JojotheBeloved

Part of the Family
Apr 18, 2014
✟8,622.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It's only a month and a half until my wedding day. We have nearly everything lined up to go... except food/reception prep helpers. I have one woman who has agreed to be the director for that portion of the event, but at this point she doesn't have anybody to direct. My parents have not been going to church in the last few years, and we've all moved away from the church we used to go to (geographically speaking. We still love the people, but we just don't see them much). So my mom doesn't feel comfortable asking any friends she used to have, because she feels like she's disconnected from them and it would be awkward. My fiance's mom is very busy (she still has teenagers in her house and works very hard and recently has had some health issues to boot) and is already helping by planning the entire rehearsal dinner herself. So, it's left up to me to find helpers for the reception. But I don't know how to ask or who to ask. I've already asked my closest friends to help in other ways and they can't be in two places at once. I haven't asked my cousins yet, but my siblings are already doing things too. I did send out a facebook shout out for volunteers, but so far that's only got one tentative reply. My fiance's closest friends are either part of the wedding party or are helping with music. Any suggestions? We can't have it catered because it costs too much and we're just serving desserts rather than a full meal.