Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You could offer them heaven instead of threatening them with hell, but I suppose that's just not your style.

If I remember right, I was asked specifically if I believed she would end up in Hell.

You don't know the conversation, so let's just drop it.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,948,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Scene:
A person is dying in hospital after a lifetime of physical suffering.
They're regarded as being a model citizen and an enormously caring human being, loved by thousands of their community.
They've spent a lifetime of caring for others.

AV1611VET: 'You're going to burn in hell'.

The person gasps their last breath .. and dies in agony front of AV1611VET's eyes.

He saunters away chuffed and mutters to himself: 'Yeah I really stuck it that sucker! Mission complete!

VERY SELDOM do I report someone.

This post I reported.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,948,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
AV, I think we both know that it's also possible for a person to be a theist and die and also go to the place where the Son doesn't shine.

That is correct.

So, harping as you do solely on the mindsets and outlooks and presence of atheists (many of whom are really Ex-Christians) probably isn't very productive, all things considered.

I was told she was an atheist, and asked specific questions, and gave specific answers.

Drop it, please.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟362,947.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
He will not be deterred by these comments he knows what he believes and why and he sticks with it.

What on God's green Earth made you think that I would be working to deter AV from what he believes with what I said?

• Haha
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟155,182.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Have you not noticed that AV regularly brings on his dog and pony show whenever another creationist starts overplaying his hand? What's become of Aussie Pete since yesterday?
I've noticed that people with no
courtesy, or regard for forum
rules persist in disrupting and deraiing
with posts having no bearing on the topic.

I've also noticed those who act as enablers by responding

I've further noted that the inevitable result
is the modulators step in and close the thread
for multiple violations.

• Agree
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟245,678.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
VERY SELDOM do I report someone.

This post I reported.
Then you had best report this one also.

@SelfSim has captured exactly how your posts are perceived by myself and, I suspect, several others. You proffer an endless stream of vindictive, nasty critiques of science, of those who value of science, of Christians who disagree with you and when we complain you treat the complainants with snide, arrogant dismissal. Pehaps you do not realise that this is how your posts appear: you have now been informed.

Upvote 0

partinobodycular

Jun 8, 2021
partinowherecular
✟91,615.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Then he asked me if I thought she should burn in Hell for being an atheist, despite all the good she has done.

I'm curious, do you reject the premise of "once saved, always saved", which would seem to allow for someone who dies while professing atheism to still get to heaven?

And one other thing, what signifies that a person is in fact a Christian... the words that come out of their mouth, or the actions that come out of their heart? Because it seems to me that the former simply reflects their experience with the world, and the latter is actually the one that reflects their relationship with God.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟155,182.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm curious, do you reject the premise of "once saved, always saved", which would seem to allow for someone who dies while professing atheism to still get to heaven?

And one other thing, what signifies that a person is in fact a Christian... the words that come out of their mouth, or the actions that come out of their heart? Because it seems to me that the former simply reflects their experience with the world, and the latter is actually the one that reflects their relationship with God.
Must you respond to posts that deliberstely violate
the statement of purpose.?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,948,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Good question.

Thank you for asking it.

No, I do not reject the premise of "once saved, always saved."

Also known as: eternal security.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

If a person gets saved, then dies professing atheism, I believe he is going to Heaven.

That's a toughy.

Some people define "Christian" as CHRIST FOLLOWER.

While others define "Christian" as CHRIST-LIKE.

Some accuse the CHRIST FOLLOWERS of "easy believeism."

While others accuse the CHRIST-LIKES as "legalists."

I personally think a Christian is one who is a CHRIST FOLLOWER, with the hope that one day he will be CHRIST-LIKE.

(If that makes sense.)

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,115,199.00
Country
United States