How Homophobic Are You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
C

catlover

contrary to popular belief, the majority of christians are not homophobic. just a select few that make a name for themselves (ex. the phelps) and stain people's view of Christianity.

When I think of homophobic, I think of people who claim AIDS is the gay plague and those who blame homosexuals for the downfall of society...I do not know if I believe a person who believes homosexual sex is a sin is homophobic. I have to think about that more.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

Can gay rights be separate from homophobia etc? I am curious can a person be opposed to say gay marriage but not be homophobic? Say the person's religious convictions are dear to them and cause them to believe marriage is only between a man and a woman?
Its a good point but whether I am considered homophobic or not an issue for me. What concerns me is believing in and thus following Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit according to the historic apostolic gospel once delivered and in the Bible.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Ryanswife

Opinionated One
Jul 7, 2008
✟8,160.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My brother-in-law is what I would consider to be homophobic. He hates gay people and if a gay man were to hit on him he would probably become violent with them. He doesn't want them anywhere around him and if they were he would be very ugly to them. I could totally see him going "gay bashing" (I guess that is the correct term). I have heard that peoppe who are homophobic like that...secretly have those desires and are reflecting their own self hate on to the other person. I don't know if that is true or not, though...

Reactions: bluegill_04
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
My brother-in-law is what I would consider to be homophobic. He hates gay people and if a gay man were to hit on him he would probably become violent with them. He doesn't want them anywhere around him and if they were he would be very ugly to them.

How do you know that he hates them? He might just dislike them. Because someone doesn't want to be around gays does not mean that they hate them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.