So I’m kind of freaked out right now and wonder what you make of this…

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,751,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My sister as some of you know almost succeeded in killing herself last December. She was diagnosed as schizophrenic and bi-polar with some shrinkage of the brain due to that. Anyway, mom got a message from her today and for some reason St. Faustina came to mind immediately as I read her diary when I was in the process of converting. I know St. Faustina is considered a mystic and saint by the Church today and I know her fellow nuns considered her mentally off but was she mentally ill? What do you think? I know God can use anyone in any circumstance for His glory but except for one thing that puzzled me, her message to mom really reminded me of things St. Faustina said on her diary.

Remember she is not Catholic and only recently returned to the Lord. Here is the message:

Mom, I have been told directly from Jesus himself, to ask for agreement in prayer, for his continual healing for the crufix and my sins and the sins of others!

He is in constant suffering, because our continual sins!

He said that we can bestow all the gifts that he give us, unto him. With unlimited eternal blessings!

Please quote "unlimited eternal blessings!"

Please will you spread the word on the Red door website, so that everyone will know and understand his continual suffering?!

The Holy Spirit will confirm what he is saying!

Jesus wants you to post my text exactly how I am telling you!

He said, to always pray for the Father, the Holy Spirit and especially Jesus! Amen!

Any thoughts?

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,751,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think I need to clarify so nobody misunderstands. I’m not looking for mental health advice. She is already under a doctor’s care. I just thought this message sounded like something out of St. Faustina’s Diary. I just wanted to know what people thought about that message she heard.

• Friendly
Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟453,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
My sister as some of you know almost succeeded in killing herself last December. She was diagnosed as schizophrenic and bi-polar with some shrinkage of the brain due to that. Anyway, mom got a message from her today and for some reason St. Faustina came to mind immediately as I read her diary when I was in the process of converting. I know St. Faustina is considered a mystic and saint by the Church today and I know her fellow nuns considered her mentally off but was she mentally ill? What do you think? I know God can use anyone in any circumstance for His glory but except for one thing that puzzled me, her message to mom really reminded me of things St. Faustina said on her diary.

Remember she is not Catholic and only recently returned to the Lord. Here is the message:

Mom, I have been told directly from Jesus himself, to ask for agreement in prayer, for his continual healing for the crufix and my sins and the sins of others!

He said that we can bestow all the gifts that he give us, unto him. With unlimited eternal blessings!

Please will you spread the word on the Red door website, so that everyone will know and understand his continual suffering?!

He said, to always pray for the Father, the Holy Spirit and especially Jesus! Amen!

Any thoughts?
Is this unusual for her?

IMHO this is in direct contrast to Protestant think.
They do not consider the Lord grieved by sin now, the deal was done.

Interesting to note:
The chaplet of the Precious Blood of Jesus prayer:​
L: O most Precious Blood of Jesus Christ.​
R: Heal the wounds in the most Sacred Heart of Jesus.​

And she does not sound highly literate [I mean theologically inclined] and it is all in favor of the Lord.
So it is possible she had a personal profound intuitive message.

May the Lord continue to heal her. :crossrc: :crossrc: :crossrc:

It seems He maybe calling her to Catholicism.
Maybe send her the Diary of St Faustina.

• Friendly
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,751,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is this unusual for her?

IMHO this is in direct contrast to Protestant think.
They do not consider the Lord grieved by sin now, the deal was done.

Interesting to note:
The chaplet of the Precious Blood of Jesus prayer:​
L: O most Precious Blood of Jesus Christ.​
R: Heal the wounds in the most Sacred Heart of Jesus.​

And she does not sound highly literate [I mean theologically inclined] and it is all in favor of the Lord.
So it is possible she had a personal profound intuitive message.

May the Lord continue to heal her. :crossrc: :crossrc: :crossrc:

It seems He maybe calling her to Catholicism.
Maybe send her the Diary of St Faustina.
Seems she talks to God everyday day now WA. Since she has gotten out of the hospital and returned to Church.

Problem is, part of her condition is she has audio hallucinations.

I mean, unless something is blatantly in error, who is to say? I just thought it sounded similar to things I read in St. Faustina’s Diary. I know St. Faustina was accused of being mentally ill herself. I also know God can use anyone. But given her condition I really have to proceed with caution. She knows zero about the Catholic faith and is not interested in it at all. But the message sounds quite Catholic in a St. Faustina style. It just really threw me through a loop. As far as guiding her, etc. No. she is still very secretive and secluded. So I don’t push it.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟437,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Any thoughts?
That's an interesting message, I'm not sure what to make of it. On the one hand it's ultimately bringing the reader's attention to Jesus which is good and was always the basis for judging the authenticity of a supposedly divine message. But looking at the finer theological points is it right to say he's suffering? In the present tense? I don't know, I don't want to get in the weeds on that one.

Thinking about what you said about Saint Faustina being considered mentally unwell by her sisters, I think about the modern tendency (both religious and secular) towards the fallacy of presentism. I remember some protestant pastors asserting that the possessed individuals in the gospels weren't possessed but just mentally ill. It was their way of trying to destigmatize mental health issues, but in the process it stripped the spiritual and supernatural realities out of the story.

Anyway, I kinda wonder if some roundabout way we may be doing the same thing with people today. I mean, not every mental health diagnosis is a failure to recognize the supernatural, but I wouldn't be surprised if at least a few are.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,022,981.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Continue to pray for her. Anything is possible with God. God works in mysterious ways.

Just may be what your sister needs. God may very well be calling her to His church etc.

God bless her and you and your family.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,751,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’m curious how Jesus can be in constant suffering now that He sits at the right hand of the Father? Isn’t His suffering finished? There is no suffering in Heaven. Right? And praying for God the Father and Jesus? The more I think on this I see some red flags…

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟766,819.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To me unfortunately it sounds more like a result of her mental illness. I'm not tossing any supernatural explanation out the window as I've had a few experiences of my own, but I'd be cautious. As for as what action to take, I'd say just let it go and see what happens.

Way back when I was in the Presbyterian Church I got to know a few people with schizophrenia, one bloke in particular. He and others were in a hostel fairly close to the church. He moved to another hostel later and there was an aboriginal lady there with mental illness and possibly alcohol issues. But she said Jesus had appeared to her.

I didn't know what to believe and I still don't. On the one hand she was mentally ill, but on the other hand she was one of the "least of these my (sisters)". Had Christ appeared to encourage her?

There was little I could do, and I think you're in the same position. Just wait and see what happens. She might become Catholic, but that decision will be up to her.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟766,819.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I’m curious how Jesus can be in constant suffering now that He sits at the right hand of the Father? Isn’t His suffering finished? There is no suffering in Heaven. Right? And praying for God the Father and Jesus? The more I think on this I see some red flags…
I think God does suffer even if He's in heaven due to the afflictions of His people.

When He sees someone being abused He's hurt. Amongst other things the politicians who condone abortion have no idea of the judgement they're bringing on themselves.

For them it's an "ethical" issue as they sit in their plush parlimentary chairs handsomely renumerated by the taxpayer.

For God it's a spectacle He endure every day. He's IN every abortion clinic. He SEES every single abortion and every child murdered - that's the difference.

I don't think He's sitting in heaven listening to silence and music all day long. He's very much afflected by what happens here.

And we're going to answer for it too. I think there's one almighty judgement on its way.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟766,819.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My justificatiion for writing the above is encapsulated in Christ's words -

Matthew 25:40 - NIV - The King will reply, "Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of these the least of my brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me."
That cuts two ways - he was talking about faithful servants at the time, but it also applies to what we do TO the "least of my brothers and sisters".

When he was talking to the "goats", Christ stated - NIV Matthew 25:45 "He wil reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of these the least of these, you did not do for me."
When Christ was lifted up on the cross, He "drew all men" to Himself.

In doing so He made us responsible agents for Him and the "least of these my brothers and sisters".

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,751,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is anyone here familiar with St. Faustina’s Diary? I just remember a thread on this topic is a sticky in the chapel if anyone cares to skim through.

It’s strange reading your own comments after a period of time.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟280,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Interesting. What she says does sound like the messages that come from mystics, but I don't think I'd place a lot of emphasis on it; it could be simply another aspect of her illness presenting itself. Or it might not. I would take a "wait and see" approach.....continue to monitor what she's saying, and definitely continue to pray for her; but unless she's truly showing a deep desire for Catholicism, I doubt that what she's presenting is a truly mystical message. I could be wrong. But unless it starts to come with other obvious changes in her religious or personal outlooks and behavior, I wouldn't place too much emphasis on it.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,751,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Interesting. What she says does sound like the messages that come from mystics, but I don't think I'd place a lot of emphasis on it; it could be simply another aspect of her illness presenting itself. Or it might not. I would take a "wait and see" approach.....continue to monitor what she's saying, and definitely continue to pray for her; but unless she's truly showing a deep desire for Catholicism, I doubt that what she's presenting is a truly mystical message. I could be wrong. But unless it starts to come with other obvious changes in her religious or personal outlooks and behavior, I wouldn't place too much emphasis on it.
Agreed. I was up most the night. The more I thought about it the less comfortable I am with it. Any little deviation is a red flag imo. She has no interest in Catholicism. What struck me was the similarities in style to St. Faustina’s Diary. But that means nothing given her condition. She rarely will share what the voices say.

• Prayers
Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟70,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Any thoughts?
MIch -

As you may remember, I'm Bipolar.

Something I never talk about here are my audio hallucinations. They are common among people with brain disorders. Among schizophrenics, they are more common and much more sophisticated.

These are very likely the spinning machinations of a sick mind.

I'm sorry.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,751,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MIch -

As you may remember, I'm Bipolar.

Something I never talk about here are my audio hallucinations. They are common among people with brain disorders. Among schizophrenics, they are more common and much more sophisticated.

These are very likely the spinning machinations of a sick mind.

I'm sorry.
I agree.

• Agree
Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟453,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Seems she talks to God everyday day now WA. Since she has gotten out of the hospital and returned to Church.

Problem is, part of her condition is she has audio hallucinations.

I mean, unless something is blatantly in error, who is to say? I just thought it sounded similar to things I read in St. Faustina’s Diary. I know St. Faustina was accused of being mentally ill herself. I also know God can use anyone. But given her condition I really have to proceed with caution. She knows zero about the Catholic faith and is not interested in it at all. But the message sounds quite Catholic in a St. Faustina style. It just really threw me through a loop. As far as guiding her, etc. No. she is still very secretive and secluded. So I don’t push it.
IMHO and I cannot give 'advice' for health or mental but IMHO I do believe people who 'hear things' [and the phenomenon is growing]
and are told to do bad things, are basically hearing the tempters.
The inner locutions, if correct to 'Catholic teaching' is phenomenon because nobody has taught her.
Correct?

It means as we all draw closer to the Lord, the Holy Spirit is closer - and translate that to this - grace is more evident because free will says - let me love the Lord then we become protected by grace.
Our intuition to go towards the Lord means the tempters must go where free will wants the Lord.

I have so so so much to say on this subject.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,751,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well all I know is she is mentally ill. Extremely so and we have the brain scans that show the damage it has caused. I do not doubt Satan can exploit these situations and God can even use them. There is a real issue with those suffering these conditions not being able to discern reality from their illness. That of course, worries me. That latest message she chose to share with mom really threw me off for a bit. But the more I thought and prayed about it, the more cautious about it I became. It did have Catholic qualities to it that I found surprising and reminded me of Saint Faustina’s Diary. Then I started thinking of Saint Faustina herself and her mental state. It really sort of threw me into a bit of a tizzy.
IMHO and I cannot give 'advice' for health or mental but IMHO I do believe people who 'hear things' [and the phenomenon is growing]
and are told to do bad things, are basically hearing the tempters.
The inner locutions, if correct to 'Catholic teaching' is phenomenon because nobody has taught her.
Correct?

It means as we all draw closer to the Lord, the Holy Spirit is closer - and translate that to this - grace is more evident because free will says - let me love the Lord then we become protected by grace.
Our intuition to go towards the Lord means the tempters must go where free will wants the Lord.

I have so so so much to say on this subject.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟453,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Well all I know is she is mentally ill. Extremely so and we have the brain scans that show the damage it has caused. I do not doubt Satan can exploit these situations and God can even use them. There is a real issue with those suffering these conditions not being able to discern reality from their illness. That of course, worries me. That latest message she chose to share with mom really threw me off for a bit. But the more I thought and prayed about it, the more cautious about it I became. It did have Catholic qualities to it that I found surprising and reminded me of Saint Faustina’s Diary. Then I started thinking of Saint Faustina herself and her mental state. It really sort of threw me into a bit of a tizzy.
I believe the meds have an uptake of 'feel good' where the mind literally 'clogs' up the pathways.

I watched how a bipolar mind acts.
It stays stuck for a while and then suddenly everything gets through at once.

If there are clogs or break or absent production of anything for feel goods the meds usually uptake.
I believe schitz [sp?] meds have an uptake of sorts which def fights the bad self feelings.
Which is most of the battle me thinks.

• Friendly
Upvote 0