Visit site
✟10,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
But onwards, the word 'Homosexual' was not coined until the 1820s so it could NOT have been used as a translation of 'Arsenkoites.'

That is a red-herring. Arsenokoitai refers to men who have sex with men.

As for your references Brennin, what were they and are they peer-reviewed?

I already provided two sources. I will not post them again. (I may post addition sources later.)

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This may come as a shock to you, Floatingaxe, but NONE of what you say above can be verified. You can refer to 'the Holy scriptures', 'God's word', 'His truth', etc. etc. but you CANNOT prove that the Bible is any more than the words of men. You ask someone to use the scriptures to PROVE that the scriptures are the truth or false ...now, if that isn't circular reasoning I don't know what is. Do you not realize how silly that is?

I'm not saying that the Bible is not the word of God but I'm not saying that it is either. I just DON'T KNOW whether it's the word of God and neither do you. All I DO know is that God sure didn't write the Bible and there is absolutely no way YOU can prove that He did. At the end of the day all of your scriptural rant is really quite useless and even annoying to some people who don't rely simply on blind faith as you do. They require hard evidence. This does not make them bad people. Understand?

I know--that's the assurance one can have with the Holy Spirit (God Himself) living within. It is eyes-wide-open faith and revelation!

I ask people to prove their points using scripture or prove my points false using scripture because as this is CHRISTIAN FORUMS, and CHRISTIAN PHILOSOPHY & ETHICS, we are discussing homosexual issues mostly among those who call themselves CHRISTIANS.

Understand?

Upvote 0

Brennin

Wielder of the Holy Cudgel of Faith
Aug 2, 2005
California
Visit site
✟10,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Nope, not at all. At the most a rejection of YOUR INTERPRETATION of truth.

On this topic, her "interpretation" of the truth is congruent with God's truth. Whereas, yours is not.

Upvote 0

D.W.Washburn

The Artist Formerly Known as RegularGuy
Mar 31, 2007
United States
✟24,908.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
On this topic, her "interpretation" of the truth is congruent with God's truth. Whereas, yours is not.

Or is her interpretation of the truth congruent with your interpretation of God's truth?

Oh my...I'm getting dizzy.

Reactions: MsVicki
Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

But how do you KNOW that it's God's truth? And, if it is, why is it presented in such a pompous manner? One surely cancels out the other.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Que?

This entire thread seems to be devoted to people showing you your error. That you can hold your fingers in your ears for so long is staggering. I'd be impressed, if it weren't so childish.

This thread is not about that. The error is believing that homosexuality is good. God says it is abominable.

Who has their fingers in their ears here???

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Oh, I'm afraid they do actually Brennin.

But onwards, the word 'Homosexual' was not coined until the 1820s so it could NOT have been used as a translation of 'Arsenkoites.' It was translated as 'Abusers of themselves', ie masturbation. As for your references Brennin, what were they and are they peer-reviewed?

All hype put forth by The Agenda.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
May I ask what you find is unloving? Surely disagreeing with you cannot be construed as unloving can it?

The question is not aimed at me but I would say that it depends on who is doing the disagreeing. One can generally determine what is presented in a loving manner and what is presented in a self-righteous manner. We have both types on this subforum. Surely you can see this?

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
But how do you KNOW that it's God's truth? And, if it is, why is it presented in such a pompous manner? One surely cancels out the other.

Pompous? I see your prejudicial attacks of me personally as extremely pompous...:doh:Does that cancel out anything?

Next!

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This thread is not about that. The error is believing that homosexuality is good. God says it is abominable.
Not so. The men who wrote the Bible said that God said that sodomy is an abomination. They also said that God said that lying is an abomination. They also said that God said that profaning the Sabbath is an abomination. They also said that God said . . .
Who has their fingers in their ears here???
I think that THIS 'yelling' is an example of 'unloving' that I referred to in my previous post.

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Pompous? I see your prejudicial attacks of me personally as extremely pompous...:doh:Does that cancel out anything?

Next!

Oh, I'm sure your posts have a wonderful and warm Christian influence on people, Floatingaxe. Just ignore me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The question is not aimed at me but I would say that it depends on who is doing the disagreeing. One can generally determine what is presented in a loving manner and what is presented in a self-righteous manner. We have both types on this subforum. Surely you can see this?

We have here those who seek to glorify sin and then we have those who declare the truth about the spiritual error they are making, in obedience to Christ.

Those who are praising the sin are offended at the truth, as the Lord tells us will happen. The manner or tone that is offensive comes from the side defending sin.

It's the nature of the beast.

The only time there will be good discussion is when there is true conviction of sin that occurs, and then the ensuing repentance--God's desire! :prayer:

Upvote 0

HaloHope

May 25, 2007
✟9,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Another rejection of biblical truth...

How? As far as I recall I don't mention Jesus being offensive, sure he said things that may offend people but he did so in a loving manner, not in the way done here.

Funnily enough cant remember him telling homosexuals they were various unpleasent names used by users on this board... oh hang on thats because he never talked about homosexuality (a word that didnt even exsist in the world at the time incidentally) ever.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Not so. The men who wrote the Bible said that God said that sodomy is an abomination. They also said that God said that lying is an abomination. They also said that God said that profaning the Sabbath is an abomination. They also said that God said . . .

I think that THIS 'yelling' is an example of 'unloving' that I referred to in my previous post.

Pure silliness.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
How? As far as I recall I don't mention Jesus being offensive, sure he said things that may offend people but he did so in a loving manner, not in the way done here.

Funnily enough cant remember him telling homosexuals they were various unpleasent names used by users on this board... oh hang on thats because he never talked about homosexuality (a word that didnt even exsist in the world at the time incidentally) ever.

So you say...

Jesus is God. He talks about it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.