Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
So is your own FB page a good place to proclaim the gospels and the Word of God? Or is tjat a great way to lose a lot of friends!
I do mention my christian faith in subtle ways, occasional posts mixed in with my usual stuff. I don't wish to ram it down people's throats. But i also feel it is important to stand up for Jesus and never be ashamed or afraid to tell of His good news.
Usually i get ignored. I sense a wall between me and most friends if i mention Christianity. A stony silence. Nobody really willing to discuss Jesus. Not even fellow believers from church and my village who are on FB with me! I often wonder why.

So what is FB for? Mainly for people to write their trivia and show off about how wonderful their lives are. Shame. It could and should be a great way of reaching a lot of people with the Word. Surely?

God bless Joshua

Nov 16, 2017
Sabah
✟19,493.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
How about using your FB to offer the needy with :
food, drinks, take the stranger into your house,
clothing the poor, treating the sick and console the isolated :

Matt 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I do the same as you, Lilly. I post regular, normal things about my life or my kids sometimes. Most of my posting is sharing from other facebook pages. Some of it is political, some social justice or social examination things, some of it is funny things because I need a laugh and enjoy sharing the sense of humor with other, and some of it is Christian memes or articles or postings from church or religious leaders that I respect.

There are times I really like something I see on facebook that I would like to share, but there will a bad word or a small part of it will be negative or a judgemental attitude, so I won't post it because I don't like that myself and I don't want it to affect my reputation or that of Christians in general. Sometimes I won't share something I see because the name of the facebook page or user is not appropriate, or the bulk of the content of their page is not. There have even been some Christian things that I have not shared because I didn't think the attitude was appropriate or something they said taught something is I don't believe, or they misquoted Scripture. I don't want to be responsible for misrepresenting Jesus. I have learned over the years not to share mindlessly, and I often feel guilt if I accidentally share something that I later feel should not have been.

When I use facebook I use it as a tool to extend myself, thoughts, ideas, and life out into my social network of people. It is an extension of my relationships with people. They should see the real me, the real parts of my life (that are appropriate to share, no TMI), and what I believe in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I do the same as you, Lilly. I post regular, normal things about my life or my kids sometimes. Most of my posting is sharing from other facebook pages. Some of it is political, some social justice or social examination things, some of it is funny things because I need a laugh and enjoy sharing the sense of humor with other, and some of it is Christian memes or articles or postings from church or religious leaders that I respect.

There are times I really like something I see on facebook that I would like to share, but there will a bad word or a small part of it will be negative or a judgemental attitude, so I won't post it because I don't like that myself and I don't want it to affect my reputation or that of Christians in general. Sometimes I won't share something I see because the name of the facebook page or user is not appropriate, or the bulk of the content of their page is not. There have even been some Christian things that I have not shared because I didn't think the attitude was appropriate or something they said taught something is I don't believe, or they misquoted Scripture. I don't want to be responsible for misrepresenting Jesus. I have learned over the years not to share mindlessly, and I often feel guilt if I accidentally share something that I later feel should not have been.

When I use facebook I use it as a tool to extend myself, thoughts, ideas, and life out into my social network of people. It is an extension of my relationships with people. They should see the real me, the real parts of my life (that are appropriate to share, no TMI), and what I believe in.

Hi
Exactly like me. I want to be me. Why should i apologise or hide my personality? Nor will i deny the name of our precious Lord.

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Trouble is none of the twaddle and nonsense of peoples facebook postings apppeals to me any more. Once you are exposed to and understand the Word of God, nothing else compares. The trivia of the secular world irritates me. So much time wastage.

• Agree
Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Many people that I care about are on facebook. They are in a different place in their life than I am, and some of them are weaker, some need support, some need -and ask for- prayer, and some are like me, trying to be available and are interested in what's going on in the lives of others.

For me it's not about what appeals to me, it's what are the needs of the very real people on the other side of the screen. I can overlook the stuff that I'm not interested in or offended by and look past that to the people who are doing the posting and sharing. Sometimes sharing my view point or having a more mature response can change the conversations or make people at least pause and think, planting seeds.

Jesus went where the broken people were, and where the shallow people were, and met up with them in their worldly social lives.

Upvote 0

Naomi4Christ

not a nutter
Site Supporter
Sep 15, 2005
✟269,225.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
So is your own FB page a good place to proclaim the gospels and the Word of God? Or is tjat a great way to lose a lot of friends!
I do mention my christian faith in subtle ways, occasional posts mixed in with my usual stuff. I don't wish to ram it down people's throats. But i also feel it is important to stand up for Jesus and never be ashamed or afraid to tell of His good news.
Usually i get ignored. I sense a wall between me and most friends if i mention Christianity. A stony silence. Nobody really willing to discuss Jesus. Not even fellow believers from church and my village who are on FB with me! I often wonder why.

So what is FB for? Mainly for people to write their trivia and show off about how wonderful their lives are. Shame. It could and should be a great way of reaching a lot of people with the Word. Surely?
My Facebook friends are in no doubt that I am a Christian.

My latest offerings are shares of our Churches Together posts for Easter.

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟460,590.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've been posting alot more about Christianity on FB and get pretty much zero response and that is OK! I've been on there long enough that people come up to me and ask "hey did you see what I posted?" etc... So now, I don't hear that much because when they ask if I saw what they posted then it usually means a "Did you see what I posted?" And nobody wants to talk about God, the Bible or Christianity! I know they're seeing my stuff because they respond to my other posts. Funny how that works.

Upvote 0