Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello everyone. I'm new here and pretty new to the Faith, (Slowly working through the Bible) so I am looking forward to having some interesting conversations. I am an American living in Germany (non military) and have been non religious until about a year and a half ago. I was going through some tough emotional times and I just decided to pray out of desperation. For some reason it gave me comfort and I continued. As time went by, I started to feel this overwhelming light start to fill me, like something I have never experienced. Somehow a huge hole in my heart was being filled with a new kind of light and love. I still struggle with a lot of things but this is a new kind of experience, that I cant explain. I am sure many of you can relate?

The reason for my username and userpic is a story you might find interesting.

Last year, I was visiting my parents in Las Vegas. I was out jogging and not really praying or talking with God, it was more planning, in a way, about what I was going to pray about that evening. I have an autistic brother, so I think helping him was the topic I was considering for that evening

Anyway, this particular neighborhood where they live tends to have sidewalks that are pretty clean because obviously, nobody goes outside there. Too hot... This particular sidewalk was spotless and well taken care of, no garbage, weeds, etc. So, I was jogging and my thought process was along the lines of almost a selfish sort of wishing, planning, (not really sure) about how I wished that God would just give me a sign so I knew I was on the right path with my faith. I've always been non religious, so I still question a lot of things.

That day I was running back and forth down about a long 5 block length so, I had definitely run that path about 10 minutes previously. Right after my thought about wanting a sign, I took about 10 more steps and I kid you not, there was this small wooden cross right in the middle of the sidewalk. The same one in my userpic. I am positive that nobody walked on that particular path the whole time I was jogging back and forth and I am positive I would have seen it before because I covered that space about 4 times already that morning.

So, I guess I got my sign.

Any similar experiences? Looking forward to talking with you all.

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟207,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome to CF!

I’ve had many similar experiences, to that over the years, but none so obvious as a straight-up wooden cross that I can bring to recall. The Lord guides His children well and answers prayer on their behalf. You have a powerful testimony. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,737,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello everyone. I'm new here and pretty new to the Faith, (Slowly working through the Bible) so I am looking forward to having some interesting conversations. I am an American living in Germany (non military) and have been non religious until about a year and a half ago. I was going through some tough emotional times and I just decided to pray out of desperation. For some reason it gave me comfort and I continued. As time went by, I started to feel this overwhelming light start to fill me, like something I have never experienced. Somehow a huge hole in my heart was being filled with a new kind of light and love. I still struggle with a lot of things but this is a new kind of experience, that I cant explain. I am sure many of you can relate?

Last year, I was visiting my parents in Las Vegas. I was out jogging and not really praying or talking with God, it was more planning, in a way, about what I was going to pray about that evening. I have an autistic brother, so I think helping him was the topic I was considering for that evening

Anyway, this particular neighborhood where they live tends to have sidewalks that are pretty clean because obviously, nobody goes outside there. Too hot... This particular sidewalk was spotless and well taken care of, no garbage, weeds, etc. So, I was jogging and my thought process was along the lines of almost a selfish sort of wishing, planning, (not really sure) about how I wished that God would just give me a sign so I knew I was on the right path with my faith. I've always been non religious, so I still question a lot of things.

That day I was running back and forth down about a long 5 block length so, I had definitely run that path about 10 minutes previously. Right after my thought about wanting a sign, I took about 10 more steps and I kid you not, there was this small wooden cross right in the middle of the sidewalk. The same one in my userpic. I am positive that nobody walked on that particular path the whole time I was jogging back and forth and I am positive I would have seen it before because I covered that space about 4 times already that morning.

What a wonderful testimony! :) I hope you find CF enjoyable and edifying. I look forward to seeing you around. :wave:

Upvote 0
Apr 5, 2024
Wiesbaden
✟518.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Welcome to CF!

I’ve had many similar experiences, to that over the years, but none so obvious as a straight-up wooden cross that I can bring to recall. The Lord guides His children well and answers prayer on their behalf. You have a powerful testimony. Thank you for sharing it with us.
Thank you! I’m a bit ashamed to admit when it happened I literally said “ Oh come on… you’ve got to be s***ing me??”

Upvote 0
Apr 5, 2024
Wiesbaden
✟518.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Welcome to CF!

Thank you! I’m a bit ashamed to admit when it happened I literally said “ Oh come on… you’ve got to be s***ing me?”
What a wonderful testimony! :) I hope you find CF enjoyable and edifying. I look forward to seeing you around. :wave:
Thank you!

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟207,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

AMBASSADOR HAT

Please do not post repetitive content on the forums, as per this rule:

Repetitive posting of similar or identical posts or threads is not allowed.

If your computer, phone, or internet connection glitches, making repetitive posts, just delete them using the delete button in the lower right corner. It’s next to the report and edit buttons. This is just a friendly message from the CF Ambassadors and is not intended as moderation. Have a blessed day in the Lord.

• Wow
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,949.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Amen to the wooden cross appearing on the path. :) I think that your prayers have been answered. Welcome to CF bro.

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟67,157.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟383,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Very sorry, it was accidental. I tried but there is no visible delete button for me on mobile. I’ll check on desktop.
No worries most would have assumed that. Welcome and thank you for the testimony.

Upvote 0