America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If your pastor preached a controversial sermon, that some claimed was heresy, you’d expect it to cause some heated discussion within the church. The reference point in these discussions would revolve around the transcript of the sermon.

But what if someone then went into the church website and doctored the transcript, removing his most controversial remarks? Well this is what just happened on Todd Bentley’s website.

Fresh Fire Ministries have removed all references to “Emma” and to this 'angel' being female. Astoundingly, they have also changed what the Lord supposedly said; they’ve actually changed quotations and left the words in quotation marks!!!

Example

Original version:

The Lord answered: "She is releasing the gold, which is both the revelation and the financial breakthrough that I am bringing into this church. I want you to prophecy that Emma showed up in this service the same angel that appeared in Kansas city as a sign that I am endorsing and releasing a prophetic spirit in the church."

New doctored version:

The Lord answered: “This angel is releasing the gold, which is both the revelation and the financial breakthrough that I am bringing into this church. I want you to prophecy that the angel’s appearance is a sign that I am endorsing and releasing a prophetic spirit in the church.”

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who or what bes "Emma", some dead relative of his? If so then we know where that comes from.

A rough equivalent of a conglomeration of Apollo, Morpheus, Carmenta, Plutus, Abundantia, Fortuna, and Porrima. Basically a member of a pantheon.

Upvote 0

Simon Peter

14th Generation PROTESTant
Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Why do all these highly huckstered events have to be the last great move of God? IMO, they are usually nothing more than the focus of a well-oiled PR machine that sometimes gets caught in its own exaggerations. As long as there are willing (gullible) buyers, we will have these slick promotions and have to account for their occasional embellishments. When these sort of things happen it does make you wonder what else we are being told that is just not true and if we are just being scammed (again).

~Jim
It is not the person who has too little, but the person who craves too much, that is poor.

Upvote 0

Deba

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want (period)
Jul 8, 2007
An American living in Laos
✟13,167.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Simon Peter

14th Generation PROTESTant
Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why do all these highly huckstered events have to be the last great move of God? IMO, they are usually nothing more than the focus of a well-oiled PR machine that sometimes gets caught in its own exaggerations. As long as there are willing (gullible) buyers, we will have these slick promotions and have to account for their occasional embellishments. When these sort of things happen it does make you wonder what else we are being told that is just not true and if we are just being scammed (again).

~Jim

It is not the person who has too little, but the person who craves too much, that is poor.

You are absolutely right Jim. Why should I trust anything on Todd Bentley's website?

This reminds me of the Kansas City Prophets (now known as International House of Prayer or IHOP) who actually employed people to "edit" doctor transcripts and tapes so that America wouldn't find out what they really believe.

Todd Bentley is 'in bed' with IHOP, and I guess this practice is still acceptable....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DianeL

Jan 31, 2008
✟8,728.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I've been asking myself a few questions since this female angel was mentioned.

If angels are genderless, why do some of the angels who are mentioned/appeared in God's Word 'look' like men? Given men's names,

I mean, why like men (look like us - sort of)

It has me wondering if angels can 'look' like women ? or anything?

Have you guys ever asked that too?

It's really has me thinking.

Upvote 0

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've been asking myself a few questions since this female angel was mentioned.

If angels are genderless, why do some of the angels who are mentioned/appeared in God's Word 'look' like men? Given men's names,

I mean, why like men (look like us - sort of)

It has me wondering if angels can 'look' like women ? or anything?

Have you guys ever asked that too?

It's really has me thinking.

Where are Angels given men's names? The only 2 angels named in the Bible are Michael and Gabriel. They are names that refer to God (the El part) and are essentially genderless.

Upvote 0

youthwalk

Kimpa Vita
Dec 7, 2005
Visit site
✟47,713.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ididn't want to get involved in this Todd Bently debate but I find it hard to understand how some DON'T get the wrong vibe from his teachings. Not that "vibe" means anything. WhatI mean by "vibe" is that churning in your spirit that says; "no, somethings off."

I'm not making any judgements about the man as I have never met him, but I can say what the Holy Spirit tells me, and I don't believe that all of the speculations about him are without merit.

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are absolutely right Jim. Why should I trust anything on Todd Bentley's website?

This reminds me of the Kansas City Prophets (now known as International House of Prayer or IHOP) who actually employed people to "edit" doctor transcripts and tapes so that America wouldn't find out what they really believe.

Todd Bentley is 'in bed' with IHOP, and I guess this practice is still acceptable....

Doctored prophecies? :eek:

No wonder their prophecies are so accurate. ;)

Actually, my denomination was briefly associated with the Kansas City thing until abuses (possibly like this) caused them to withdraw support and affiliation in mid-90s (much to my relief). I am glad the Vineyard made that wise decision or I would never have been a part of them.

~Jim

Upvote 0

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Doctored prophecies? :eek:

No wonder their prophecies are so accurate. ;)

Actually, my denomination was briefly associated with the Kansas City thing until abuses (possibly like this) caused them to withdraw support and affiliation in mid-90s (much to my relief). I am glad the Vineyard made that wise decision or I would never have been a part of them.

~Jim

Sadly a local vineyard here is getting in the proverbial bed with IHOP.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DianeL

Jan 31, 2008
✟8,728.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Where are Angels given men's names? The only 2 angels named in the Bible are Michael and Gabriel. They are names that refer to God (the El part) and are essentially genderless.

Hi BenAdam;

Those are the names I was referring to.

Maybe it's us giving men these names, as my friend who is named Michael (is a man).

I've still got to sort this out

Thank you for responding:)

Upvote 0

BenAdam

Pirate King
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Tortuga
✟51,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi BenAdam;

Those are the names I was referring to.

Maybe it's us giving men these names, as my friend who is named Michael (is a man).

I've still got to sort this out

Thank you for responding:)

Well because they have been used as male names doesn't mean they are males. Even if the appearance of angels would be either male or female doesn't change the fact that they are implied to be neither. As Jesus stated that in the ressurection we will not be married but be as like the Angels in heaven.

Upvote 0

DianeL

Jan 31, 2008
✟8,728.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Well because they have been used as male names doesn't mean they are males. Even if the appearance of angels would be either male or female doesn't change the fact that they are implied to be neither. As Jesus stated that in the ressurection we will not be married but be as like the Angels in heaven.

I agree, then Emma is neither male or female (as we understand it) regardless of appearance?

Please note, I'm not arguing here, just working it out.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.