Dhanbad
✟11,892.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been a hidden Christian in a conservative Hindu family. My family is kind of hostile toward the Christian faith. But I love them. I pray for them, that their hearts may open. Meanwhile, I have no Christian friends. None to talk about my faith, discuss or be accountable to. Whenever I try to share the faith with them, the conversation heats up, straining the relationship that we have. I do pray for them as well. And God has been a very close friend to me all this time, to the point I can't explain in words. In all my loneliness and mental isolation, He has been with me and strengthened my faith. Therefore, I will be glad and thankful if someone like me, who truly, plainly and completely believes in the Works of Christ and that the Word of God is true, can become my friend. I know that there is a lot of "progressiveness" is going on in many parts of the world. And if I, living in a place hostile to Christians, can believe in Jesus and that every Word of The True One is true, certainly anyone who loves Christ truly will believe so. Denominational disagreement is completely a different thing than being a "Gay Christian" or being a "LGBT Supportive Christian". I will rather be happy calling a person hostile to Christianity, a friend than call a snake in the kingdom who says that the Bible is progressive, who says that a person can be a Christian and a homosexual at the same time, etc, a friend. Because a hostile environment has always been conducive to the growth of Christianity. Jesus said bless your enemies. But He never blessed the snakes in His kingdom, and cursed those even who led the new believers away from the original (true) teaching.

So that's what my invitation to friendship looks like. If I didn't offend the progressive "Christians" reading it, I am sorry. I'll try the next time. And if you read it and find my invitation Biblical, be sure to message me.

I am in no desperate need of a friend, because the Lord has always, (and I mean it) always provided for me. But it is His command to make friends with believers (yes, believers in Him and His word) and it is out of love for Him, that I write this post.

Call me Wooden

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟914,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been a hidden Christian in a conservative Hindu family. My family is kind of hostile toward the Christian faith. But I love them. I pray for them, that their hearts may open. Meanwhile, I have no Christian friends. None to talk about my faith, discuss or be accountable to. Whenever I try to share the faith with them, the conversation heats up, straining the relationship that we have. I do pray for them as well. And God has been a very close friend to me all this time, to the point I can't explain in words. In all my loneliness and mental isolation, He has been with me and strengthened my faith. Therefore, I will be glad and thankful if someone like me, who truly, plainly and completely believes in the Works of Christ and that the Word of God is true, can become my friend. I know that there is a lot of "progressiveness" is going on in many parts of the world. And if I, living in a place hostile to Christians, can believe in Jesus and that every Word of The True One is true, certainly anyone who loves Christ truly will believe so. Denominational disagreement is completely a different thing than being a "Gay Christian" or being a "LGBT Supportive Christian". I will rather be happy calling a person hostile to Christianity, a friend than call a snake in the kingdom who says that the Bible is progressive, who says that a person can be a Christian and a homosexual at the same time, etc, a friend. Because a hostile environment has always been conducive to the growth of Christianity. Jesus said bless your enemies. But He never blessed the snakes in His kingdom, and cursed those even who led the new believers away from the original (true) teaching.

So that's what my invitation to friendship looks like. If I didn't offend the progressive "Christians" reading it, I am sorry. I'll try the next time. And if you read it and find my invitation Biblical, be sure to message me.

I am in no desperate need of a friend, because the Lord has always, (and I mean it) always provided for me. But it is His command to make friends with believers (yes, believers in Him and His word) and it is out of love for Him, that I write this post.

Call me Wooden
Welcome to CF!

• Friendly
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Call me Wooden
Welcome to CF.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,737,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Call me Wooden
Welcome to CF. I am getting ready to add you to those I follow. God bless you. :)

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟67,157.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟13,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Call me Wooden
Hello wooden your words touched me, I live in the province of quebec, all my surroundings are not religious at all so I understand what you say I too am isolated in my faith but know Jesus is with you always, never forget that.

I am available, I come on this forum every day, I am here for you if you need to discuss anything really.

Just a question what version of the Bible do you read, and who is your favourite amongst the disciples of Jesus.

my favourite is John and the chapter 17 in particular I think is quite extraordinary.

Blessings!

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟173,003.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to CF.

In history, the British Missionary William Carey (1761-1834 AD) translated the Bible into many Indian languages, including Sanskrit. Sanskrit and Indian Buddhism have deeply influenced Chinese culture. Understanding the Bible from the perspective of Sanskrit text is definitely an amazing thing.

The translation of the Tibetan Bible was also a miracle. Tibetan Buddhism made translation difficult for Tibetan language to be interpreted in this (Tibetan Buddhism) context. So the Tibetan Bible needs to use Middle age Tibetan to rebuild the interpretation of modern Tibetan.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟383,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Call me Wooden
I will be your friend. As much as I can considering we live far apart

Last edited:
Upvote 0