WI
✟112,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I had made a post on reddit, I was ranting about aging. Anyways, this is what I got in return, won't show whole original post.

Five words to say about Reddit: Reddit is a toxic wasteland.

That is why I do not have an account there.

Reactions: stevenb6
Upvote 0

stevenb6

Apr 24, 2023
United States
✟18,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Five words to say about Reddit: Reddit is a toxic wasteland.

That is why I do not have an account there.
Jesus had dinner at Matthew's house. Many tax collectors and “sinners” came and ate with Jesus and his followers.

:D

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟112,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus had dinner at Matthew's house. Many tax collectors and “sinners” came and ate with Jesus and his followers.

:D
True, but sometimes it gets hard to continually have dinner with bad forces. Please do not give Reddit much of your time, or money (yes, even Reddit has a subscription service, for fancy avatars).

Upvote 0

stevenb6

Apr 24, 2023
United States
✟18,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
True, but sometimes it gets hard to continually have dinner with bad forces. Please do not give Reddit much of your time, or money (yes, even Reddit has a subscription service, for fancy avatars).
Right, I hear ya. I don't spend much time there, just had something on my mind.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟112,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Right, I hear ya. I don't spend much time there, just had something on my mind.
Cool. Anyways, good luck on the responses here. I am backing out, just had to give my $0.02 on the topic of Reddit.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟914,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had made a post on reddit, I was ranting about aging. Anyways, this is what I got in return, won't show whole original post.

Life in the flesh is one thing everlasting life is another. Jesus Christ of Nazareth came to restore everlasting lasting life once lost by the fall but now restored through Him. This has to do with the " second death" and not our death in the flesh. Adam and Eve walked with God which means they had no knowledge of the second death. As far as their flesh, I do believe at some point it would have expired.
Blessings

Reactions: stevenb6
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟735,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

I'm unsure what the other person intended by using Mark 4:15, except that Adam and Eve seemingly immediately fell, having believed the serpent's lie.

As an objection to your point, that seems to suggest that God intended the fall to happen--a position most Christians would not agree with, though I'm aware at least some Calvinists hold that the Fall itself was predestined (debates between Supralapsarians and Infralapsarians among Calvinists are common). Supralapsarians believe God's decrees of election and reprobation are from before (supra) the fall (lapse); whereas Infralapsarians hold that these decrees are after (infra) the fall. Thus from a Supralapsarian perspective the Fall is itself part of God's decree; and thus intended by God.

Outside of a Calvinist, and specifically Supralapsarian perspective, I'm not sure how else to understand how Mark 4:15 is meant to relate to the topic of the Fall.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0