Hello everybody...

Just wanted to say hello, as I start my endeavors in the wonderful world of Christian Forums.  Just to give you a brief background of myself, I am married with 2 children (ages 3 and 8 months) and am also a member of the worlds finest Navy, of which I am a Chaplains assistant and when needed, his/her bodyguard.

I was led to Christ about eight years ago, I was 15 at the time, I was going through some though family issues.  After about four years of my best friend telling me to come to church with him, that Christ will give me direction, I gave in.  It's funny how things fall into place, shortly before Christmas (about three weeks) of that year, my mother and step-father had yet another fight, so packed up a few clothes and went to with my friend.  His parents knew the situation and told that I could stay as long as needed.  Well on the first night that I stayed, his youth group had a community event and he wanted me to go, so I did; and I had fun, made alot of new friends.  We went back to the church before the night closed, and had a prayer session, I said a silent prayer to myself, hoping that it would be heard, it was the first time that I had prayed, and actually meant it.  As I knelt by the alter with my head in my hands, I began to hear the others come next to me and kneal beside me, placing there hands on my back as they walked by, saying in a quiet voice, "God loves you".  That was my breaking point, the pain had surfaced, and it was like a sudden rush of emotions had just been lifted from my body, and I began to cry.

I accepted Christ into my heart that night, surrounded by strangers that took me in for who I was and not what I was.  From that point on, I knew that I was accepted, and loved.  This was the turning point in my life, though I know that there are many with similar stories, but to me, this is one moment of my life that I will never forget.

This was a little long winded, thank you if you read it and may God bless you and have a great day.

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
WOW! PRAISE GOD! Hallelujah! Glory to His Name! WHat an AWESOME testimony. WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME. I am soooooo glad you are here. Jesus is so sweet, isn't He!?!

I too was once a member of the world's finest Navy, and after I got out I often thought of going back as a Chaplain but it just seemd not right for me.

Anyway thank God for the US Navy and Thank God for Jesus and for His sweet salvation and for bringing you here to share Jesus with others.

I pray you will have a Ball here in fellowship with other Christians who love Jesus!

Click on "Armor of God and buy you some armor with your blessings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums