Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
In light of the controversies surrounding the SBC, someone brought up an interesting question on the Reformed Baptist Fellowship and Theology Forum on Facebook. I am curious about your thoughts brothers,
"Whether ordaining women as pastor or deacon comes under secondary issues?
I found this question really interesting. Our confessional position is obvious, but would you say this falls into a third category that is neither primary or secondary, but nonetheless dangerous? Heterodox for sure, but heresy? Is there any writer that discusses this very thing?

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,745,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I’m sure we can find writers out there. My view is it’s primary. Or Primary 1.1. I can worship in a church that doesn’t do the Lord’s Supper my way, or baptism my way, or my choice of worship music. However, a church with a woman pastor isn’t a church.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟757,654.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
It's a primary issue. Women can be deacons (a non-ordained office) but not Elders/Pastors/Ministers.

In 2017 I was attending a very orthodox Anglican parish pastored by a man training to be a chaplain for the Canadian Military. The services were on point, smartly done. The Gospel was central and the homilies were short and to the point. Unfortunately he had to leave to take on his roll in the military creating a vacancy that was filled by a lady (pretending to be) a minister. I left the parish, eventually making my way back to the Baptist church just before covid hit in 2019, I will remain there. I'm tired of sweeping water uphill. Better to worship with Calminisn than liberals.

^_^

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟125,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
In 2017 I was attending a very orthodox Anglican parish pastored by a man training to be a chaplain for the Canadian Military. The services were on point, smartly done. The Gospel was central and the homilies were short and to the point. Unfortunately he had to leave to take on his roll in the military creating a vacancy that was filled by a lady (pretending to be) a minister. I left the parish, eventually making my way back to the Baptist church just before covid hit in 2019, I will remain there. I'm tired of sweeping water uphill. Better to worship with Calminisn than liberals.

^_^

I've attended churches (non-reformed) that allowed women to peach simply because, in the argument of the elder, "This will show men to stand up and take roles in the church." Yeah, that is not the kind of message you send in defiance to God's word.

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0