False Testimony on Todd Bentley’s Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟33,596.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Learn to be patient.
Learn to be self-controlled.
Learn to be gentle.
Learn to be faithful.
Learn to be good.
Learn to be kind.
Learn to be joyful.
Learn to be peaceful.
Learn to be loving.
Learn not to sin.
Learn to confess.
Learn to repent.
Learn to forgive.
Learn to submit to His Word.
Learn to discern the wiles of the enemy.

Be blessed in Jesus' Name.

Upvote 0

Mathetes the kerux

Tales of a Twice Born Man
Aug 1, 2004
Santa Rosa CA
Visit site
✟8,217.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What we are seeing before our eyes is a culmination of the strong delusion that will be sent by God in these last days..Universalism is being packaged in a palpable way for those who dont study out what is being purported as "of God"...It has happened for a long time and has spurts here and there of popularity...The doctrine of Apokastasis (restoration of all things) is being promoted more and more within the confines of Christianity. This is no less than Universalism as well...The culmination of these teachings will be that all roads lead to God..Years ago we always heard the term "one world religion"..This is what Satan desires, a false god, deceiving even the very elect if possible, that he may be worshiped here on earth...Lying signs and wonders are already accompanying those who walk in error...Just because God confirmed His word through the apostles with signs in wonders with the establishing of the church, dont miss the warnings that before the church is taken away, the enemy of your souls is trying to copy what God did back then..:)

Wow.

If you could for me, dear brother, link the lines together for me that root this all in Universalism, or *Christian* Universal Reconciliationism (UR).

I am quite familiar with this all . . . but I am VERY interested in how the two (TB and UR) connect.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Mathetes the kerux

Aug 1, 2004
Santa Rosa CA
Visit site
✟8,217.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I came to this thread hoping to learn more about TB. I heard about him elsewhere and started to look into his ministry.

Has anyone ever heard him teach from the pulpit? If so, does he teach the Gospel as written? Does he speak of salvation through Jesus Christ or only healing? Does he prepare his flock to go out and spread the Gospel to others as we are commanded?

I ask this because all I have seen of the guy is the healing videos or him talking about healing people. I am wondering if there is anymore to his ministry.

I have heard him teach lots. Going back about 5 years now.

He mentions Jesus . . . but his mentions take for granted that the people he is speaking to are already believers . . .

I have never heard him mention WHAT the Gospel IS . . . though I have heard him mention the WORD Gospel.

No substitutionary atonement . . . no double imputation . . . no propitiation, expiation, removal of the wrath of God, justification . . . in short . . . NO CROSS.

His huge emphasis is healing and the supernatural . . . of late, in particular, is the angels.

Just FYI.

Upvote 0

Mathetes the kerux

Aug 1, 2004
Santa Rosa CA
Visit site
✟8,217.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your condescending tone is getting worn out.
I like his bluntness....the word ratbag got your intention eh? Mine too! Don't act holier than thou here missy. :wave:
It's a forum.

Peace and God Bless.

While I doubt that Charity A and I see eye to eye on the Bentley thing . . . the term "ratbag" could have been left out and the point still quite graciously made. :pray: I think that is true.

Or perhaps it could have been said
"White washed tombs full 'o dead men's bones" ^_^ . . . though these guy don't doctrinally fall into the same camp as the Pharisees.

Upvote 0

Mathetes the kerux

Aug 1, 2004
Santa Rosa CA
Visit site
✟8,217.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's simply amazing how you can post something that is talking about people who ALREADY BELIEVE in Jesus (i.e. Christians), and continue to insinuate that Todd Bentley is advocating that Jesus is not important.

You have SORELY ripped that quote out of its proper context to bear false witness against and misrepresent what Todd Bentley actually said in that clip.

This is why your "warnings" are suspect, because apparently, you feel it's OK to remove single sentences from their context to make it appear as though something is being promoted that is not.

People warning others shouldn't need to use deception as one of their tools to get their message across.

Hmm . . . I think I agree with the other gent though. I do agree that this quote has been ripped out of its context and warpped to mean something that TB never meant it to mean. I must be gracious and truthful.

BUT . . . JESUS IS THE GOSPEL.

Perhaps it TB stemmed his teachings with a foundation in the Gospel . . . that would make the most sense to me . . . and would probably guard him from MUCH error.

But as it is, though I don't think TB meant "no Jesus, only angels" by his statement, practically speaking, from seeing the sessions and such, Jesus seems to be only a name prayed in and mentioned during songs. The person and work of Christ are certainly NOT the foundation for ANY of the teaching . . . and here (the person and work of Christ) is where ALL of ANY teaching should originate. Teach on angels . . . fine . . . miracles and healing . . . awesome. BUT ROOT THEM ALL WITHIN A CLEAR AND ACCURATE DOCTRINE OF THE PERSON AND WORK OF CHRIST ROOTED IN THE DEATH, BURIAL and RESURRECTION AND THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST.

According to Paul (1 Cor 15:3) the Gospel is of FIRST importance . . . with these meetings . . . it is Emma and winds of change . . . though they may not say it like this . . . functionally this IS the case.

AND . . . he does say that God tells him "The church has no problem believing in Jesus," . . . but this is not the case . . . THIS IS THE GREATEST PROBLEM IN THE CHURCH TODAY.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tamara224
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mathetes the kerux

Aug 1, 2004
Santa Rosa CA
Visit site
✟8,217.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Calm down, SP, and do some research for yourself on the article you're criticizing.

Thanks to the amazing Web Archive, you can see the entire article in its totality as it was on the Fresh Fire website on December 4, 2003 at this link;

http://web.archive.org/web/20031204215254/www.freshfire.ca/teaching.asp

Here, you can see the original article was entitled "Angelic Hosts". There is one section of that article with a subheading "Emma, Angel of the Prophetic", but that was not the title, nor do I believe, the FOCUS of that article.

The article had 23 subheadings in total, 1 of which had ANYTHING at all to do with "Emma". In that section, "Emma" was mentioned 13 times, "she" 15 times, and "her" 10 times.

This 17 page article has 99 paragraphs and 9,631 words (according to my installation of Word 2003). That means that 38 out of 9,631 words, or rather, 0.3% of that article had to do with Emma and/or female angels.

Hmm . . . but I think the contrast was Jesus to angels . . . and the article is NOT about Jesus but about angels. Overwhelmingly.

Upvote 0

charityagape

Blue Chicken Gives You Horns
May 6, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟24,930.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
While I doubt that Charity A and I see eye to eye on the Bentley thing . . . the term "ratbag" could have been left out and the point still quite graciously made. :pray: I think that is true.

Or perhaps it could have been said
"White washed tombs full 'o dead men's bones" ^_^ . . . though these guy don't doctrinally fall into the same camp as the Pharisees.

:D Why thank you very much..........and yes I still find "ratbag" to be a bit much.

Upvote 0

geetrue

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟73,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Todd bentley is obviously under some kind of pressure to amend his ways, but from who?

Todd has staff meetings, he has Bob Jones, he has Bob Conners, he has Toronto's blessings and Brownsville's blessings and Rodney Howard Browne's blessings.

He has a cell phone for family and friends and a spiritual gift of talking to God ... Satan is his enemy just as Satan is our emeny.

Todd is correcting mistakes that's all ... this revival is growing day by day.

It is now 93 days and counting. The peak is suppose to be between July 22nd and August 22nd at which time Todd is going to take his show on the road to UK and Africa.

After that who knows ... if Todd Bentley doesn't turn you on ... why watch him.

I'm watching a replay right now watching the audience sing "Power in the Blood of the lamb" tuns me on, vibrates me, tunes me up, anoints me, blesses me, healing me.

How great is our God ... Todd is going to make mistakes simply because he is a man.

"No eye has seen"
"No ear has heard"
"No mind has concieved
what God has prepared for
those that love Him"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If your pastor preached a controversial sermon, that some claimed was heresy, you’d expect it to cause some heated discussion within the church.

I wouldn't expect it at all . More often than not , people stick up for their leaders . They wouldn't know what to do without them - it approaches worship in many cases .

Look at the Catholic scandal . One would expect a massive exodus ( especially among parents ) . But , no . In fact , appologists defend their group and downplay the situation . Among P/C's I have seen loyalty to the extreme in many groups . Coverup doesn't surprise me one bit .

Now , outright honesty in a situation - THAT would surprise me .

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟33,596.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If your pastor preached a controversial sermon, that some claimed was heresy, you’d expect it to cause some heated discussion within the church.

I wouldn't expect it at all . More often than not , people stick up for their leaders . They wouldn't know what to do without them - it approaches worship in many cases .

Look at the Catholic scandal . One would expect a massive exodus ( especially among parents ) . But , no . In fact , appologists defend their group and downplay the situation . Among P/C's I have seen loyalty to the extreme in many groups . Coverup doesn't surprise me one bit .

Now , outright honesty in a situation - THAT would surprise me .

If I disagree with a teaching of my pastor, I phone him, and make an appointment with him, then discuss it with him in reason. Now I thought that would be a normal thing to do.

We all make mistakes and we learn by our mistakes!

Be blessed in Jesus' Name.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.