How many Gentiles and Samaritans could have been saved if Jesus would have sent some disciples there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,738,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
These twelve Jesus sent out after instructing them: “Do not go in the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter any city of the Samaritans; but rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
— Matthew 10:5-6

So here we have Jesus deliberately telling His disciples to not go to the Gentiles nor the Samaritans. How many Gentiles and Samaritans could have been saved if Jesus would have sent some disciples there?

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟286,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
These twelve Jesus sent out after instructing them: “Do not go in the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter any city of the Samaritans; but rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

So here we have Jesus deliberately telling His disciples to not go to the Gentiles nor the Samaritans. How many Gentiles and Samaritans could have been saved if Jesus would have sent some disciples there?
There is no way to know the answer to that question, especially because all of the Gentiles and Samaritans who would have been saved if Jesus had sent his disciples out to them first could have been saved because Jesus sent his disciples out to the Jews first. God's law is how Jews knew to live blessed lives by walking in His way (Psalms 119:1-3), so the way to inherit the promise through faith of being a blessing to the nations is by teaching the nations to turn from their wickedness and how to walk in God's way (Acts 3:25-26), and Jews have this role of being a light to the nations, so the Gospel went out to the Jew first and then the Gentiles (Romans 1:16) so that Jews could have the opportunity to fulfill it. This is also why Jesus later commissioned his disciples to go out to the nations (Matthew 28:16-20).

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,738,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Gentiles could always become a proselyte ....
But the question really is .....How many Gentiles have been save becasue Jesus did act!
I for one am thankful
How could they have been saved if Jesus said to exclude them?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,738,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
There is no way to know the answer to that question, especially because all of the Gentiles and Samaritans who would have been saved if Jesus had sent his disciples out to them first could have been saved because Jesus sent his disciples out to the Jews first. God's law is how Jews knew to live blessed lives by walking in His way (Psalms 119:1-3), so the way to inherit the promise through faith of being a blessing to the nations is by teaching the nations to turn from their wickedness and how to walk in God's way (Acts 3:25-26), and Jews have this role of being a light to the nations, so the Gospel went out to the Jew first and then the Gentiles (Romans 1:16) so that Jews could have the opportunity to fulfill it. This is also why Jesus later commissioned his disciples to go out to the nations (Matthew 28:16-20).
But by then, there would have been Gentiles and Samaritans that died before they could be reached.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

He had to go to Israel first...

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟204,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

The wrath that was coming upon Jew's under the law, was not upon the uncircumcised. The disciples of Jesus administered John's baptism under Christ.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,738,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
He had to go to Israel first...
But I’ve been told in various threads that Jesus loves everyone the same, and it would make God unjust if He didn’t try to save everyone.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟254,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-​

None were lost, this going out was not about telling people how to receive eternal life salvation.

This was about going out to present Jesus as The Promised Messiah and that The Kingdom was here. All that had to be done was to believe by the Jews, Jesus was The Promised Messiah.

Reactions: John G.
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,738,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
-​

None were lost, this going out was not about telling people how to receive eternal life salvation.

This was about going out to present Jesus as The Promised Messiah and that The Kingdom was here. All that had to be done was to believe by the Jews, Jesus was The Promised Messiah.
Wasn’t He here to seek and save the lost?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟64,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
John 10:16 And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd. (ESV)

Jesus came as the Jews' long anticipated Messiah but they didn't accept Him. But He knew that he came as Savior to the Gentiles also. He knew that Gentiles would be saved, He knew which would be saved, just as He knows today.

Reactions: John G.
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟254,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Wasn’t He here to seek and save the lost?

The first advent Jesus came 1. to offer The Kingdom of God to the nation of Israel and 2. He came to die and to be resurrected to take away the sin of the world.

The first one was not accomplished at that time but the second one was.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,738,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
John 10:16 And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd. (ESV)

Jesus came as the Jews' long anticipated Messiah but they didn't accept Him. But He knew that he came as Savior to the Gentiles also. He knew that Gentiles would be saved, He knew which would be saved, just as He knows today.
I agree. But what about those Gentiles who died after the disciples went out?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,738,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The first advent Jesus came 1. to offer The Kingdom of God to the nation of Israel and 2. He came to die and to be resurrected to take away the sin of the world.

The first one was not accomplished at that time but the second one was.
My Bible says

For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.”
— Luke 19:10

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟286,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
But by then, there would have been Gentiles and Samaritans that died before they could be reached.
There was a small window during which some Gentiles and Samaritans, but we don't if any did, if any how many, or if there were some, how many of those would have been saved if Jesus had sent his disciples to them first. We also don't know how many more serve saved because Jesus sent his disciples to Jews first. The Gospel was made known in advance to Abraham (Galatians 3:8), which he taught to those in Haran in accordance with the promise (Genesis 12:1-5), so those died could have also heard the Gospel from other sources.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,738,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
There was a small window during which some Gentiles and Samaritans, but we don't if any did, if any how many, or if there were some, how many of those would have been saved if Jesus had sent his disciples to them first. We also don't know how many more serve saved because Jesus sent his disciples to Jews first. The Gospel was made known in advance to Abraham (Galatians 3:8), which he taught to those in Haran in accordance with the promise (Genesis 12:1-5), so those died could have also heard the Gospel from other sources.
I guess my point is that He didn’t try, and I’ve been told that God at least tries to save everyone, but not everyone chooses to believe.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟254,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
My Bible says

For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.”
— Luke 19:10

Well it is easy to select a section of a verse and take it out of context to bolster up your theology.

If you will observe your Bible (as you call it) better. It is seen, all verses in Matthew before chapter 12 is about Jesus freely healing and doing miricles for The Nation of Israel. So the nation would accept Jesus as The Promised Messiah. But after 12 when He Jesus was rejected because the leaders stated Jesus did His miracles by demonic means, instead of The power of God. Jesus ministry changes and He begans to pepare his disciples for a new ministry.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,738,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Well it is easy to select a section of a verse and take it out of context to bolster up your theology.

If you will observe your Bible (as you call it) better. It is seen, all verses in Matthew before chapter 12 is about Jesus freely healing and doing miricles for The Nation of Israel. So the nation would accept Jesus as The Promised Messiah. But after 12 when He Jesus was rejected because the leaders stated Jesus did His miracles by demonic means, instead of The power of God. Jesus ministry changes and He begans to pepare his disciples for a new ministry.
Are you saying that He didn’t come to seek and save the lost?

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟286,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I guess my point is that He didn’t try, and I’ve been told that God at least tries to save everyone, but not everyone chooses to believe.
Are you expecting Jesus to have appeared before everyone of the planet to tell them to repent of the Kingdom of God is at hand?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,738,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Are you expecting Jesus to have appeared before everyone of the planet to tell them to repent of the Kingdom of God is at hand?
No, I’m asking why, if Jesus loves everyone and wants everyone saved (as I’ve been told), did He forbid the disciples to go to the Gentiles and Samaritans.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.