• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, that's what PTSD is... My mum said I was a happy bubbly energetic girl before she married him.
Thank you for helping me understand your story as to "how" this came about. My heart breaks for those that have to deal with this. If at anytime you feel I have crossed the line in my questioning please let me know. And I will go no further, as to respect you.

You said that you were getting better and sticking to the treatment and medications. Do you "feel or think" that this is plainly a medical problem or do you "feel or think" that this issue is of a spiritual nature? OR maybe you feel its a mixture of both??

Upvote 0

MayMcFlurry

Jun 30, 2016
England
✟18,090.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Greens
Thanks :) I feel it's a mixture of both. During my psychosis I suffered from a lot of demonic torment which I feel came from a generational curse on my step-dad's side. I since changed my last name and cut soul ties with him.

But there is also a lot that happened that was plain delusion and hallucinations. So I wonder if the trauma which caused the psychosis also attracted the demons to me...

But yes medicine and therapy has solved everything for me, so I believe in it 100%. Even the demonic issues.

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks :) I feel it's a mixture of both. During my psychosis I suffered from a lot of demonic torment which I feel came from a generational curse on my step-dad's side. I since changed my last name and cut soul ties with him.

But there is also a lot that happened that was plain delusion and hallucinations. So I wonder if the trauma which caused the psychosis also attracted the demons to me...

But yes medicine and therapy has solved everything for me, so I believe in it 100%. Even the demonic issues.
That is awesome I can see you are open to whatever the cause and are dealing with it, I respect that very much and am so glad you are on the road to recovery. I will PM you if thats alright??

Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, yes wouldn't mind a PM! But I will be without internet for a couple of days so I won't be able to reply until Monday
Ok I will wait and PM on Monday so you wont waste your internet......Thank you so much for sharing with me. Prayers for you sister in Christ :prayer:

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I suppose some will say yes they do and some not, i dont know. My question is with Personality disorder...... Do you black out or lose time? Do you remember what was said or done and do you have any control over it while it is happening? I truly do not know much about this disorder and am asking for your stories of what truly happens during those times. I have heard some say they do not remember anything at all. Could you help me understand this please? And does something trigger you and if so, what are your triggers if any?

Thank you, God Bless
I black out sometimes because of PTSD and loose track of what is happening. My triggers are too much stress or physical pain.

Upvote 0

little1

Apr 18, 2017
melbourne
✟9,926.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I suppose some will say yes they do and some not, i dont know. My question is with Personality disorder...... Do you black out or lose time? Do you remember what was said or done and do you have any control over it while it is happening? I truly do not know much about this disorder and am asking for your stories of what truly happens during those times. I have heard some say they do not remember anything at all. Could you help me understand this please? And does something trigger you and if so, what are your triggers if any?

Thank you, God Bless

Yep
I black out and lose time..
but I wouldn't say it's because of borderline? Umm I dissociate
I drive
Talk
Self harm
Random acts of kindness lots of stuff and
Have no memory

It's pretty scary and ruins your life

Upvote 0

SAAchristian757

Aug 23, 2017
Chesapeake, VA
✟17,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Thank you, God Bless

Sort of. My wife says that I lose time because I don't remember conversations. But there are times that I remember things but I don't remember what or how I responded. I have been diagnosed with dissociative personality disorder. No I don't have different names or different persons. Just personality states. I know one of my triggers is talking about finances and about being gay/trans. She says it's a quick change. She says my accountanace changes, aloof, defensive... do bad things like hookup with a guy. It's not an excuse I know, made the choice and remember cheating.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums