panterapat

Praise God in all things!
Jun 4, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟9,767.00
Faith
Catholic
Being that Abrahams son to his slave girl, Ishmel was banished after Issac was born, and the two were opposed to each other, and Ishmel being the spiritual leader of the Islamic faith, and Abraham/Issac being the fathers of the Jewish faith, (in my belief this extends to the Catholic faith):

Does it seem that things have come full circle and we are back into this opposition between Islamic and Jewish(and by extension Christian)faiths?

It seems that the world is lining up as Islamic vs Jewish/Christian. I have always thought that WWIII would be not between USA and USSR but between Islamic and Jewish/Christian nations.

Could this a foreshadowing of the end times?

Our God is one God, the God of Israel,
Patrick

ps: It is ironic that (I think) all three religions worship the same God, the God of Abraham. (Is this true of the Islamics?)

beanbagboy1982

Feb 20, 2003
Edinburg Tx
Visit site
✟196.00
Faith
Christian
Panterapat Writes:ps: It is ironic that (I think) all three religions worship the same God, the God of Abraham. (Is this true of the Islamics?)

No, it is not the same God.
I know this becuase the in the bible Jesus says that the only way to the father is going through Him, so the islam and the christian do not worship the same GOd, our God is a God of love, and to my understanding the Koran (islamic Bible) teaches that all the unbelievers should be killed,
a nation divided cannot stand, our God is the true God.

Upvote 0

panterapat

Jun 4, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟9,767.00
Faith
Catholic
beanbagboy1982,

What I am considering is this:
Ishamel was a son of Abraham.
Issac was a son of Abraham.
In their division, did they BOTH continue to worship the God of their father Abraham, but in different ways?
~ALSO~
Jews and Christians do worship the same God it is just that the Jews did not accept Jesus as their Massiah. The Father, Son and Spirit are One. Therefore, in worshiping God, IMO the Jews are worshiping the total God which I believe to be the Trinity. Nobody knows the total Godhead. We worship as we understand. The Jews do not accept/understand Jesus to be the Son but that does not limit their ability to worship God to the extent of their understanding.

Patrick
ps: I would like some Jewish opinion or teachings in this area

Upvote 0

panterapat

Jun 4, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟9,767.00
Faith
Catholic
Well, I started off wondering what a Jew might think about the present world situation actually having root in the conflict between Issac and Ishamel.

But I also wonder if the Muslims worship the same God as the Christians and Jews.

I really wanted some Jewish thought on these matters.

Patrick

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Veteran - Blue Bible Dude
Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well things aren't exactly coming full-circle because unknown to most Americans, there has always been a constant war in the Middle East. The rebirth of Isreal only focused us in on the problem. So what I'm saying is, it's always been going on, we just haven;t really heard about it that much.

One is a God of grace... the other a god of works. Not the same :)

26th February 2003 at 12:29 AM panterapat said this in Post #1

Does it seem that things have come full circle and we are back into this opposition between Islamic and Jewish(and by extension Christian)faiths?

It seems that the world is lining up as Islamic vs Jewish/Christian. I have always thought that WWIII would be not between USA and USSR but between Islamic and Jewish/Christian nations.

ps: It is ironic that (I think) all three religions worship the same God, the God of Abraham. (Is this true of the Islamics?)

Upvote 0