Maryland
✟19,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My fear of hell is very very dim if at all. It’s very very dim. When I attempt to think about God and hell my forehead gets tense. My mind doesn’t want to retain it At all. I forget what I read in no time.
If your fear of everlasting torment is dim, you haven’t thought about it enough. More to the point, fearing God is mostly about revering Him for who He is and what He’s done: His majesty, power, etc. It’s not about cowering in fear as if He is going to strike you down. On the contrary, He loves you enough to send His Son to die for you.

It seems as if you just want to argue at this point. I’m really not interested in that. I’ve presented the Gospel to you; what you do with that information is entirely up to you. I hope you will place your faith in Jesus. I wish you well, my friend.

Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If your fear of everlasting torment is dim, you haven’t thought about it enough. More to the point, fearing God is mostly about revering Him for who He is and what He’s done: His majesty, power, etc. It’s not about cowering in fear as if He is going to strike you down. On the contrary, He loves you enough to send His Son to die for you.

It seems as if you just want to argue at this point. I’m really not interested in that. I’ve presented the Gospel to you; what you do with that information is entirely up to you. I hope you will place your faith in Jesus. I wish you well, my friend.
I’ve tried writing down fear Jesus fear hell now over and over but it hasn’t worked at all…

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟66,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My “interest” in this is only intellectual and that intellectual “desire” is not that much at all. I cannot control my mind. It’s that screwed up.
Don't you kind of fear wasting your life with a out of control mind ?

Don't you fear missing God helping you not to live a life of vanity with a mind getting more and more messed up, which you cannot control?

Maybe instead of worrying about no fear of God you should consider the fear of missing the benefit of His loving Fatherhood, saving your mind from such turmoil and darkness.

Upvote 0