there is enough to prepare for without the grand evil plans coming down upon us. It just seems that so much of what we seeing is being done on purpose. Where there is purpose there is plan. That plan might be to divest us of all possessions. Those possessions would include all land, homes, private property, and of course: precious metals.
You can find more and better information on the "great reset" elsewhere. Just study and be wise. Hoping you are prosperous and your family safe and healthy! :pray::pray::pray:

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟664,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I know many are recommending precious metals as a hedge against inflation. And that is wise if you know you are coming out the other side of inflation into the same paradigm that was there before inflation.
But I am wondering if there is something coming that will ruin that plan. I am sure that most of us have heard about the "great reset." I am not a conspiracy person, Lord knows there is enough to prepare for without the grand evil plans coming down upon us. It just seems that so much of what we seeing is being done on purpose. Where there is purpose there is plan. That plan might be to divest us of all possessions. Those possessions would include all land, homes, private property, and of course: precious metals.
You can find more and better information on the "great reset" elsewhere. Just study and be wise. Hoping you are prosperous and your family safe and healthy! :pray::pray::pray:

I hear ya! But as a commentator recently pointed out, somebody is going to own the land, homes, etc., even if we no longer do. Supposedly, we'll be renting it from whoever owns it, which will most likely be either the government, or multi-billion dollar corporations that are currently buying up land and homes all over the country. But either way, the individual people will continue to need what they need, and will need a means of exchange. Someone will have something someone else needs, and vice versa. That's where barter comes in. Gold is simply a metal--a rare and very useful one. As long as electronics use it (silver too), it will be needed. Same goes for any other metal, or any other object.
The only way for nothing to have any monetary value is for nothing to be either useful or desirable anymore. Food will never be one of those things as long as people have stomachs.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟273,876.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes the dollar will crash. We’re moving to digital currency and they’re promoting CBDC — Central Bank Digital Currency.

Dr. Pippa Malmgren at World Government Summit 2022

A new world is forming, not by design, but by default … the financial system in the industrialized world was already broken when the recent wars broke out - trade wars, the Russian invasion of Ukraine, and the war on the COVID virus. The solutions require a new set of rules’

This is scary. With this in mind is it worth it to buy silver or gold?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟664,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is scary. With this in mind is it worth it to buy silver or gold?

It depends on what else you have. First, make sure you have the things that you'll need in the near future; the things that you'd expect the gold and silver to be able to be used as money to buy. Things like food, shelter supplies, gasoline, emergency heat and lighting ability, transportation. Use your money to stock up on those things first. Then what you have left could be put toward those metals as a way of protecting you from a collapse, or even a discontinuance of the dollar. Then if you have an ounce of gold, it would still be worth $2,000 and is worth 2000x as much as a $1 loaf of bread. But if you keep the $2,000 in cash, it would be worth either nothing, or whatever the new "system" decided to give you for it in exchange for their new digital substitute.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟664,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Is that practical for your circumstances? Have you secured shelter, food, reduced debt, etc. Gold is a valuable investment but its secondary if other things aren’t in place.

For example, we’re grappling with food shortages and rising prices. How are you addressing it? Do you have a significant supply on hand? Six months, one year, or more? You needn’t answer. The point is begin with immediate needs and work backwards.

Focus on skill development too. Supplement cooking with baking and bread making. Learn canning and preserving. Try your hand at sewing, knitting and so on. The goal is building proficiency that allows you to adapt with minor discomfort.

The more you can do from scratch the easier it will be as things tighten.

Here's my favorite site that spells out the ABC's of prepping. Lots of articles, lists, reviews of items, and how-to tips: The Prepared - Common sense emergency preparedness

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If society crashes and there's no law and order, it can be pretty much impossible to survive in any big or even small city. You would have to have some property way way out in the middle of nowhere and have an underground bunker. Best not to have any top side buildings. That would need to be fully stocked with everything needed for as long as you need to live there.

Otherwise, there's going to be groups and gangs searching for supplies and a lone person or family just won't be able to stop them. That's where lots of prayer comes in...

I'm near a large city and in a home but that isn't defendable unless some of the neighbors join together.

Anyways, back to how to prep. The basics are stock the things needed to live and have a LOT of them and have a plan to keep others from taking them.

• Agree
Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0