Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This video rubbed me the wrong way because of my biblical beliefs. This Christian priest from Bethlehem talks about the hypocrisy of America concerning the treatment of Christians in the Middle East. I was all for Israel wiping out Hamas because of Israel being attacked but as time goes on the deaths of everyone involved including Christians are troubling. The question I asked myself is do we support Israel no matter what they do after all they are a secular democratic state, especially when they are doing things against God's word like murder. I know Israel has a strong lobby in the government.

Trigger alert: (curse words) The men commenting on the interview get bible prophesy wrong in my opinion.

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟294,450.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
American Evangelicals would do well to learn that their theology about the jews and Israel is a modern innovation which doesn't represent the Church throughout all time. As Christians we should be more concerned about fellow Christians (even if they aren't in full agreement) more so than any non believing group, especially one which rejects the Messiah.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟294,450.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Also, humankind because we are all created by God.
No. If we must care about all mankind equally then I cannot care about particular people before anyone else. I don't especially care about Jews or Atheists. I don't wish them ill will but I care more for the wealthfare of fellow Christians more than them.

Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟294,450.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
We differ, Love thy neighbor so I won't distinguish.
Love thy neighbor doesn't mean you can't have an order of priorities in relationships. Would you for instance treat your children equally to a stranger on the street?

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟427,470.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those who bless Israel will be blessed. That’s the way God wants it. So much of what we don’t understand is just because God wants it that way. It’s a test to love Him more than anything. Israel is Gods people. They are the good guys in this conflict. Why bless terrorists- foolishness.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟294,450.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Those who bless Israel will be blessed. That’s the way God wants it. So much of what we don’t understand is just because God wants it that way. It’s a test to love Him more than anything. Israel is Gods people. They are the good guys in this conflict. Why bless terrorists- foolishness.
The citizens of the state of Israel are God's people?

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟35,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Love thy neighbor doesn't mean you can't have an order of priorities in relationships. Would you for instance treat your children equally to a stranger on the street?
No, to me family is not a neighbor.

Edit: change to No

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟35,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The question is no matter what they do even evil? Yes, Jesus was a Jew but do you think he approves of the killing?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟294,450.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yes, to me family is not a neighbor.
So you would deprive your children of food to serve a stranger or someone else's children? You would put the wealthfare of anyone else who is not close to you first?

The problem here is that we as people cannot treat all people or entities equal. Why does Israel deserve such unconditional support? More so than fellow Christians in that region of the world?

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟35,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you would deprive your children of food to serve a stranger or someone else's children? You would put the wealthfare of anyone else who is not close to you first?
I edited my answer to no. I misread your question. Family is different.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,274,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
This video rubbed me the wrong way because of my biblical beliefs. This Christian priest from Bethlehem talks about the hypocrisy of America concerning the treatment of Christians in the Middle East. I was all for Israel wiping out Hamas because of Israel being attacked but as time goes on the deaths of everyone involved including Christians are troubling. The question I asked myself is do we support Israel no matter what they do after all they are a secular democratic state, especially when they are doing things against God's word like murder. I know Israel has a strong lobby in the government.

Trigger alert: (curse words) The men commenting on the interview get bible prophesy wrong in my opinion.

He's not a priest, he's a Lutheran pastor, BTW.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟294,450.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I edited my answer to no. I misread your question. Family is different.
If family is different what do we then make of the family of God? Who are Christ's, that is Christians. Are Jews to be regarded as deserving of equal love and commitment? Despite disbelief in Christ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟35,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are Jews to be regarded as deserving of equal love and commitment? Despite disbelief in Christ?
Yes, Jesus did. I won't add to His word. You can show me in scripture where the hierarchy is on loving neighbors. I will not even conceive of putting Christians on a pedestal as if we are better than others.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟294,450.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yes, Jesus did. I won't add to His word. You can show me in scripture where the hierarchy is on loving neighbors. I will not even conceive of putting Christians on a pedestal as if we are better than others.
It's not about being better. It's about understanding to whom I owe loyalty and love to first. Is it to my brothers and sisters In Christ? Or is it to others who would detest Christ and Christianity?

Last edited:
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,274,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Thanks, anything to add about the video or your thoughts about blessing Israel?

I agree with the Rev. Munther Isaac. It's an issue with which I am very familiar, and it's good to see it getting more coverage.

Upvote 0