Farmington
✟27,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
"My flesh trembleth for fear of thee; and I am afraid of thy judgments." - Psalm 119:120

"I would, my hardened hearer, that you did tremble; and because you do not tremble for yourself, I tremble for you. Oh, that you judged yourself, that you might not be judged! I would that you condemned yourself, that God might acquit you. I would that you were horribly afraid; for then the great cause for fear would be over."
"Blessed in the end will that man be who can endure the Word of the Lord when it is all thunder and flaming fire, and does not rebel against it, but bows before it. If it makes you tremble, it was meant to make you tremble." - C.H. Spurgeon, Trembling at the Word of the Lord, 1884

Woe to you if you haven't trembled! I'm often stricken with the terror of the Lord, and sometimes not for me. When I posted about that poor girl in the Netherlands planning her suicide at age 28, and the way they plan to kill her, I trembled for what she faces: far worse than a mental illness, and a devil's affliction. She faces the judgment of a Holy God, and yes; I trembled and quaked as would George Fox when expounding the seriousness and severity of the Word of the LORD.
Tremble and shake the last vestiges of sin out of this vile flesh, for our bodies are the temple of the Holy Ghost: Defile is to destroy! The Bible says it: Destroy! "If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are." (1 Corinthians 3:17) Destruction is to those who defile the temple.

" My inmost desire is to feel more and more the overwhelming power of Jehovah’s judgment against sin, that I may preach with all the deeper solemnity the danger of the impenitent, and with tears and trembling may beseech them to be reconciled. " -ibid.

I KNOW Yahweh's judgment against sin: that being, My sin. That includes death and loss way beyond the normal aging of relatives who grew old - I'd say they died before their time. (Ecclesiastes 7:17) I am quite sure if I had been consistent in living in the fear of the LORD, trembling at His Word, and yet having the unspeakable joy that comes along with it, they would not be dead, at least most wouldn't.

Isaiah 10:15-19 was a prophecy to Assyria, whom God had used in His sovereign will to chastise Israel, but now came time for their own judgment. The LORD is showing how a tool in His hand cannot boast against Him, for God alone does according to His will and pleasure, even if we do not understand all the reasons:

"Shall the axe boast itself against him that heweth therewith? or shall the saw magnify itself against him that shaketh it? as if the rod should shake itself against them that lift it up, or as if the staff should lift up itself, as if it were no wood.
Therefore shall the Lord, the Lord of hosts, send among his fat ones leanness; and under his glory he shall kindle a burning like the burning of a fire.
And the light of Israel shall be for a fire, and his Holy One for a flame: and it shall burn and devour his thorns and his briers in one day;
And shall consume the glory of his forest, and of his fruitful field, both soul and body: and they shall be as when a standard-bearer fainteth.
And the rest of the trees of his forest shall be few, that a child may write them."

I'll let these next few passages speak for themselves:

Psalm 9:7,8 , 16-20,
"But the Lord shall endure for ever: he hath prepared his throne for judgment. And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness. The Lord is known by the judgment which he executeth: the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Higgaion. Selah. The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God. For the needy shall not always be forgotten: the expectation of the poor shall not perish for ever. Arise, O Lord; let not man prevail: let the heathen be judged in thy sight. Put them in fear, O Lord: that the nations may know themselves to be but men. Selah."

Revelation 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Romans 9:28 For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.

Revelation 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Proverbs 9:6 & 10
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

• Winner
Reactions: Vambram