Forget Jesus!!!! Let's call down the angels!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟138,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will stand by that statement, too, because I myself was stating 'forget Jesus / let's call down the angels' in a sarcastic sense of humor. Do you read the statement "Todd has told us to forget Jesus" ??? No. But this is what you implied, so I felt I had to answer it.
Actually, that's what I inferred from what I thought you implied...

Upvote 0

GodsGlory

Jan 3, 2006
✟371.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Politics
US-Republican
I'll leave you all with this clip from the same revival where the OP claims that the message is "forget Jesus"...

Words are everything on forums.

You stated "the OP claims that the message is 'forget Jesus' ..."

No such claim appeared in the OP.

The TITLE stated "forget Jesus, lets just call on the angels" as a tag to draw people in to the topic. It was meant as both sarcasm and humor.

So now you understand.

Hopefully.

Reactions: Tamara224
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟138,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

You stated "the OP claims that the message is 'forget Jesus' ..."

No such claim appeared in the OP.

The TITLE stated "forget Jesus, lets just call on the angels" as a tag to draw people in to the topic. It was meant as both sarcasm and humor.

So now you understand.

Hopefully.
So, you chose the thread title just to get people to click on it and read it, and we're all just supposed to know that it was sarcastic and humorous?

Upvote 0
C

CryoftheNation

So now you're offended because you made a mistake and gave everyone the impression that you were accusing Todd of saying forget Jesus. Oh well! Maybe you should choose your words with a little more care, rather than simply going for the cheap shot guaranteed to offend people or mislead.

Ok so what we have is a section of audio lifted from who knows where, parts that may have been looped, may not. The footage has been deliberately doctored (video wise) to say whatever the poster wishes. We cannot tell what was said before or after this small section.

Taken out of context I can prove almost anything I want. As I have said before, To understand what is going on you need to actually look at the ministry, not just small doctored you tube clips.

Nice try, but you still cannot get around this.

Does he bring glory to God? YES
Does he lead people to the cross? YES hundreds
IS Jesus lifted high? YES

“Teacher,” said John, “we saw a man driving out demons in your name and we told him to stop, because he was not one of us.”

“Do not stop him,” Jesus said. “No one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me, for whoever is not against us is for us.

Mark 9:38-40 NIV

God Bless

Simon

Angels are a necessary part of spiritual warfare. They are as real as demons. Bentley is not at any point even this one advocating angels over God or Jesus.

Upvote 0

JAS4Yeshua

Servant of the Lord
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Marina, California
Visit site
✟64,964.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
2054930903_6818638e89.jpg

MOD HAT ON

This thread was moved into the Charismatic Debate Subforum. Please be aware that main Spirit-Filled / Charismatic forum is now debate free.​

Please refer to this announcement for more information: http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?t=7253303

Thank you.​

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

~RENEE~

Legend
Jan 21, 2005
home
✟36,026.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
this is a cut and paste from the ledger dot com.

It is a statement from the pastor of ignited.

The Rev. Stephen Strader, pastor of Ignited Church, who invited Bentley to Lakeland, is a minister in the Assemblies of God, and his church is part of the Peninsular Florida District of the Assemblies. He said he agreed with Wood and the statement from the Assemblies headquarters.
"We have the exact same concerns. We watch over everything. Everything that happens on the platform is scriptural," he said. Strader and Bentley say there has been very little talk about angels at the Florida Outpouring.
"Emma has never been part of this outpouring. It was an experience Todd had seven years ago, and it's been totally blown out of proportion," Strader said. "The nightly message has been totally 100 percent nothing but Jesus. People looking for a problem or a heresy, they're going to find it."
When ever one goes looking for something they will find it. Are we looking GOD or heresy?

And yes that video was doctored.

Upvote 0

Ajax 777

God is the Truth, not an opinion.
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2005
✟117,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Angels are a necessary part of spiritual warfare. They are as real as demons. Bentley is not at any point even this one advocating angels over God or Jesus.

I must take issue with this.

Angels are NOT necessary for the spiritual warfare WE are to wage. We do NOT call on angels, we call on the Name of the Lord, Whom the holy angels serve. We do NOT put our trust in angels, we put our trust in the Lord, Whom the holy angels ALSO trust. We do NOT expect angels to do our fighting for us, no...we put on our spiritual armor, and take up our spiritual sword which is the Word of God,
and we fight the good fight, and war against our flesh, and against powers, prinicipalities, rulers of darkness, and wickedness in high places...fighting alongside the angels, perhaps, but not depending on the angels themselves, but only on the Lord, upon Whom the holy angels ALSO depend...

And don't say that this is what you meant,
or that it is semantics I am arguing, because as was already stated, words are everything on a forum.

Just remember how John was rebuked by the angel who had shown him the vision of Revelation while he was exiled on the isle of Patmos...he fell down to worship the angel, but was told,
"Do not do that! I am a fellow servant of yours, and of your brethren the prophets, and of those who heed the words of this book. Worship God."

Reactions: youthwalk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟138,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have to wonder why, if angels are unimportant to warfare, that God sent Daniel an angel...
Daniel 10:11-13 (AMP)
11 And [the angel] said to me, O Daniel, you greatly beloved man, understand the words that I speak to you and stand upright, for to you I am now sent. And while he was saying this word to me, I stood up trembling. 12 Then he said to me, Fear not, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your mind and heart to understand and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come as a consequence of [and in response to] your words.13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me for twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief [of the celestial] princes, came to help me, for I remained there with the kings of Persia.

Upvote 0

Ajax 777

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2005
✟117,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have to wonder why, if angels are unimportant to warfare, that God sent Daniel an angel...
Daniel 10:11-13 (AMP)
11 And [the angel] said to me, O Daniel, you greatly beloved man, understand the words that I speak to you and stand upright, for to you I am now sent. And while he was saying this word to me, I stood up trembling. 12 Then he said to me, Fear not, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your mind and heart to understand and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come as a consequence of [and in response to] your words.13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me for twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief [of the celestial] princes, came to help me, for I remained there with the kings of Persia.

Well, you just said this part correctly: "God sent Daniel an angel."
It was GOD Who sent him...not the angel deciding himself to come...

Like it says, Daniel's words were heard because he humbled himself before God, not because he trusted in angels. God heard Daniel's words, and Daniel had been praying to God, and fasting and weeping before the Lord...the angel came to Daniel, I feel certain, on nothing less than God's command, because of his words, yes, which were spoken to the LORD.

Oh, that so many of us would follow that same example of obedience rather than self-will.

Upvote 0

PK For Real

Jun 30, 2008
✟15,128.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The proof that some of this stuff is fake is that we would NEVER do this stuff outside the church or the revival meeting. We'll only do it in God's Funhouse Mirror [the church] where the warped, bizarre, distorted, and misshapen passes for what is normal. We'd never do it at our job. We'd never do it in at the grocery store. We'd never do it at the police station. We'd never do it during a city hall meeting. We'd never do it on the used car lot. We'd never do it in the pizza and beer joint. We'd never do it at the bowling alley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjl5wKso9eUWhich reminds me of this [since Todd likes wrestling]

Yeah...I'm sure she needed a chiropractor after that epileptic fit. Holy Ghost induced whiplash FTW!

Upvote 0
C

CryoftheNation

I never once said that we depend on angels. Only that they were a neccesary part of spiritual warfare. They fight for God under His direction. I do not advocate puting our trust in angels, nor putting them before God. They can do nothing apart from God, just like us.

I don't see anyone here advocating following self will. We are all trying to be obedient to God in the way we believe he is telling us to.

Upvote 0

Ajax 777

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2005
✟117,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't see anyone here advocating following self will. We are all trying to be obedient to God in the way we believe he is telling us to.

Sorry, brother, if you felt like I was addressing that part to you...
it was just a general admonishment, meant to exhort anyone who read it and felt convicted by it...

I just said what I felt needed to be said, that's all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Old heresies die hard.
18 Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, 19 and not holding fast to the Head, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase that is from God. (Colossians 2)
~Jim

I would rather defend to the death your right to say stupid stuff than to have to listen to it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mea Culpa

Mar 18, 2004
✟37,241.00
Faith
Christian
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟33,596.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I came across this audio recording awhile ago, and like most believers of our Lord Jesus Christ I shook my head in disbelief and despair to what I was hearing. If you have any doubt that TB isn’t what others say that he is, such as a dangerous false prophet, then have a listen to the audio: http://www.deceptionbytes.com/Bentleys-Strange-World

TB said: “Now for some of you that are here, it doesn't really matter to you ... all that stuff. All you care about is ... God's moving. And you know what, that's all that really matters. So if you're not big on prophetic, supernatural, and angels, I'm sorry. It's my testimony. But if you want to know why God's moving, I have to tell you the whole story. And if you don't believe the story, well......sorry.”

No doubt TB is saying that our Almighty God, our Lord Jesus Christ is moving in his ministry, because of the supernatural and angels?

He said: “You know, I told the Lord, ‘Why can't I just move in healing and forget talking about all that -other stuff?’ He said, ‘Because, Todd you've got to get the people to believe in the angel.’ I said, ‘God, why do I want people to believe in the angel? Isn't it about getting the people to believe in Jesus?’ He said, ‘The people already believe in Jesus, but the Church doesn't believe in the supernatural.’”

This is frightening?

TB is telling us that believing in ANGELS is more important than preaching and teaching our Lord Jesus Christ!

Now the warning lights go on when our Almighty God, our Lord Jesus Christ, tells TB that he has to get people to believe in “THIS, HIS ANGEL”. Why TB’s “special angel”? What angel is TB talking about, because he mentions many angels, such as: Emma; Samael; The Winds of Change Angel; The Financial Angel; The Angel of Liberty; The Healing Revival Angel; and William Branham’s angel?

Now, when we test the TBs spirits and weigh TBs angelogy and teaching up against His Word, we see the demonic and occult, and a teaching that is rife with angels. Who is this “special angel” that his “lord” (Angel of light?) wants him to make the Body of Christ to believe in? We know that from past writings or his early days he made made many references on stage that he attributed the healings to his angel Emma. TB invited people onstage so that his “special angel” could enter them. This same angel is talked about in great length by TB in his teachings on “The Angelic Host”.

Anyway, we can express our concerns as much as we like on the past, but many articles and blogs on the internet that rose our concerns and condemning him as a heretic and false prophet/teachers, particularly the references to Emma, have magically disappeared from his website. As we see “signs and wonders” here, “Now you see them---now you don’t”!

TB continues on: “The Church has no problem believing in Jesus, what we don't believe in is the supernatural. We don't believe in angels. We don't believe in the prophetic. We don't believe in some of what's going on. And I'll tell you what; we need to have an awakening. I said, ‘Well, God, maybe you want to give this ministry to somebody else, because nobody's going to receive it in the package that I come in?’ I said, ‘You gotta give me the most controversial testimony? You gotta visit me with all this supernatural stuff?’ I mean, hey, maybe if I was a little more clean-shaven and polished, people would believe me more. Or maybe, the world is looking for something new... How many of you believe we need something new?”

What is TB saying here? Is he telling our Almighty God that people were not going to receive his ministry because of his outer appearance that he (Bentley) comes in, such as piercings, tattoos and showmanship. Now we all know from videos that he is clean cut and clean shaven, but he tattooed and pierced himself well after he established his ministry. If he is going to complain to our Almighty God, our Lord Jesus Christ, Y’shua that no one one would receive him because of the way he looks, then why did he do it in the first place?

What doesn’t make sense, is that, he is complaining that our Almighty God, our Lord Jesus Christ, Y’shua is visiting him with all this supernatural stuff, yet he is the only one who is actively pursuing it.

Are we the the only ones who thinks that TBs thinking and teaching is completely and utterly insane, and false

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟138,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Interestingly enough, the article at that link is titled "No room for Jesus in Bentley's Strange World".

The articles states (emphasis added), "S...o Todd Bentley is telling us that getting people to believe in THE angel is more important than preaching Jesus..." Which sounds real scary and everything, except if you actually listen to the clip, you'll find no such statement. Instead, this is the conclusion that is drawn by the author of the article, who felt it necessary to once again add his own commentary rather than letting people read and hear the words for themselves.

I guess he must not have seen the thousands of people standing around singing about the wonderful name of Jesus at the revival on YouTube, because surely he wouldn't have titled the article "No room for Jesus..." if he had, would he?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.