Montgomery
✟149,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Praise God. A similar thing happened to me. The urologist actually said he was surprised the results were negative.

Doggoned thing feels and sounds like someone is using an electric staple gun on your bladder from the inside.
Oh, I was completely out during the biopsy. They said they were giving me the sedative and the next thing I knew I was waking up. I didn’t have any complications from it either. I have a great urologist.

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟255,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Easy, private, wall push ups anywhere you are, gt up your circulation and energy level and help with posture and increasing muscle mass, which burns more calories than adipose tissue does. Increasing muscle, means a higher metabolism:

Thank you

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,489,049.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I walked over 17,000 steps at work today. I'm still not losing any weight. :/
Diet is the most important factor in losing weight. You can't walk away from a bad diet. You can't even run away from a bad diet.

Don't eat too frequently. You can eat three times a day, but always give yourself at least three or four hours between meals for your hormones to stabilize after a meal.

Don't snack between meals, not even any drinks besides water or maybe black coffee--no, not even diet drinks. Your metabolism is brain-directed and reacts to even the taste of sweetness in your mouth.

Don't eat or snack while stressed, which means no eating while working (same thing for drinks). One of the things people miss about "The Mediterranean Diet" is that it's not just the food (remember, there are all kinds of diets around the Mediterranean Sea). What's constant is that the people in the countries around the Med do not eat while stressed. They don't eat on the job. They don't eat on the run. They relax to eat. Culturally, they take their time to eat...meals are an event. They eat with friends and family. That has been found to be a significant metabolic factor.

Jesus was right: When dealing with your demons, fast (skip that next meal) and pray.

Don't eat junk (ultra processed) food and don't eat fast food. The chemicals and composition are scientifically designed to do you harm. Eat organic to the greatest degree possible. The big problem with nearly all restaurants is that they use heat-processed vegetable oils for practically everything. If you can find a restaurant that cooks with butter or olive oil, that would be better.

Get plenty of sleep, but not too much. Both too little and too much will result in weight gain. It's been found that 7 or 8 hours is optimum.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Diet is the most important factor in losing weight. You can't walk away from a bad diet. You can't even run away from a bad diet.

Don't eat too frequently. You can eat three times a day, but always give yourself at least three or four hours between meals for your hormones to stabilize after a meal.

Don't snack between meals, not even any drinks besides water or maybe black coffee--no, not even diet drinks. Your metabolism is brain-directed and reacts to even the taste of sweetness in your mouth.

Don't eat or snack while stressed, which means no eating while working (same thing for drinks). One of the things people miss about "The Mediterranean Diet" is that it's not just the food (remember, there are all kinds of diets around the Mediterranean Sea). What's constant is that the people in the countries around the Med do not eat while stressed. They don't eat on the job. They don't eat on the run. They relax to eat. Culturally, they take their time to eat...meals are an event. They eat with friends and family. That has been found to be a significant metabolic factor.

Jesus was right: When dealing with your demons, fast (skip that next meal) and pray.

Don't eat junk (ultra processed) food and don't eat fast food. The chemicals and composition are scientifically designed to do you harm. Eat organic to the greatest degree possible. The big problem with nearly all restaurants is that they use heat-processed vegetable oils for practically everything. If you can find a restaurant that cooks with butter or olive oil, that would be better.

Get plenty of sleep, but not too much. Both too little and too much will result in weight gain. It's been found that 7 or 8 hours is optimum.
My sleep is really messed up.

• Agree
Reactions: YorkieGal
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mine, too!!!!

This is one of the most challenging things for me to tackle!

I've been a chronic insomniac my whole life.
I sleep for 2 hours then wake up and can’t go back to sleep. I usually fall back asleep for a while in a recliner and sometimes do things half awake almost like sleep walking

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,489,049.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I sleep for 2 hours then wake up and can’t go back to sleep. I usually fall back asleep for a while in a recliner and sometimes do things half awake almost like sleep walking
At 70, my prostate is the size of an orange...it won't let me sleep more than three hours. By the second time it wakes me up, I'm awake. I try to get in that afternoon nap.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
At 70, my prostate is the size of an orange...it won't let me sleep more than three hours. By the second time it wakes me up, I'm awake. I try to get in that afternoon nap.
I take Flomax. It works wonders for BPH

• Informative
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,110.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

I think 3 meals a day should be max and true, no snacking in between.

I do a hybrid of OMAD (One meal a day) and two meals a day. My hybrid version is that the first meal is over twice as much as the 2nd meal.

It's just as effective any Intermittent Fasting eating routine but the hybrid OMAD results to improved overnight digestion and quality of sleep.

"The Mediterranean Diet" is that it's not just the food (remember, there are all kinds of diets around the Mediterranean Sea). What's constant is that the people in the countries around the Med do not eat while stressed. They don't eat on the job. They don't eat on the run. They relax to eat. Culturally, they take their time to eat...meals are an event. They eat with friends and family. That has been found to be a significant metabolic factor.

That is exactly what I do even when I'm desperately rushing a job! I'll pause from work and watch any short movie or watch a sermon while eating (at a relaxed pace).

I found that when you eat slowly, you become satiated with less amount of food. Helps avoid overeating.

Same here but I'm actually avoiding butter and olive oil when used for "browning" because I read they are significant cancer risk if used often.

I do at least one long cardio exercise each week. 2 to 3 hours cycling every Saturday of the week and much shorter weight lifting and running sessions on weekdays. Got my BMI to the lower end of the "normal" weight range.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,489,049.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I take Flomax. It works wonders for BPH
I had the Urolift procedure about three years ago. It was an enormous hassle at the time--quite uncomfortable (catheter for the first 48 hours) with a couple of embarrassing incidents in the first couple of weeks of recovery--but it was effective. Before that procedure, I had the usual issues with slow and incomplete bladder emptying, and I was getting up every hour during the night. So, now I'm up to three hours, and I can completely empty my bladder. But this big prostate still presses on my bladder.

I'm just describing it...I'm not complaining. They had thought earlier that my prostate was cancerous....praise God that didn't happen. So, it may be cantankerous, but it's still there.

• Informative
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My Doctor was trying to get me on that, I said I am taking Saw palmetto with my multi-vitamin's.

He was like well both work. I said well I really don't want to take the chance of all the side effects of prescription meds, his reply was most people don't have side effects ... I was like most, but some do.

So I ask is one better than the other, like does one fixt the problem or do they just mask it, he said both just mask the issue. So I said no thanks.....
It works well for me. I’ve been using it for about 15 years

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joymercy

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
study
✟260,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
@RileyG your body is very efficient at walking, so there is no real, extra work required of your body. Try adding in something unusual, such as swimming a lap or two.

Using different muscles will help with calorie burning.

Also, gradually try switching up all those candy bars and other sweets with only one or two changes so that you are successful, instead of trying great and drastic changes all at once.

For example, pre-sliced apples slices or grapes and cheese chunks can be bought pre made in snack packages in the fruit section of Walmart.

Try switching out a candy bar for an easy, pre made fruit snack that you like.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had the Urolift procedure about three years ago. It was an enormous hassle at the time--quite uncomfortable (catheter for the first 48 hours) with a couple of embarrassing incidents in the first couple of weeks of recovery--but it was effective. Before that procedure, I had the usual issues with slow and incomplete bladder emptying, and I was getting up every hour during the night. So, now I'm up to three hours, and I can completely empty my bladder. But this big prostate still presses on my bladder.

I'm just describing it...I'm not complaining. They had thought earlier that my prostate was cancerous....praise God that didn't happen. So, it may be cantankerous, but it's still there.
I had the same thing happen. They said there was a 65% chance I had cancer. They did the biopsy and said it wasn’t cancer.

• Informative
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟255,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

Thank you for your wonderful advice. It is greatly appreciated. :)

God bless

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟255,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
@RileyG your body is very efficient at walking, so there is no real, extra work required of your body. Try adding in something unusual, such as swimming a lap or two.

Using different muscles will help with calorie burning.

Also, gradually try switching up all those candy bars and other sweets with only one or two changes so that you are successful, instead of trying great and drastic changes all at once.

For example, pre-sliced apples slices or grapes and cheese chunks can be bought pre made in snack packages in the fruit section of Walmart.

Try switching out a candy bar for an easy, pre made fruit snack that you like.
Thank you for the recommendation and advice.

God bless

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟255,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Mine, too!!!!

This is one of the most challenging things for me to tackle!

I've been a chronic insomniac my whole life.
Same here! I've been on countless sleep pills (none currently, thankfully) and they did nothing but harm. I have severe sleep apnea, which may or may not be related to my BMI.

Upvote 0