Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
The Dow Jones has dropped 31.68% since Feb. 12th.

Dow drops nearly 3,000 points, as coronavirus collapse continues; worst day since ’87

The major averages fell to their lows into the close after President Donald Trump said the worst of the outbreak could last until August. He also told reporters the U.S. “may be” heading into a recession.

My economics teacher warned us in 2018 that Trump's policies were going to lead us into a recession, even if times stayed great, bc they were so so so shortsighted. We learned about the Black Swan then.

Zoomers how do you feel about this? For 3 yrs Boomers who are Trump fans have boasted every chance they could about record low unemployment. Even though the wages were stagnant. The minimum wage in the US in several states is literally the same as it was when I was in kindergarten. The costs of living, of college, of everything have gone up but the wages didn't. Trump didn't change that when he could have. They bragged all the time about the stock market even though many millions of ppl aren't invested in it. It made the rich ppl richer. It didn't help the rest. Now the gains have been flushed.

These are the worst losses
106446013-158438907471720200316_dow_one_day_losses_market_close.png

None during President Obama's time. Two during Trump's.

I'm feeling more nervous bc we haven't started our careers & everything yet. I think w my own field I'm gonna be fine regardless but I mean it's going to be hard for a ton of ppl in our generation.

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟327,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The Dow Jones has dropped 31.68% since Feb. 12th.

Dow drops nearly 3,000 points, as coronavirus collapse continues; worst day since ’87

My economics teacher warned us in 2018 that Trump's policies were going to lead us into a recession, even if times stayed great, bc they were so so so shortsighted. We learned about the Black Swan then.

Zoomers how do you feel about this? For 3 yrs Boomers who are Trump fans have boasted every chance they could about record low unemployment. Even though the wages were stagnant. The minimum wage in the US in several states is literally the same as it was when I was in kindergarten. The costs of living, of college, of everything have gone up but the wages didn't. Trump didn't change that when he could have. They bragged all the time about the stock market even though many millions of ppl aren't invested in it. It made the rich ppl richer. It didn't help the rest. Now the gains have been flushed.

These are the worst losses
106446013-158438907471720200316_dow_one_day_losses_market_close.png

None during President Obama's time. Two during Trump's.

I'm feeling more nervous bc we haven't started our careers & everything yet. I think w my own field I'm gonna be fine regardless but I mean it's going to be hard for a ton of ppl in our generation.

What policies caused it? Asking for my teenage son.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
What policies caused it? Asking for my teenage son.

Have your teenage son join here then I'd be happy to talk with him about this. If he's already had economics he might have studied this if not I can share.

Upvote 0