Does James dissect the Law?

F

from scratch

Matthew 12:50 Then Jesus added, “Anyone who obeys my Father in heaven is my brother, sister, and mother!”

Mark 9:7 And a cloud came, overshadowing them, and a voice came from the cloud, “This is my beloved Son. Listen to him!”
Wonderful!!!! Now what does Jesus say?

You really make it sound like Mat 12 commands us to keep the law given the context of the thread.

Now you must show where Jesus commands the keeping of the law. You must over come -

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

and

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

and

The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Upvote 0

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wonderful!!!! Now what does Jesus say?

You really make it sound like Mat 12 commands us to keep the law given the context of the thread.

Now you must show where Jesus commands the keeping of the law. You must over come -

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

and

and

The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Grace and truth came through Jesus. Don't focus on grace so much that you miss truth. We find truth in the teachings of Jesus. Jesus taught us how honor the seventh day in light of human needs. That's the truth he taught regarding the seventh day. Listen to Jesus, not the religious leaders of his day.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

Grace and truth came through Jesus. Don't focus on grace so much that you miss truth. We find truth in the teachings of Jesus. Jesus taught us how honor the seventh day in light of human needs. That's the truth he taught regarding the seventh day. Listen to Jesus, not the religious leaders of his day.
True and the law didn't come through Jesus.

Please address the other verses I quoted.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
John 15:10

Contemporary English Version (CEV)

10 If you obey me, I will keep loving you, just as my Father keeps loving me, because I have obeyed him.

Galatians 5:18

18 But if you obey the Spirit, the Law of Moses has no control over you.

James 2:10-11

10 If you obey every law except one, you are still guilty of breaking them all. 11 The same God who told us to be faithful in marriage also told us not to murder. So even if you are faithful in marriage, but murder someone, you still have broken God’s Law.

Upvote 0

DArceri

Exercise daily -- walk with the Lord.
Nov 14, 2006
✟11,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In a sense we are under the 'law'. Scripture says true Christians are now under the 'LAW OF CHRIST' (1 Cor 9:21; Gal 6:2)... IOW, those who are born of God have the 'mind of Christ'. Thus, the true Chrsitian will have the Spirit of Christ convicting him daily of what God loves and doesn't love. This is why Christians are called 'bond servants' of our Lord (James 1:1 NASB James, 'a bond servant of God and our Lord Jesus Christ). The question remains, are you convicted of your sin and are you seeking repentance of that sin.... 1 Cor 2:11-16 For who knows a person's thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God. And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual. The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned. The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one. “For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
In a sense we are under the 'law'. Scripture says true Christians are now under the 'LAW OF CHRIST'... IOW, those who are born of God have the 'mind of Christ'. Thus, the true Chrsitian will have the Spirit of Christ convicting him daily of what God loves and doesn't love. The question remains, are you convicted of your sin and are you seeking repentance of that sin.... 1 Cor 2:11-16 For who knows a person's thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God. And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual. The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned. The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one. “For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.
No... we are not in ANY SENSE under the Law. The Law is considered by those who promote it the Mosaic Law which includes the 10 commandments within it. To even try and connect the mosaic Law to Christians is not possible with proper exegis of the scriptures.

Upvote 0

DArceri

Nov 14, 2006
✟11,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No... we are not in ANY SENSE under the Law. The Law is considered by those who promote it the Mosaic Law which includes the 10 commandments within it. To even try and connect the mosaic Law to Christians is not possible with proper exegis of the scriptures.
I did not say we are under the Mosaic law. Quit being so defensive and read what I said.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I did not say we are under the Mosaic law. Quit being so defensive and read what I said.

I read it... and you equated "in a sense" which means what it says. In a sense means in a sense we are under the mosaic Law which was what was being equated throughout the thread from the start.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DArceri

Nov 14, 2006
✟11,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sophrosyne.... please bro. I just told you that we are not under the Mosaic Law. If you read the WHOLE CONTEXT, the point was being made that we are under the law in the sense that Jesus has FULFILLED IT. Since we are under Christ we are NOW under the Law of Christ. Do you want to respond to my whole post or cherry pick a single phrase so you can win an argument?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DArceri

Nov 14, 2006
✟11,256.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I read it... and you equated "in a sense" which means what it says. In a sense means in a sense we are under the mosaic Law which was what was being equated throughout the thread from the start.
Sophrosyne.... please bro. I just told you that we are not under the Mosaic Law. If you read the WHOLE CONTEXT, the point was being made that we are under the law in the sense that Jesus has FULFILLED IT. Since we are under Christ we are NOW under the Law of Christ. Do you want to respond to my whole post or cherry pick a single phrase so you can win an argument?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Raeneske

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
✟7,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Since you repeat yourself I will too. Christians, true Christians that is, or not under the law, we are under Grace. The law is nothing, Grace is everything. The problem is you want to earn your salvation by following the law, that means you must follow all 613 or so laws and that leads to death.

Christians don't worry about such nonsense, we live by Grace.

You say truly, we are are not under the law, we are under grace. But, do not forget that this grace does not give us license to sin.

Romans 6:14-15 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

What is sin, defined by the Bible?

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

So, although we are not under the law, but under grace, we are not to transgress that law. The law is not nothing, the law of God is important. The Law of God shows the character of our God. And, It is important enough to be established in the New Covenant.

Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Though we are saved by grace through faith, lest any man should boast, the law is still established in the Christian religion. That very law which was written down for the Jews was written down for us Christians too. While the law was written for stone for all of us, for those of us who will come to the Covenant Keeping God, He will write the laws in our hearts as well.

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

And so is the law written within our hearts. And we from the heart, obey the law that was written in stone. What is true love?

Romans 13:8-10 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. 9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Love is the fulfilling of the law. We are to love our neighbors as ourselves, and love God with all our heart, soul, and mind. Remember what our Lord Jesus Christ said?

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

And our Lord Jesus did not come to abolish the law. No, Jesus came to magnify the law and make it honorable.

Isaiah 42:21 The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

Jesus' words in John 14:15 echo that which is found in one of the ten commandments.

Exodus 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Wherefore, Jesus saith, "If ye love me, keep my commandments." For Jesus loves us, enough to die for us. God the Father loves us enough, to send His Son to die for us, upon the cross. All that is required of us is to love God and His only begotten Son, and to be obedient.

Mercy will be shown to them that love Jesus, and keep His commandments. This does include the 7th Day Sabbath, as Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath Day. For it is Jesus who created the world in six days, and rested upon the 7th Day, wherefore He blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart for holy use. And upon this day is the day that all flesh is to come together, and worship their Maker. And such a pattern will continue after this life for all eternity.

Isaiah 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

You say truly, we are are not under the law, we are under grace. But, do not forget that this grace does not give us license to sin.

Romans 6:14-15 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

What is sin, defined by the Bible?

1 John 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
We read -

23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin. Rom 14.

Where is faith required for obedience to the law? It isn't a violation of the law. Yet its sin to not have it. So much for your definition of sin. Your verse says also transgresses the law. What else is sin?

Since sin was before the law (Rom 5:13), how can it only or always be a transgression of the law? We need also need to deal with Gal 3:19 -

Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made.

This verse shows the law only existed for a period of time. Since the Seed has come the jurisdiction of the law is over. Now where is sin? Is it nor more? If one doesn't observe the law do they sin? How?

Check out Luke 16:16 -

What about John 1:17 -

Did Jesus teach the law as a requirement? No!!!

10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
So, although we are not under the law, but under grace, we are not to transgress that law. The law is not nothing, the law of God is important. The Law of God shows the character of our God. And, It is important enough to be established in the New Covenant.
This is only another way to say we're obligated to the law. How when we've been delivered form the law - Rom 7:6? It doesn't say we've been delivered from the punishment of the law. That would be worthless unenforceable law.
Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Though we are saved by grace through faith, lest any man should boast, the law is still established in the Christian religion. That very law which was written down for the Jews was written down for us Christians too. While the law was written for stone for all of us, for those of us who will come to the Covenant Keeping God, He will write the laws in our hearts as well.
Yes the Ten Commandments are well entrenched in the Christian religion. They cause much defeat in the life of the Christian. This is caused by 2 things really that happen at religious meetings - the constant badgering about righteousness (really self righteousness) and the mixed message about grace and the partial practice of law being demanded. It had me defeated for years.

No the Ten Commandments aren't part of Christianity as taught by Jesus and the Apostles.
Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Yes this is a partial quote. The New Testament states this quote of Jeremiah in 2 sentences allowing one to separate it from the previous verse. Yet it speaks of the covenant established spoken of in the previous verse as being different from the covenant issued at Mt Sinai. It says -

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt.

This means directly its not the same law. A covenant is law. In verse 10 we see a change from covenant to My Law. The New Covenant is based on promises as v 6 states. This is an indication the Ten Commandments aren't part of the New Covenant. Further more all the Ten Commandments aren't repeated in the New Testament. It certainly was a very big deal under the jurisdiction of the law. Israel was severely punished for no observance. No one in the New Testament was. It in fact says no day is valued above another.
And so is the law written within our hearts. And we from the heart, obey the law that was written in stone. What is true love?
No the law wasn't moved making it new. We don't have a renewed law or covenant either. We have a New Covenant not according to the other one.
Romans 13:8-10 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. 9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
:amen: This doesn't show obligation to the law for the Christian. The issue is the practice of sin. Consider Gal 5:19-21 and 1 Tim 1:9-10.
Love is the fulfilling of the law. We are to love our neighbors as ourselves, and love God with all our heart, soul, and mind. Remember what our Lord Jesus Christ said?
Love is what did you say? fulfilling the law? Since when is fulfilling the law keeping the law? The Christian is in Jesus and Jesus is in the Christian. We've fulfilled the law thru Jesus, not through ourselves. Our righteousness is filthy rags. besides Jesus said our righteousness must exceed that of the scribes and Pharisees. Where did or on what was their righteous based? The law of course. The question is how can one exceed that on the same basis? No one can as the Psalms tell us. Paul says it isn't his (our) righteousness in Phil 3:9. Then refer to how it is acquired in Romans 4.
John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

And our Lord Jesus did not come to abolish the law. No, Jesus came to magnify the law and make it honorable.
I already addressed this with John 15:10. Jesus said to keep His commandments. Jesus said He kept His Father's commandments. We know Jesus kept the Ten Commandments. So far no one has shown Jesus kept other commandments outside of the law as required of the Jew. Even if Jesus did He said very plainly the law isn't His doing.
Isaiah 42:21 The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

Jesus' words in John 14:15 echo that which is found in one of the ten commandments.
Sorry they don't as my above statements prove.

Exodus 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
Who are those thousands? If it means the world, why doesn't the Bible say so?
Wherefore, Jesus saith, "If ye love me, keep my commandments." For Jesus loves us, enough to die for us. God the Father loves us enough, to send His Son to die for us, upon the cross. All that is required of us is to love God and His only begotten Son, and to be obedient.

Mercy will be shown to them that love Jesus, and keep His commandments. This does include the 7th Day Sabbath, as Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath Day. For it is Jesus who created the world in six days, and rested upon the 7th Day, wherefore He blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart for holy use. And upon this day is the day that all flesh is to come together, and worship their Maker. And such a pattern will continue after this life for all eternity.
No it doesn't include the 7th day Sabbath. No one has shown as requested for 3 years I've been here that Jesus ever once required the keeping of the law or the 7th day Sabbath.
Isaiah 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
It says from ... to. It says nothing about on. Read the next verse about the activities also included. The verse is only the way they spoke about time and indicates something that is unceasing opposed to being limited to a single week day.

Upvote 0

Raeneske

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
✟7,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We read -

23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin. Rom 14.

Where is faith required for obedience to the law? It isn't a violation of the law. Yet its sin to not have it. So much for your definition of sin. Your verse says also transgresses the law. What else is sin?

Since sin was before the law (Rom 5:13), how can it only or always be a transgression of the law? We need also need to deal with Gal 3:19 -

Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made.

This verse shows the law only existed for a period of time. Since the Seed has come the jurisdiction of the law is over. Now where is sin? Is it nor more? If one doesn't observe the law do they sin? How?

Check out Luke 16:16 -

What about John 1:17 -

Did Jesus teach the law as a requirement? No!!!

10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.This is only another way to say we're obligated to the law. How when we've been delivered form the law - Rom 7:6? It doesn't say we've been delivered from the punishment of the law. That would be worthless unenforceable law.Yes the Ten Commandments are well entrenched in the Christian religion. They cause much defeat in the life of the Christian. This is caused by 2 things really that happen at religious meetings - the constant badgering about righteousness (really self righteousness) and the mixed message about grace and the partial practice of law being demanded. It had me defeated for years.

No the Ten Commandments aren't part of Christianity as taught by Jesus and the Apostles.Yes this is a partial quote. The New Testament states this quote of Jeremiah in 2 sentences allowing one to separate it from the previous verse. Yet it speaks of the covenant established spoken of in the previous verse as being different from the covenant issued at Mt Sinai. It says -

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt.

This means directly its not the same law. A covenant is law. In verse 10 we see a change from covenant to My Law. The New Covenant is based on promises as v 6 states. This is an indication the Ten Commandments aren't part of the New Covenant. Further more all the Ten Commandments aren't repeated in the New Testament. It certainly was a very big deal under the jurisdiction of the law. Israel was severely punished for no observance. No one in the New Testament was. It in fact says no day is valued above another.No the law wasn't moved making it new. We don't have a renewed law or covenant either. We have a New Covenant not according to the other one.:amen: This doesn't show obligation to the law for the Christian. The issue is the practice of sin. Consider Gal 5:19-21 and 1 Tim 1:9-10.Love is what did you say? fulfilling the law? Since when is fulfilling the law keeping the law? The Christian is in Jesus and Jesus is in the Christian. We've fulfilled the law thru Jesus, not through ourselves. Our righteousness is filthy rags. besides Jesus said our righteousness must exceed that of the scribes and Pharisees. Where did or on what was their righteous based? The law of course. The question is how can one exceed that on the same basis? No one can as the Psalms tell us. Paul says it isn't his (our) righteousness in Phil 3:9. Then refer to how it is acquired in Romans 4. I already addressed this with John 15:10. Jesus said to keep His commandments. Jesus said He kept His Father's commandments. We know Jesus kept the Ten Commandments. So far no one has shown Jesus kept other commandments outside of the law as required of the Jew. Even if Jesus did He said very plainly the law isn't His doing.Sorry they don't as my above statements prove.Who are those thousands? If it means the world, why doesn't the Bible say so?No it doesn't include the 7th day Sabbath. No one has shown as requested for 3 years I've been here that Jesus ever once required the keeping of the law or the 7th day Sabbath.It says from ... to. It says nothing about on. Read the next verse about the activities also included. The verse is only the way they spoke about time and indicates something that is unceasing opposed to being limited to a single week day.

Romans 14:23 does not nullify the fact that sin is the transgression of the law. It shows that the doubting mind is sinning, because they have not faith. And it is impossible to please God without faith.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Therefore, whatsoever is not of faith, is sin. And what is sin? Transgression of the law.

The 10 Commandments were not added because of sin. The commandments are a transcript of God's holy character. It is God's character, written down for men and women to understand. The law that was added because of sin, was the law of Moses. Because of sin, a law was added. Keep that in mind, it was added. Added to what? Something had to originally be in place for the law to be added to. And this added law only served until the time of the reformation, that being until Christ came, died, and rose again.

As for Luke 16:16, Christ was not declaring that the Ten Commandments had passed away.

Luke 16:17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.

Shall the law fail? Nay, but each and every commandment is still in effect. For example, adultery.

Luke 16:18 Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

Jesus did teach that we are to obey the law. Nothing that Jesus did diminished the law, but as prophesied:

We are delivered from the law, not from obedience to it, but from being dead because the law demands our death for transgressing it.

Romans 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

We are to serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter. This does not mean we are not to obey the law, please do not misunderstand Romans 7:6. And so, as Paul serves the law of God, so are we to.

Romans 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

We are not to be self-righteous. For all have sinned, and all fall short of the glory of God. It is impossible for a man to be completely blameless in the law, for then He would be sinless.

Hebrews 8:7-12 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. 8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: 9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: 11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Because they are not the same covenant, does not mean that some of the same principles are not retained. For example, obediance was required in the first covenant, and is required in this one as well. But the problem with the first covenant, was the fault with mankind. Therefore, God made a new covenant, in which all can come to Him in His Son Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who died for our sins, and rose again. The law was then promised to be written in our hearts. And as verse 12 shows, so to we find written in the commandment about mercy:

What I said came from Romans 13:10. Love is the fulfilling of the law.

Romans 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

What is love? It is the fulfilling of the law. It is putting God first in all things, refusing to worship idols, whether physical or not, not taking His name in vain, setting His time specifically out for Him to be honored, adored, and worshiped. Love is honoring your parents, not committing murder, whether physical or in our hearts, not committing adultery, in our hearts, or our minds (which brings up 1 Corinthians 13:5, which shows that love does not think evil), not stealing, not lying, and not coveting. This is love. Love is the fulfilling of the law. But remember, whatsoever is not of faith, is sin.

Indeed, the law is not made for the righteous man, but I do believe the Scriptures addresses whether we are righteous or not.

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

And Paul identifies himself as a wretched man.

Romans 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

We are all wretched, and unrighteous. Of course, there is no condemnation for them that are in Christ Jesus, and it is Christ our righteousness. So we can appear before God with Christ's righteousness. But all have sinned, and all still sin. All sin is unrighteousness.

1 John 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

We still commit unrighteous acts, which are contrary to righteousness and sound doctrine. So indeed, the law is still for us.

As for those thousands:

It cannot be the world, because the entire world does not love Jesus nor keep His commandments. Those thousands are the thousands that love Jesus, and keep His commandments. This does not only refer to Israel, if that is what you are implying. God shows mercy unto thousands of them that love Him, and keep His commandments.

As for keeping the Sabbath:

Revelation 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

John the Apostle was found in the Spirit on the Lord's day. Two questions: what is the Lord's day, and why was John in the Spirit on that day? The Scriptures contain both answers.

Matthew 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Isaiah 58:13-14 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: 14 Then shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

John 4:23-24 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Jesus says He is Lord of the Sabbath Day. This implies very much, but I would like to point to the 4th commandment.

Exodus 20:8-11 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

In six days the LORD made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day. Do you realize what this means? It is Jesus Himself who set this day apart for holy use.

Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

As it is said in Isaiah 58:13, this is His holy day. This is the LORD's day. And so why was John in the Spirit on the Lord's day? Because those who worship God must worship Him in spirit and in truth. John the Apostle was found keeping the Sabbath Day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sonshine234

Nov 10, 2012
✟2,002.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Nor did I say such. While we do not have a license to sin we are not under the burden or penalty of the law :)

Upvote 0