Los Angeles Area
✟848,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
"In a sign of the Trump orbit’s urgent need for cash, at least two donors who made seven-figure pledges to support Mr. Trump this year were nudged to see if they could cut an eight-figure check — meaning $10 million or more — instead, according to a person familiar with the request."

--
That's an interesting contrast. Biden is getting huge grassroots support from many donors. Trump is chasing after millionaires to dig deeper.

Trump tells billionaires he’ll keep their taxes low at $50 million fundraising gala

Former President Donald Trump emphasized the importance of extending his signature tax cuts to some of the nation’s wealthiest political donors, according to a readout of his private remarks Saturday night provided by a Trump campaign official.

Trump makes sweeping promises to donors on audacious fundraising tour

By tying donation requests to pledges of tax cuts and other policies, Trump is testing the boundaries of federal campaign finance laws.

“I’m not having lunch [with a donor who gave $1 million],” Trump said he responded, according to donors who attended. “You’ve got to make it $25 million.”

Another businessman, he said, had traditionally given $2 million to $3 million to Republicans. Instead, he said he told the donor that he wanted a $25 million or $50 million contribution or he would not be “very happy.”

Trump has met with an assortment of real estate, legal, finance, oil and other business executives in recent months, according to people familiar with invitation lists.

By frequently tying the fundraising requests within seconds of promises of tax cuts, oil project infrastructure approvals and other favorable policies and asking for sums more than his campaign and the GOP can legally accept from an individual, Trump is also testing the boundaries of federal campaign finance laws, according to legal experts.

The former president was once reluctant to call donors and decried the role of big money in politics. Part of his opposition to making calls was that he liked the perception that he was an outsider who was going to “drain the swamp.”

“I will say this — [the] people [who] control special interests, lobbyists, donors, they make large contributions to politicians and they have total control over those politicians,” Trump said during a 2016 debate. “And frankly, I know the system better than anybody else, and I’m the only one up here that’s going to be able to fix that system, because that system is wrong.”

[So much for that.]

At the fundraiser, he promised to cut taxes on corporations and give oil executives an array of policies they wanted and said he was being outraised by the Democrats and the unions, asking the crowd to “be generous, please.”

“So give me some of your money,” he said, drawing laughs. “True. I’m begging for your money.”

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟572,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Trump makes sweeping promises to donors on audacious fundraising tour

By tying donation requests to pledges of tax cuts and other policies, Trump is testing the boundaries of federal campaign finance laws.

“I’m not having lunch [with a donor who gave $1 million],” Trump said he responded, according to donors who attended. “You’ve got to make it $25 million.”

Another businessman, he said, had traditionally given $2 million to $3 million to Republicans. Instead, he said he told the donor that he wanted a $25 million or $50 million contribution or he would not be “very happy.”

Trump has met with an assortment of real estate, legal, finance, oil and other business executives in recent months, according to people familiar with invitation lists.

By frequently tying the fundraising requests within seconds of promises of tax cuts, oil project infrastructure approvals and other favorable policies and asking for sums more than his campaign and the GOP can legally accept from an individual, Trump is also testing the boundaries of federal campaign finance laws, according to legal experts.

The former president was once reluctant to call donors and decried the role of big money in politics. Part of his opposition to making calls was that he liked the perception that he was an outsider who was going to “drain the swamp.”

“I will say this — [the] people [who] control special interests, lobbyists, donors, they make large contributions to politicians and they have total control over those politicians,” Trump said during a 2016 debate. “And frankly, I know the system better than anybody else, and I’m the only one up here that’s going to be able to fix that system, because that system is wrong.”

[So much for that.]

At the fundraiser, he promised to cut taxes on corporations and give oil executives an array of policies they wanted and said he was being outraised by the Democrats and the unions, asking the crowd to “be generous, please.”

“So give me some of your money,” he said, drawing laughs. “True. I’m begging for your money.”
I'd love to hear a TrumpFan explain how this constitutes "draining the swamp."

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟848,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I'd love to hear a TrumpFan explain how this constitutes "draining the swamp."
Oh, 'draining the swamp' is so 2016. Trump is full of fresh new ideas like replacing Obamacare and infrastructure week.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟848,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Not fundraising, per se (I think)

Trump sells $10 million jet to MAGA megadonor

The Daily Beast reported Monday that MAGA megadonor Mehrdad Moayedi has purchased the former president's $10 million jet.
Per the news outlet, "Federal Aviation Administration records show that on May 13, the aircraft’s registration changed from the Trump Organization’s DT Air Corp to a Texas entity called MM Fleet Holdings LLC. State records tie that company to Mehrdad Moayedi, an Iranian-American construction and development tycoon who lives near Dallas and runs Centurion American Custom Homes."

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟848,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
On the plus side for Trump fundraising, the reaction to the guilty verdict brought so much traffic to WinRed that the site broke.
On the minus side, it was broke long enough to have potentially missed out on $1 million in donations (if people didn't try again later).

LisaDesjardins (X): Am told that the heavy interest and site crash cost Trump am [sic] estimated $500k - $1m in lost donations bc the intensity was so high.

• Haha
Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟848,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Man, they're going to tank their site again, but only because of all the outgoing emails.

My poor Yahoo mailbox is swollen with Trump asking for money.

1717162482953.png

1717162835966.png

1717162982312.png

1717163006125.png

1717162954436.png

Also, please send money.

Attachments

• 1717162930438.png
    1717162930438.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟848,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Trump campaign warns GOP candidatesnot to fundraise off Trump’s conviction

“Any Republican elected official, candidate or party committee siphoning money from President Trump’s donors are no better than Judge Merchan’s daughter,” said Trump co-campaign manager Chris LaCivita. “We’re keeping a list, we’ll be checking it twice and we aren’t in the spirit of Christmas.”

FIND YOUR OWN GRIFT, LOSERS!

Upvote 0