Great books on sale....

A

Andrea411

In the past few months I have noticed that many really good books go on sale and then the price goes back up. I bought N.T.Wright's 'Surprised by Hope' for $2.99

This week i just ran across a book by Gordon fee (noted Charismatic theologian who wrote How to read the Bible for all its worth... great book.

Just now I ran into this one and bought it...

How to Read the Bible Book by Book: A Guided Tour [Kindle Edition]
Gordon D. Fee (Author), Douglas Stuart (Author)
4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (60 customer reviews)
Print List Price: $18.99
Kindle Price: $1.99
You Save: $17.00 (90%)
Sold by: HarperCollins Publishing

If you guys find really good books, please let us know. Also some books that are for sale on amazon can be found free online in some places but be very careful there are scammers that offer free downloads (pirated books) these may come with malware. I never download freebies unless they are by the author...

Reactions: mourningdove~
Feb 27, 2014
Texas
✟8,130.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

Speaking of Gordon Fee, he will be releasing a revised edition of his highly acclaimed commentary on 1 Corinthians later this month which was first released in the 80's. It will now be based on the 2011 NIV.

The First Epistle to the Corinthians, Revised Edition (The New International Commentary on the New Testament): Gordon D. Fee: 9780802871367: Amazon.com: Books

The First Epistle to the Corinthians, Revised Edition (The New International Commentary on the New Testament) Hardcover – November 30, 2014
by Gordon D. Fee (Author)
33 customer reviews
Get the Kindle Edition for just $2.99 when you buy the new print edition of this book. Learn more about
See all 4 formats and editions
Kindle
$36.57
Read with our free app

Hardcover
$50.98
1 New from $50.98

If you buy the print edition I'll buy the kindle... LOL

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟52,126.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Speaking of Gordon Fee, he will be releasing a revised edition of his highly acclaimed commentary on 1 Corinthians later this month which was first released in the 80's. It will now be based on the 2011 NIV.

The First Epistle to the Corinthians, Revised Edition (The New International Commentary on the New Testament): Gordon D. Fee: 9780802871367: Amazon.com: Books
Thanks for that info and I can't wait to see what he has to say; as his first edition is 27 years old it is becoming a bit dated (though still valuable) and I will certainly be looking forward to reading his new book.

Google books have a sample of this new book on their website.

Upvote 0
Feb 27, 2014
Texas
✟8,130.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The First Epistle to the Corinthians, Revised Edition (The New International Commentary on the New Testament) Hardcover – November 30, 2014
by Gordon D. Fee (Author)
33 customer reviews
Get the Kindle Edition for just $2.99 when you buy the new print edition of this book. Learn more about
See all 4 formats and editions
Kindle
$36.57
Read with our free app

Hardcover
$50.98
1 New from $50.98

If you buy the print edition I'll buy the kindle... LOL

Hmmm, somehow I think this deal isn't as good as the ones you posted before :p

Upvote 0
Feb 27, 2014
Texas
✟8,130.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for that info and I can't wait to see what he has to say; as his first edition is 27 years old it is becoming a bit dated (though still valuable) and I will certainly be looking forward to reading his new book.

Google books have a sample of this new book on their website.

Yes I discovered this randomly yesterday. I saw some good deals for the Old edition and then discovered there's a revised one coming that is triple the price of the deals I saw. I think soon the value of my Amazon wishlist will exceed my salary and all I have on there is books.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟52,126.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yes I discovered this randomly yesterday. I saw some good deals for the Old edition and then discovered there's a revised one coming that is triple the price of the deals I saw. I think soon the value of my Amazon wishlist will exceed my salary and all I have on there is books.
I can certainly relate to this; I've stopped putting in an online wishlist at my favourite Christian bookstore a longtime ago - the publishers seem to be releasing some really great books on a daily basis.

During the charismatic renewal of the 70's and even the early 80's, Pentecostal theologians were unthought of and all we had to fork out for were relatively inexpensive books by authors such as Dennis Bennet, Basham and Nicky Cruz.

Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

Hmmm, somehow I think this deal isn't as good as the ones you posted before :p
Yes but in looking for the best deal, I found the 1987 edition 'new' for $13. Thats a good deal.

I often buy books like that I can then resell when I'm done reading them. Yes I know its hard to give up books but the truth is everything is online today anyway. A book has to be really great for me to keep it, I have 4 book cases full now. I admit most I will never read.... I have given away hundreds of books just to get organized (yeah that's going to happen - sarcasm).

But if you think of it as a loan, most of these books will sell well later.

just a thought, andrea

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
A

Andrea411

https://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Free_Kindle_Books

Of course Project Gutenberg is a genuine site. We will never ask you for money before allowing you to download our books, but voluntary donations are welcome. See the button on the left.

There are lots of free kindle books on Amazon.

Manybooks offers our books in a different formatting. If the book you downloaded from us doesn't work for you, maybe you can get a different copy of the same book here.

Feedbooks offers our books in a different formatting. It also offers ebooks for sale. If the book you downloaded from us doesn't work for you, maybe you can get a different copy of the same book here.
There are many free books online and many ministries offer there books for free even if you see them selling on amazon. So check the authors website first before buying books. Of course eBay often sells great books for $1 plus S&H. I have found some great books cheap and resold them at a profit.

God bless, andrea

Upvote 0
Feb 27, 2014
Texas
✟8,130.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes but in looking for the best deal, I found the 1987 edition 'new' for $13. Thats a good deal.

I often buy books like that I can then resell when I'm done reading them. Yes I know its hard to give up books but the truth is everything is online today anyway. A book has to be really great for me to keep it, I have 4 book cases full now. I admit most I will never read.... I have given away hundreds of books just to get organized (yeah that's going to happen - sarcasm).

But if you think of it as a loan, most of these books will sell well later.

just a thought, andrea
That is a good deal, but I'm one of those people who has to have the latest edition so I'll be waiting until some sellers offer that edition cheaper. I was born in 87 so I'm sure he'll have some changes since then lol. I also don't have the NIV84 the old edition was based on which I would need to pry away from my wife if I needed to check it but I do have the NIV2011. That's another expensive endeavor, collecting Bible translations. According to Fee's exegesis book, you need at least 7 when doing detailed exegesis.

I like Kindle books but I will never buy them unless I'm getting a significantly better deal for the reason you said and because I can't lend them to people. I think I only have 4 or 5 purchased books on my account. Bible study helps are almost always inferior in kindle form compared to physical copies.

Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

Someone had recommended this book to me and S.McKNight as an author. I bought it at a higher price and would recommend it to anyone who is interested in having their perspective on how we read the scriptures challenged.
Not so much about a particular perspective but a book about how we look at scripture. I had no idea how much we had changed the scriptures to fit our culture, yet we readily accuse others of doing the same thing.

He is the author of the Jesus Creed, another book I am trying to read....

The Blue Parakeet: Rethinking How You Read the Bible [Kindle Edition]
Scot McKnight (Author)
4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (96 customer reviews)
Print List Price: $14.99
Kindle Price: $5.98
You Save: $9.01 (60%)
Sold by: HarperCollins Publishing

For the egalitarians or those interested he has this book also...

Junia Is Not Alone [Kindle Edition]
Scot McKnight (Author)
4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (46 customer reviews)
Kindle Price: $2.99

God bless, andrea

Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

The 7-Day Prayer Warrior Experience (Free One-Week Devotional) [Kindle Edition]
Stormie Omartian (Author)
4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (942 customer reviews)
Kindle Price: $0.00

I just ordered it.... I want to become more prayer focused. I always say I pray 24/7 but lately I've been so busy buying a house, selling or renting one and I've gotten myself all tied up and anxious... the lord let me know worry is just another word for unbelief. More time with the Lord, more faith, less unbelief... no worries.... LOL.

anyone want to join me in reading it... we can compare notes?

God bless, andrea

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟446,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟446,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Last edited:
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟446,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Last edited:
Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

Surprised by Hope [Kindle Edition]
N. T. Wright (Author)
4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (255 customer reviews)
Kindle Price: $3.99
Sold by: HarperCollins Publishers

One of the best books I have read on the history of the church, end times debates and the differences in denominational doctrines... a great read too. Wright nailed it on this one, I will read again and again....

Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0