Dec 8, 2004
✟583,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It is a historical fact that Constantine adopted Christianity after a supposed vision in the middle of a battle where He saw the cross, and as a result he won the battle. But it is also a historical fact that he continued to worship pagan gods, and he introduced those pagan ideas into the church when he took leadership of the Eastern church in Constantinople and left his representative in charge of the Western church.
Those myths have been around for some time, but since you made a point of mentioning them here, I think you owe it to all readers to prove your claims...or at least give it a try.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Those myths have been around for some time, but since you made a point of mentioning them here, I think you owe it to all readers to prove your claims.
Not prrof perse but I read that the description of the cross he saw in the clouds/ in the sky/
was a description of a pagan cross, distinctly different and separate from the crucifixion stake of Jesus.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Not prrof perse but I read that the description of the cross he saw in the clouds/ in the sky/
was a description of a pagan cross, distinctly different and separate from the crucifixion stake of Jesus.
Yeh, I would agree that that's not proof or anything even close to it. Anyway, what shape of cross he supposedly saw it isn't one of the claims made in the post that I called attention to.

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again. No everyone here is Catholic.

No matter. Neither Mary (real or imaginary), nor anybody else that has ended their physical existence, and lives now in Heaven has anything to do with "Protecting" anything. That's God's job and the Holy Spirit is HIS agent to us.

Simple as that.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes, all of them protect us too.
If that were true, it would be revealed by God as true. To the best of our knowledge, the Bible does not teach such a concept although it does describe some other things about the condition and doings of those who are now with the Lord.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If that were true, it would be revealed by God as true. To the best of our knowledge, the Bible does not teach such a concept although it does describe some other things about the condition and doings of those who are now with the Lord.
Don't start Albion :sigh:

• Haha
Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Indeed, which is how we recognise certain people as Saints. It is revealed by God.
What isn't (according to someone other)?

On these forums we have people insisting that God lifted them up to heaven for a personal conflab, others who say he spoke audibly into their ear, and others insist that they just had a funny feeling creep over their body which, naturally, they correctly interpreted as God affirming something they'd been worrying about.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,201,195.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
What isn't (according to someone other)?

On these forums we have people insisting that God lifted them up to heaven for a personal conflab, others who say he spoke audibly into their ear, and others insist that they just had a funny feeling creep over their body which, naturally, they correctly interpreted as God affirming something they'd been worrying about.
You are comparing individual opinions with widespread consensus, single instances with multiple confirmed miracles. Chalk and cheese.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,201,195.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Even if it were, there is no basis for it other than popular opinion.
No basis?
Multiple miracles around the relics, icons and vigil lamps of the Saints is no basis?
Saint Dimitrios' relics continue to exude fragrant myrrh to this day and have done for centuries. I have personally witnessed healing after using his myrrh and know of many more. There are hundreds of miracles recorded around some recently recognised Saints and thousands are recorded around Mary. Such is the abundance of evidence we have no basis not to recognise their help.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,029,104.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Ye of little faith, when it comes to Our Blessed Mother Mary.

Edit:

Funny emoji from albion added below is only to be expected from someone who only believes in 'His very own, individual' interpretations / meanings of scripture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟845,486.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Those myths have been around for some time, but since you made a point of mentioning them here, I think you owe it to all readers to prove your claims...or at least give it a try.
Any church history of the period will give you those facts.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,201,195.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Any church history of the period will give you those facts.
Hope you had a blessed Nativity this morning. I'm currently on the other side of the pond so we have a few more hours before we celebrate Christ's birth.

Καλά Χριστούγεννα!

Upvote 0