Hello, Everyone! Hope You Are All Doing Well!

DreamyLaLa

Apr 11, 2024
Ventura
Visit site
✟3,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi, everyone! I'm new here at Christian Forums and thought I'd say hi. About a week ago, I was searching for a Christian forum site online as I've been going through some deep depression due to family and financial issues, and I thought something like this might help. Then I found you guys!
I'm a Catholic woman in my late twenties (but, really, I think I'm just a big kid at heart!). I'm currently trying to make a living off being an artist, writer, and entrepreneur. I primarily draw/write anime art and stories, but I also dabble in watercolor illustrations of nature and classic, feminine designs. If anyone is interested, i'd like to share some of my creations with you. My interests include Sanrio, anime (but I'm really selective), classic literature, fantasy/fairytales, music, old sitcoms and comedy, and nature (especially flowers and the beach) to name a few. Thanks for having me!

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟67,157.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,737,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi, everyone! I'm new here at Christian Forums and thought I'd say hi. About a week ago, I was searching for a Christian forum site online as I've been going through some deep depression due to family and financial issues, and I thought something like this might help. Then I found you guys!
I'm a Catholic woman in my late twenties (but, really, I think I'm just a big kid at heart!). I'm currently trying to make a living off being an artist, writer, and entrepreneur. I primarily draw/write anime art and stories, but I also dabble in watercolor illustrations of nature and classic, feminine designs. If anyone is interested, i'd like to share some of my creations with you. My interests include Sanrio, anime (but I'm really selective), classic literature, fantasy/fairytales, music, old sitcoms and comedy, and nature (especially flowers and the beach) to name a few. Thanks for having me!
Welcome to CF! :wave:

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello DreamyLaLa and welcome to the Christian Forums. :) CF is glad to have you join our community. I'm sure many of us can relate to going through difficult times and seeking out a supportive environment. Your creativity as an artist, writer, and entrepreneur is inspiring, and we'd be more than happy to offer encouragement and feedback if you'd like to share some of your work with us. Your interests are quite diverse, from anime and classic literature to nature and comedy. We look forward to getting to know you better and learning more about your passions. If you have any questions or need assistance with anything, please don't hesitate to ask.

Do you have any favorite anime series or characters that you particularly love? For me, my favorite anime is Hunter x Hunter, and I also enjoy One Piece, Cowboy Bebop, Yu Yu Hakusho, and classic Studio Ghibli works. What are some of the anime shows or movies that you've enjoyed the most? I'd love to hear your recommendations as well!

Additionally, I noticed that you mentioned trying to make a living as an artist and writer. Do you have any specific goals or aspirations for your creative pursuits? How do you find inspiration for your art and writing projects? I'd be happy to offer any encouragement or advice if you have any questions (though, I am not good at writing). Finally, what is your favorite classic literature (books and authors)? God bless.

Last edited:
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,938,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @DreamyLaLa, and WELCOME TO CF :wave: We're glad that you found us and joined in the discussions with us :)

I'm sorry to hear about your struggles with deep depression! Praying for you..........

Also, if you'd like more of us to pray for you going forward, just drop by our Prayer Wall and let us know what you would like us to be praying about.

Finally, I would love to see some of your artwork. Below is a link to a set of boards that I believe you can use for that purpose.

God bless you!! (Numbers 6:24-26)

~David

Upvote 0

DreamyLaLa

Apr 11, 2024
Ventura
Visit site
✟3,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hello DreamyLaLa and welcome to the Christian Forums. :) CF is glad to have you join our community. I'm sure many of us can relate to going through difficult times and seeking out a supportive environment. Your creativity as an artist, writer, and entrepreneur is inspiring, and we'd be more than happy to offer encouragement and feedback if you'd like to share some of your work with us. Your interests are quite diverse, from anime and classic literature to nature and comedy. We look forward to getting to know you better and learning more about your passions. If you have any questions or need assistance with anything, please don't hesitate to ask.

Do you have any favorite anime series or characters that you particularly love? For me, my favorite anime is Hunter x Hunter, and I also enjoy One Piece, Cowboy Bebop, Yu Yu Hakusho, and classic Studio Ghibli works. What are some of the anime shows or movies that you've enjoyed the most? I'd love to hear your recommendations as well!

Additionally, I noticed that you mentioned trying to make a living as an artist and writer. Do you have any specific goals or aspirations for your creative pursuits? How do you find inspiration for your art and writing projects? I'd be happy to offer any encouragement or advice if you have any questions (though, I am not good at writing). Finally, what is your favorite classic literature (books and authors)? God bless.
Wow, thank you so much for being so welcoming! I can't tell you how much I appreciate that! It's nice being in a Christian environment online. More secular forums and social media can get pretty hectic and overwhelming for me.
I'll try posting some of my work in the threads you guys suggested. I'd like you to see them! I know most of the anime titles you've mentioned only by name. I do, of course, know about Studio Ghibli movies. My favorites are The Secret World of Arrietty and Whisper of the Heart! What are yours? Funny irony, I think I write/draw anime more than I read/watch it. I've found as I've gotten older, I'm more easily offended by the bad content in a lot of them. I guess I like Pokemon (used to be a really big fan-the character N is one my favorites) though I think there is a nod to gender-neutral ideologies in their video games, etc. these days...Other anime I like are Hamtaro, Beyblade Metal Saga (Tsubasa is cool), and Beyblade Burst (1st season).
Thanks for asking about my creative pursuits! I have two Etsy shops right now in which I sell my art on various products like stationery, but they haven't got a lot of notice yet...My biggest dream is to write and publish my own manga stories. I'm in the process of working on one right now. Also trying to land freelance art jobs with various companies that may be interested in my watercolor art. (I know, I'm kinda crazy for doing so much at once!)
When it comes to finding inspiration for my art, I, ironically, don't go to anime most of the time. I keep the good things about the ones I have seen in the back of my head for reference, but I also rely on things like classic literature, fairytales, and old sitcoms like I Love Lucy for inspiration (LOL!). Because of that, I think my anime can have a pretty different flavor from other anime works out there.
Literature: this is a fun one to answer! I adore most of Louisa May Alcott's and Jane Austen's works! Also love Hans Christian Andersen's Thumbelina and The Little Mermaid, G.K. Chesterton's Father Brown, and right now, I'm reading The Lord of the Rings for the first time, and I find it amazing!!
Sorry for the long answer, LOL! God bless and hope to see more of you all!

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I'm currently trying to make a living off being an artist,
Good luck with that. Usually you have to sell out and do commercial work if you want to make money. I do a little bit of rock art and people say I should sell it but I could make more money per hour working at McDonalds.

As far as depression, we need to have a positive attitude and then the depression will go away. Some people say to put it under the Blood of Jesus but most everyone talks about having positive energy.
398053592_1389185725347912_3685225606432603106_n.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow, thank you so much for being so welcoming! I can't tell you how much I appreciate that! It's nice being in a Christian environment online. More secular forums and social media can get pretty hectic and overwhelming for me.
I'll try posting some of my work in the threads you guys suggested. I'd like you to see them! I know most of the anime titles you've mentioned only by name. I do, of course, know about Studio Ghibli movies. My favorites are The Secret World of Arrietty and Whisper of the Heart! What are yours? Funny irony, I think I write/draw anime more than I read/watch it. I've found as I've gotten older, I'm more easily offended by the bad content in a lot of them. I guess I like Pokemon (used to be a really big fan-the character N is one my favorites) though I think there is a nod to gender-neutral ideologies in their video games, etc. these days...Other anime I like are Hamtaro, Beyblade Metal Saga (Tsubasa is cool), and Beyblade Burst (1st season).
Thanks for asking about my creative pursuits! I have two Etsy shops right now in which I sell my art on various products like stationery, but they haven't got a lot of notice yet...My biggest dream is to write and publish my own manga stories. I'm in the process of working on one right now. Also trying to land freelance art jobs with various companies that may be interested in my watercolor art. (I know, I'm kinda crazy for doing so much at once!)
When it comes to finding inspiration for my art, I, ironically, don't go to anime most of the time. I keep the good things about the ones I have seen in the back of my head for reference, but I also rely on things like classic literature, fairytales, and old sitcoms like I Love Lucy for inspiration (LOL!). Because of that, I think my anime can have a pretty different flavor from other anime works out there.
Literature: this is a fun one to answer! I adore most of Louisa May Alcott's and Jane Austen's works! Also love Hans Christian Andersen's Thumbelina and The Little Mermaid, G.K. Chesterton's Father Brown, and right now, I'm reading The Lord of the Rings for the first time, and I find it amazing!!
Sorry for the long answer, LOL! God bless and hope to see more of you all!
My favorite Ghibli ones are: Spirited Away, When Marnie was There, From up on Poppy Hill, and Kiki's Delivery service. I have to see more of Ghibli. I never liked Pokemon or Dragon Ball, as I prefer anime with deeper story lines, and less focus on power-ups. Weathering with You, Akira, Memories (1995) and 5 cm/s are good anime movies from other studios. For sci-fi anime, Cowboy Bebop and Serial Experiments Lain are both classics from before a year before I was born. I strongly dislike Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Attack on Titan, as both animes are bloody and crass. By the way, if you like a wholesome anime, you might like Azumanga Daioh.

Hopefully your manga goes well. About sitcoms, modern sitcoms are boring (cough cough, Big Bang Theory, though I did like Eureka, a hybrid sci-fi comedy), but I would like to try "I Love Lucy" and "Abbott and Costello" after finishing up the sci-fi show Star Trek: DS9. I will get a disc of each at the library. :)

LOTR is a good book series, and is wholesome. If you like LOTR, you might enjoy Narnia, another fantasy novel. By the way, Father Brown is a BBC TV show also. It is quality entertainment. Currently, I am reading Greg Bear - Darwin's Radio, a sci-fi book recommended to me by my manager at work, as sci-fi is my favorite genre.

Also, good luck on your art. You might want to focus all your efforts on one form of art, to "hone" in your skills, and release that manga.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good luck with that. Usually you have to sell out and do commercial work if you want to make money. I do a little bit of rock art and people say I should sell it but I could make more money per hour working at McDonalds.

As far as depression, we need to have a positive attitude and then the depression will go away. Some people say to put it under the Blood of Jesus but most everyone talks about having positive energy. View attachment 345713
Nice pebble mosaic, fellow Christian. When did you start making these?

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Nice pebble mosaic, fellow Christian. When did you start making these?
Recently, to keep myself busy with something. It is more of a hobby for me. I like to stack stones because they are so easy to balance.
404226161_1399599807639837_4118842906713440008_n.jpg

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Recently, to keep myself busy with something. It is more of a hobby for me. I like to stack stones because they are so easy to balance.
View attachment 345716
Nice stuff. The plastic gemstones are a little too much in my opinion, but art is subjective. The ladybugs are adorable. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DreamyLaLa

Apr 11, 2024
Ventura
Visit site
✟3,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hello @DreamyLaLa, and WELCOME TO CF :wave: We're glad that you found us and joined in the discussions with us :)

I'm sorry to hear about your struggles with deep depression! Praying for you..........

Also, if you'd like more of us to pray for you going forward, just drop by our Prayer Wall and let us know what you would like us to be praying about.

Finally, I would love to see some of your artwork. Below is a link to a set of boards that I believe you can use for that purpose.

God bless you!! (Numbers 6:24-26)

~David
Thank you so much for your concern and your prayers. That's so touching. You'll all be in my prayers, too!
Thanks for the suggestion. I think I will share my intentions at the Prayer Wall when I'm able to get around to it.
I'd like to show you my art! I'll take a look at the boards you suggested.
God bless you, too!

• Friendly
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

DreamyLaLa

Apr 11, 2024
Ventura
Visit site
✟3,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
My favorite Ghibli ones are: Spirited Away, When Marnie was There, From up on Poppy Hill, and Kiki's Delivery service. I have to see more of Ghibli. I never liked Pokemon or Dragon Ball, as I prefer anime with deeper story lines, and less focus on power-ups. Weathering with You, Akira, Memories (1995) and 5 cm/s are good anime movies from other studios. For sci-fi anime, Cowboy Bebop and Serial Experiments Lain are both classics from before a year before I was born. I strongly dislike Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Attack on Titan, as both animes are bloody and crass. By the way, if you like a wholesome anime, you might like Azumanga Daioh.

Hopefully your manga goes well. About sitcoms, modern sitcoms are boring (cough cough, Big Bang Theory, though I did like Eureka, a hybrid sci-fi comedy), but I would like to try "I Love Lucy" and "Abbott and Costello" after finishing up the sci-fi show Star Trek: DS9. I will get a disc of each at the library. :)

LOTR is a good book series, and is wholesome. If you like LOTR, you might enjoy Narnia, another fantasy novel. By the way, Father Brown is a BBC TV show also. It is quality entertainment. Currently, I am reading Greg Bear - Darwin's Radio, a sci-fi book recommended to me by my manager at work, as sci-fi is my favorite genre.

Also, good luck on your art. You might want to focus all your efforts on one form of art, to "hone" in your skills, and release that manga.
I watched Spirited Away with my two older brothers when I was a little kid. I remember it scared the heck out of me!
Yeah, I can understand how a person would feel that way about Pokemon. I think I've just always liked it, though, because it's lighthearted and fun. Especially now as I battle depression, I like to surround myself with things that make me happy. And the cute characters and Pokemon do that for me.
Yeah, I'd strongly encourage giving I Love Lucy a try! I could quote so many lines from that show off the cuff! The writers for that show were geniuses! And, yes, I am familiar with Narnia, and I love it! Since sci-fi is your favorite genre, do you like Star Wars?
Thanks for the encouragement regarding my manga. Yeah, I've been considering really zeroing in on one thing (i.e., my manga) since juggling so many things at once can get hectic and overwhelming, but I just wanted to test a few different things so I can see what works and what people might like.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I watched Spirited Away with my two older brothers when I was a little kid. I remember it scared the heck out of me!
Yeah, I can understand how a person would feel that way about Pokemon. I think I've just always liked it, though, because it's lighthearted and fun. Especially now as I battle depression, I like to surround myself with things that make me happy. And the cute characters and Pokemon do that for me.
Yeah, I'd strongly encourage giving I Love Lucy a try! I could quote so many lines from that show off the cuff! The writers for that show were geniuses! And, yes, I am familiar with Narnia, and I love it! Since sci-fi is your favorite genre, do you like Star Wars?
Thanks for the encouragement regarding my manga. Yeah, I've been considering really zeroing in on one thing (i.e., my manga) since juggling so many things at once can get hectic and overwhelming, but I just wanted to test a few different things so I can see what works and what people might like.
I have liked Star Wars since 2012 or so. The original classic trilogy is the best.

Reactions: DreamyLaLa
Upvote 0