Farmington
✟27,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
I don't think I posted about this. I forget if I mentioned on here or just in a couple emails.

Last week I was looking up old friends on Facebook and other social media, just to see how they were doing, not even to contact.

I came across a girl I'd known as a teenager, we'd partied together quite a bit in 1980, and in 1985 I lost touch with her. I remember in '84 when I was deep into the occult I tried to influence her with it, especially Wicca type witchcraft. Then when I got saved the next year I witnessed Christ to her, and that was the year we lost contact as she went into the service, married someone I knew from school, and as many of our teen year relationship people go their own ways.

Over the years I've prayed for all the people I knew back then, and the list in my Bible written on various front and back pages is over 100, some quite faded. Many people from that time in my life are dead: mostly drugs and drinking related, or diseases most likely caused by use of something: smoking , etc.

So I'm looking on her page and seeing all this stuff about Praise God, and thank You Jesus, and ministry, and eternity. She's obviously saved, and has been so for at least 10 years if not more. And I'm praising God and joyful because I may have planted some of those first seeds way back when, or watered, God knoweth.

I'm at the library doing this so I have to walk home, which is 1.6 miles that takes me 33 minutes. I'm praising the LORD all the way and get almost home and realize, "where did the time go? Where did the streets even go?" And immediately this came to mind from Genesis 29:17-20,

"Leah was tender eyed; but Rachel was beautiful and well favoured.
And Jacob loved Rachel; and said, I will serve thee seven years for Rachel thy younger daughter.
And Laban said, It is better that I give her to thee, than that I should give her to another man: abide with me.
And Jacob served seven years for Rachel; and they seemed unto him but a few days, for the love he had to her."

In my case a 33 minute walk seemed like 2 minutes and I was there. There's that time distortion. I was head over heels in the joy of the LORD for knowing Rachel is saved. Yes, even the name!

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟112,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think I posted about this. I forget if I mentioned on here or just in a couple emails.

Last week I was looking up old friends on Facebook and other social media, just to see how they were doing, not even to contact.

I came across a girl I'd known as a teenager, we'd partied together quite a bit in 1980, and in 1985 I lost touch with her. I remember in '84 when I was deep into the occult I tried to influence her with it, especially Wicca type witchcraft. Then when I got saved the next year I witnessed Christ to her, and that was the year we lost contact as she went into the service, married someone I knew from school, and as many of our teen year relationship people go their own ways.

Over the years I've prayed for all the people I knew back then, and the list in my Bible written on various front and back pages is over 100, some quite faded. Many people from that time in my life are dead: mostly drugs and drinking related, or diseases most likely caused by use of something: smoking , etc.

So I'm looking on her page and seeing all this stuff about Praise God, and thank You Jesus, and ministry, and eternity. She's obviously saved, and has been so for at least 10 years if not more. And I'm praising God and joyful because I may have planted some of those first seeds way back when, or watered, God knoweth.

I'm at the library doing this so I have to walk home, which is 1.6 miles that takes me 33 minutes. I'm praising the LORD all the way and get almost home and realize, "where did the time go? Where did the streets even go?" And immediately this came to mind from Genesis 29:17-20,

"Leah was tender eyed; but Rachel was beautiful and well favoured.
And Jacob loved Rachel; and said, I will serve thee seven years for Rachel thy younger daughter.
And Laban said, It is better that I give her to thee, than that I should give her to another man: abide with me.

And Jacob served seven years for Rachel; and they seemed unto him but a few days, for the love he had to her."

In my case a 33 minute walk seemed like 2 minutes and I was there. There's that time distortion. I was head over heels in the joy of the LORD for knowing Rachel is saved. Yes, even the name!
Amen to your post. :) I am glad that your friend from 40 years ago is saved, and in Christ. Goes to show how even the pagans can turn to Jesus.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟27,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Amen to your post. :) I am glad that your friend from 40 years ago is saved, and in Christ. Goes to show how even the pagans can turn to Jesus.

She was never a pagan, but we were partiers. I'm so glad she didn't fall for the witchcraft stuff I tried to get her into. She had a belief in God but as far as I can tell looking back it was that same kind of belief most have without being born again. And our fruits back then were beer and weed, and some other stuff which I wish not to give any credence or glory to, as those are Satan's tools

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟112,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
She was never a pagan, but we were partiers. I'm so glad she didn't fall for the witchcraft stuff I tried to get her into. She had a belief in God but as far as I can tell looking back it was that same kind of belief most have without being born again. And our fruits back then were beer and weed, and some other stuff which I wish not to give any credence or glory to, as those are Satan's tools
Well hey, God helped both of you escape the witchcraft stuff you used to follow, and helped both of you escape the vice of drugs. God is powerful, we can do all things through Christ.

Upvote 0