Genesis and Creation, Days are long "ages" ect...?

Aspect

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2020
California
✟50,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm fairly certain that you don't have the authority to decide what beliefs are heretical, especially since you're disagreeing with your own church's teaching on the subject (assuming your 'Catholic' label is accurate).

Every member of the Church has divine authority to contrast false teaching with true Church teaching. The traditional teaching of the Catholic Church is young earth creationism. This is proven in "THE DOCTRINES OF GENESIS 1-11: A Compendium and Defense of Traditional Catholic Theology on Origins, by Warkulwiz."
The modernists of the Vatican II religion and the monstrosity coming out of it contradicts over nineteen centuries of their own historical teaching.

I am actually Orthodox, but could not locate any feature on this website showing how to make the adjustment.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟158,062.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am actually Orthodox, but could not locate any feature on this website showing how to make the adjustment.

Go up the top to support> open new ticket. In there should be change faith under the categories.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟345,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Every member of the Church has divine authority to contrast false teaching with true Church teaching.
Oh good. Then I have divine authority to declare your attempt to divide the body of Christ heretical.

Upvote 0

Buzzard3

Jan 31, 2022
Forster
✟41,968.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
Genesis chapter 1 to chapter 2 verse 4, concludes with "This is a history of a/the, or an "heavens and a earth", in the day of or when one was made, ect... Genesis 1 to Genesis 2:4 is a "summary" of an "entire creation", beginning to end, which is why the fall, is not even mentioned there, being an insignificant "blip on the radar" of the amount of time it was covering...

Then we get into the details of a creation in and from Genesis 2:5 and on....
The details it gets into from Genesis 2:5 on, are not even mentioned in Genesis 1 to Genesis 2:4, because they are insignificant and not even worth mentioning, in or to an account that covers the time-frame and time-span of an entire creation from beginning to end...

The chapter and verse break should have been or occurred between Genesis 2:4, and Genesis 2:5...

And it can read (Genesis 2:4) "This is and account and brief summary of an entire history of a Heavens and a Earth from beginning to end, in the day or age or time that one was made, or they are made, when they are made", ect, ect...

But someone says: The order of creation differs in the two stories...

About the vegetation or plants, it does seem to, but that is the only thing that seems to, or is the one and only thing that may differ, as it does not say anything at all about days (of creation or whatever) after Genesis 2:5...?

The vegetation (and creation of man) is the one and only thing that does or does seem to differ IOW's...

In Genesis 1 it says the vegetation was made on day three, and man on day six, but in Genesis 2:5 or after Genesis 2:5 it says that God hadn't made any vegetation to sprout up yet, when He created man, but makes no mention of days...

Maybe He just meant in that "region" where He had put man, or where He had made man (from the dust there, ect) or that He did not make the Garden of Eden there yet, in that region, ect...? And made man and the Garden of Eden at or around the same time, ect...? While in other places in or of the Earth there was already vegetation, ect...? Maybe that region might have even been a dessert maybe, before God made the Garden of Eden and man there, ect...? Made him (Man, Adam) to keep it, or do upkeep on it and take care of it, ect...? And both happened on day six maybe, ect...?

Or it could be something else maybe also...?

I believe the "days" are "ages", and that in Genesis 2:5 on, it is all day six, and that we are still in day six now, and that day six will not end until day seven starts, ect, and I don't believe day seven has started yet, but that day seven begins with Christ's returning to rule and reign and set up the Kingdom, God's Kingdom on Earth, ect, after armaggeddon, ect, and and is the "thousand year reign" (not literal) (or not literally a literal thousand years) but is the "age" of Christ ruling and reigning, and is the day of God's rest, ect... It hasn't happened yet, but will happen soon, ect... Or day seven will be starting sometime "relatively soon", ect...

Anyway,

If you take each "day" to mean an "age" then the Creation account in Genesis 1 lines up with science or what science has to say about Creation, or the way life, this planet, (and even the universe, or this universe) came about, ect...?

Oh and about "making the great luminaries" or the sun and moon (and stars), I think He was talking about clearing away all the dark clouds, dust and ash, from volcanic activity, ect, from the air or sky in the Earth, ect... Anyway, taking those away to "reveal" the sun and moon and stars to shine on the Earth clearly for the first time, ect...

The first two days are talking about the universe, ect... For the most part anyway, as they are also talking about the initial formation of stars and/or planets, ect...

And someone says, that it's the creation of the animals that differs also...?

Man and animals were both on the sixth day, same "age" and were kind of made together, in that they are closely related (land beasts, animals) and came about on the same day (sixth day) or age...?

God also may have "placed" animals in the Garden for Adam also... Or caused animals to come to him (Adam) in the Garden, ect... (maybe)...?

I think it's just a technicality at best (that part)...? Considering how closely land animals, especially mammals, and man are related, and happened on the same day, or in the same age or period of time or time period...

Thoughts...?

Comments...?

God Bless!
The history of life on earth before Adam
Genesis chapter 1 to chapter 2 verse 4, concludes with "This is a history of a/the, or an "heavens and a earth", in the day of or when one was made, ect... Genesis 1 to Genesis 2:4 is a "summary" of an "entire creation", beginning to end, which is why the fall, is not even mentioned there, being an insignificant "blip on the radar" of the amount of time it was covering...

Then we get into the details of a creation in and from Genesis 2:5 and on....
The details it gets into from Genesis 2:5 on, are not even mentioned in Genesis 1 to Genesis 2:4, because they are insignificant and not even worth mentioning, in or to an account that covers the time-frame and time-span of an entire creation from beginning to end...

The chapter and verse break should have been or occurred between Genesis 2:4, and Genesis 2:5...

And it can read (Genesis 2:4) "This is and account and brief summary of an entire history of a Heavens and a Earth from beginning to end, in the day or age or time that one was made, or they are made, when they are made", ect, ect...

But someone says: The order of creation differs in the two stories...

About the vegetation or plants, it does seem to, but that is the only thing that seems to, or is the one and only thing that may differ, as it does not say anything at all about days (of creation or whatever) after Genesis 2:5...?

The vegetation (and creation of man) is the one and only thing that does or does seem to differ IOW's...

In Genesis 1 it says the vegetation was made on day three, and man on day six, but in Genesis 2:5 or after Genesis 2:5 it says that God hadn't made any vegetation to sprout up yet, when He created man, but makes no mention of days...

Maybe He just meant in that "region" where He had put man, or where He had made man (from the dust there, ect) or that He did not make the Garden of Eden there yet, in that region, ect...? And made man and the Garden of Eden at or around the same time, ect...? While in other places in or of the Earth there was already vegetation, ect...? Maybe that region might have even been a dessert maybe, before God made the Garden of Eden and man there, ect...? Made him (Man, Adam) to keep it, or do upkeep on it and take care of it, ect...? And both happened on day six maybe, ect...?

Or it could be something else maybe also...?

I believe the "days" are "ages", and that in Genesis 2:5 on, it is all day six, and that we are still in day six now, and that day six will not end until day seven starts, ect, and I don't believe day seven has started yet, but that day seven begins with Christ's returning to rule and reign and set up the Kingdom, God's Kingdom on Earth, ect, after armaggeddon, ect, and and is the "thousand year reign" (not literal) (or not literally a literal thousand years) but is the "age" of Christ ruling and reigning, and is the day of God's rest, ect... It hasn't happened yet, but will happen soon, ect... Or day seven will be starting sometime "relatively soon", ect...

Anyway,

If you take each "day" to mean an "age" then the Creation account in Genesis 1 lines up with science or what science has to say about Creation, or the way life, this planet, (and even the universe, or this universe) came about, ect...?

Oh and about "making the great luminaries" or the sun and moon (and stars), I think He was talking about clearing away all the dark clouds, dust and ash, from volcanic activity, ect, from the air or sky in the Earth, ect... Anyway, taking those away to "reveal" the sun and moon and stars to shine on the Earth clearly for the first time, ect...

The first two days are talking about the universe, ect... For the most part anyway, as they are also talking about the initial formation of stars and/or planets, ect...

And someone says, that it's the creation of the animals that differs also...?

Man and animals were both on the sixth day, same "age" and were kind of made together, in that they are closely related (land beasts, animals) and came about on the same day (sixth day) or age...?

God also may have "placed" animals in the Garden for Adam also... Or caused animals to come to him (Adam) in the Garden, ect... (maybe)...?

I think it's just a technicality at best (that part)...? Considering how closely land animals, especially mammals, and man are related, and happened on the same day, or in the same age or period of time or time period...

Thoughts...?

Comments...?

God Bless!
The Bible is concerned with the relationship between God and man. Therefore, what happened before the creation of Adam and Eve is of little spiritual importance ... which is why pre-Adamic history is presented in Genesis in figurative language. It's not meant to be read literally, as if it's supposed to make scientific sense.
My advice is to accept it as a profound mystery and then move on to more important matters.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟964,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The history of life on earth before Adam

The Bible is concerned with the relationship between God and man. Therefore, what happened before the creation of Adam and Eve is of little spiritual importance ... which is why pre-Adamic history is presented in Genesis in figurative language. It's not meant to be read literally, as if it's supposed to make scientific sense.
My advice is to accept it as a profound mystery and then move on to more important matters.
Well, it's perfectly logical to me, as I tried to explain, but you people are just not getting it, etc...

From Genesis 1 to Genesis 2:4 it is describing a literal history of an entire creation from beginning to end, days 1 through 7, and in or after Genesis 2:4 or starting with Genesis 2:5, it begins to to describe in detail now or this time, everything that was happening with (the two races of) man and the land animals/beasts on day 6, etc, so I don't get what is supposed to be a "mystery", or what is not supposed to be easy to understand, etc...

The whole of all the rest of the Bible (after Genesis 2:4) and even up to now, is all on day 6, and day 6 only, etc...

Day 7 begins after Armageddon or after Jesus returns to set up His Kingdom or rule and reign on earth, and that day will last until the end of this whole creations age final ending, etc...

So I don't get what is supposed to not be easy to understand, etc...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟964,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, it's perfectly logical to me, as I tried to explain, but you people are just not getting it, etc...

From Genesis 1 to Genesis 2:4 it is describing a literal history of an entire creation from beginning to end, days 1 through 7, and in or after Genesis 2:4 or starting with Genesis 2:5, it begins to to describe in detail now or this time, everything that was happening with (the two races of) man and the land animals/beasts on day 6, etc, so I don't get what is supposed to be a "mystery", or what is not supposed to be easy to understand, etc...

The whole of all the rest of the Bible (after Genesis 2:4) and even up to now, is all on day 6, and day 6 only, etc...

Day 7 begins after Armageddon or after Jesus returns to set up His Kingdom or rule and reign on earth, and that day will last until the end of this whole creations age final ending, etc...

So I don't get what is supposed to not be easy to understand, etc...?

God Bless!
The Garden of Eden was a special creation located in a specific region on the earth, and was populated with what would eventually become the race of the Sons of God both during and afterwards, etc, but that race, once they started encountering and began intermixing with the sons and daughters of men, were all but wiped out by the flood, which happened in the specific region of Mesopotamia, (where the original Son's of God were dwelling after the fall and after getting kicked out of the Garden), Anyway, were all but wiped out by a/the flood that happened there around 5700 BC, with only Noah and his family, and maybe Cain, remaining after that, etc, and they then eventually had no choice but to begin intermixing and interbreeding with the sons and daughters or men, or the other lesser race of man, after which their race and/or bloodline dwindled, or was made less, and became all but lost and/or gone after that, etc...

So I don't see what's not to get, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟964,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The original Sons of God, are called "just men made perfect", etc, but were of a different race or bloodline historically, etc, and began interbreeding with the other lesser race of man/men, etc, which in turn caused God to bring about the flood in their region, and wipe almost all of them out, etc...

And they lived perfectly, or their society was perfect really, but their great egotism and arrogance, resulted in them acting very wickedly, and when they began mixing with, and even interbreeding/crossbreeding with, the lesser race of man/men, etc, God had "had enough", etc, and that was "the last straw" concerning them for Him, etc, and so He decided to wipe out almost all of them from the face of the earth at that point, etc...

And then great egotism and/or arrogance persisted even yet again after the flood with the new race that had populated/re-populated there, etc, when they built the Tower of Babel, etc, when they then made or had caused God to have "had enough" yet again, etc, and the rest of that story you/me/we know, etc...

And it just seemed to keep happening again and again after that, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0